Potential dynasty building in the NFC

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
With the signing of Matt Flynn in Seattle.

I hope the Packers are up for the challenge.

:)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a tremendous amount of potential there. Flynn is a great QB and I think he is going to get his start with a team whose star is on the ascent. The Seahawks could do a lot of damage in the NFC west this season. As for the Packers, that will not be relevant unless the two teams meet in the playoffs or NFC championship. I think they will really be a headache in their own division as opposed to them being a headache to us at this point. Let the team gel and see what they can do with their season. Their is a lot of potential, but it must also be proven to be realized. That being said, I think Flynn will enjoy a lot of success with the Seahawks, but it may be something that will truly manifest in the years to come.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
To be serious for a second, yeah I like the potential of Flynn on that team. They were underrated last year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn has one season starting in the past 8 years.
He's obviously done great in his 2 opportunities with the Packers.

We'll see how he does and how long he does it in Starbucks country.
He does have a great RB there and a few talented but fragile WR's.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll has been a winning coach in college and mediocre in the pros. Flynn's signing means there's an instant QB controversy, not good for any team. I still don't see any more than 8-8 for the SeaWhats?

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see Matt Flynn doing much in Seatle. His stock rose in week 16 last season and Seatle Seahawks appear to have way overpaid him in a desperation move for a QB.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that some people are surprised that Miami Dolphins didn't sign Matt Flynn but it seems they have a great shot at landing a much better QB than Matt Flynn if they aquire Alex Smith.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think that the Seahawks, with the right QB at the helm, have the potential to be a very good team. They might surprise more than a few people. As I have said, I think they will be more of a nuisance to their division than the league. But, I think the potential is there and the Seahawks needed to do something to get moving.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. I think Seatle Seahawks can be a good team if they have a good QB at the helm. I just don't think that QB is going to be Matt Flynn. I am surprised Seatle didn't go after Alex Smith or Peyton Manning.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were too many hats in the ring for Manning and Smith only recently decided to consider other options. I think the Seahawks made the right move with going for a younger QB rather than an older one who may be past his prime. That move have been made many times over (*cough Vikings) and it almost always ends badly. I don't know either if Flynn is going to be the QB that is going to work for the Seahawks, I just see the potential is there. But, it's more of a faith in Flynn's abilities than the Seahawks as a team.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Just as I thought.

Flynn to the Seahawks.

Instant horror in the mind of Peyton Manning knowing the competition!!!!

;)

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Well Matt Flynn will probably make a run at the most consecutive career starts. If Flynn breaks a leg then he will continue to carry the team on his back. I bet Seattle goes 14-2. Flynn doesnt wanna attract to much attention by going 19-0 every season.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well Matt Flynn will probably make a run at the most consecutive career starts. If Flynn breaks a leg then he will continue to carry the team on his back. I bet Seattle goes 14-2. Flynn doesnt wanna attract to much attention by going 19-0 every season.

Going 14-2 is the best way for them to stay under the radar in Seattle without getting too cocky.

The Packers might have to go 15-1 again.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Tweet from Adam Schefter : "After adding QB Matt Flynn, the Seahawks have scheduled a visit Tuesday for Raiders RB Michael Bush. TE Jacob Tamme also to visit Seattle."

Everyone wants to play with Matt Flynn.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could use some work on their receiving core. An RB and TE won't hurt matters but I think what they really should be focusing on is some new receivers and an OLineman or two. High time for the Seahawks to start building.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to early to know what Flynn can do on a different team. He was tutored under McCarthy, knew the system, knew the players, and, McCarthy knew what Flynn could and couldn't do better than anybody. Give him credit for succeeding when got the call but in all honesty it was the very best environment he could ask for to succeed.
If you remember, the young QB from Chicago looked awesome in that game against....oh, yeah, US, but then last year when he got the call full time he completely folded. Couldn't win a game and didn't even look like the same guy.

I hope he does well and has a nice career but right now it's far to premature to have a clue how this will turn out.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I agree that it is way too early to tell. Also, Seattle don't seem to be too consistent over time. I don't think Pete Carroll is a stellar NFL coach. I really hoped he would make to a better situation.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Flynn do well, but if he's the second coming of Aaron Rogers, why didn't Philbin insist on signing him? Makes me wonder....

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'd like to see Flynn do well, but if he's the second coming of Aaron Rogers, why didn't Philbin insist on signing him? Makes me wonder....

Tom Brady BEGGED him not to and likely paid him. He did not want to be embarrassed in the AFC East.

packersflow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im very interested how he will do against us and how the Seachickens will fair in the NFC West..

Members online

Latest posts