Post Game Impressions

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
we have big holes in this team ... i still think we can fill some of these holes ,,

The first thing I thought about from your statement was hope. I welcome the challenge the Packers face to fill these big holes in hopes that they will grow and eventually prevail. A Redskin/Raider fan told me at work today; "At least you have hope Steve." I thought about what he said and figured, damn, he knows he has no hope for those teams but knows the Packers have great hopes.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree to some extent... He isn't terrible at game planning. He failed to do it last game, alright. Calling screens and putting a TE in there shold've considerably helped contain the pass rush. We'll see next game. Like you said, if we struggle on pass protection again, even thought they were a top12 D last year, things won't look good.
-
About Ochocinco, Child, please! he's going to be greeted, alright...
YouTube - Football Jerk denies gift to fans

Oh, I agree about Chad - I just linked it for everybody to be aware of.

I guess I'm a tad frustrated at the showing against Chicago. I mean, either Chicago's defense is HIGHLY underrated, or Mac gets awfully disheveled if his initial game plan sputters. I've seen it time and time again where a team stifles our offense and Mac fails to adjust.

Who knows? Maybe I got carried away over the preseason success, but really - which other offense save New Orleans is as dominant on paper???

We should man handle Cincy, but if Barbre gets smoked that many times - which I don't think Geathers is as stout as Ogunleye - then Rodgers is going to get rattled again.

I sincerely hope we can become a consistently dominant offense and not have these let-down games every now and again.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I agree about Chad - I just linked it for everybody to be aware of.

I guess I'm a tad frustrated at the showing against Chicago. I mean, either Chicago's defense is HIGHLY underrated, or Mac gets awfully disheveled if his initial game plan sputters. I've seen it time and time again where a team stifles our offense and Mac fails to adjust.

Who knows? Maybe I got carried away over the preseason success, but really - which other offense save New Orleans is as dominant on paper???

We should man handle Cincy, but if Barbre gets smoked that many times - which I don't think Geathers is as stout as Ogunleye - then Rodgers is going to get rattled again.

I sincerely hope we can become a consistently dominant offense and not have these let-down games every now and again.
Well, Chicago's defense is Chicago's defense. Specially against us. I've seen once (last year), maybe twice, that they didn't play their guts out against us. Their whole franchise is based on D, and even though they don't have that much talent on D, they sure have the coaches. Marinelli IS one of the best DL coaches in the game, and Lovie is a GREAT DC.

I agree totally with you on the rest. But like I said in other post, it's week 1. And moreso, it's football. There's a reason paper champions usually don't become february champions. It's not just about mismatches and ability, and I really liked the determination of our team. That combined with what I think we have on our roster, gives me confidence... Last year when watching the games, I had the impression we allways got overpowered, that they lacked the will. It didn't happen against Chicago IMO.
-
BTW, the Child, please! was not a reference to your nickname. It was a reference to what Johnson (85) said to Deion Sanders in the season opener.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Defenses are always ahead of the offenses at the beginning of the year. Nothing to worry about. Just look at all the other top seeds and how poorly their offenses did last week.

I'm not worry at this point.

Get the o-line fixed or we'll be sitting home come January. But that is a LONG time from now and if we can start out 3-0, that is a great start to the season. Lets see how we do against the Vikings, that will be the first real test imo.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is called "game-planning" - something Mac is terrible at.

Also, the Bears offense adjusted by quarter 3 and began to find success. However, the Packers coaching staff, once again, fail to make adequate adjustments at halftime. Barring the final play over an Urlacher-less defense, they sucked - plain and simple.

My 14-2 prediction was predicated on an improvement in coaching. The defense is doing its job, time for Big Mac to put down the Twinkies and buckle down. If they play against Cincy like Chicago, they'll struggle to win again.

Ochocinco plans to do the Lambeau Leap | ProFootballTalk.com

And how is MM supposed to "game plan" in advance something he's never seen his opponent do before? I will agree MM doesn't make adjustments on the fly very well. However, the Packers did do something good teams do: they found a way to win the game when they weren't playing their best by any stretch of the imagination offensively. And I think this bodes well for this team in the future if things get hairy again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts