Post-Combine Mock Draft/Free Agency

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a great year to draft so high. We'll be gifted a top 10 talent by default. Edge rusher is a need but everyone below Chubb is a crapshoot. Drafting Davenport, Landry, or Key honestly scares me. I'd take any of Edmunds, Ward, Smith, Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne or Jackson (even after his bad combine.)
Are the draft grades that much better than top 10 draft grades from past drafts? Where does this years draft class rate in terms of top level talent? In the top 20%?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are the draft grades that much better than top 10 draft grades from past drafts? Where does this years draft class rate in terms of top level talent? In the top 20%?

I'm not sure that the draft grades are that much higher over all but the fact that as many as 4 QBs may go before we pick making it more likely that an impact player slips to us is what I'm excited about. If we had this same draft class and we were drafting in the mid 20's I'm not so sure I'd be as excited.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
with the cap made from the cobb cut and jordy restructure yes +-. he was the only competent replacement for cobb out there and now he's off the market.
But Jordy didn’t restructure...and we didn’t cut Cobb...

D

Deleted member 6794

Wimm, you really think Gesicki is at best, a 4th round pick? Why???

I understand a lot of people are excited about Gesicki's performance at the combine but all his athleticism didn't translate into big plays during his senior season with him only averaging 9.9 yards per reception. In addition he struggles mightily blocking for the run. I guess someone will bring up him having nine touchdown receptions last season as a reason to draft him earlier but in my opinion he's not worthy of being drafted early.

Because while I believe Landry will be the best edge player available at 14 I'm not convinced he will be the best player available at 14. I like Landry a lot as an edge rusher and believe he will be okay in space and in coverage.

It's possible Landry won't be the best player on the board at #14 but he might present the most value to the Packers.

He will go well before the 4th round. He might go in the first.

I would be shocked if Gesicki ends up being drafted in the first round and devastated if the Packers use the 14th pick on him.

I hope your right if he does end up being the pick. I miss the days of having a Reggie, Gbaja-biamila, and Kampman reeking Havoc off the edge. Just wish this class had better prospects. We won't be drafting this high next season so I'd rather get a DT who Many consider perennial probowl talents than to settle for the best pure rusher in a week class.

I want the Packers to draft Landry as I expect him to develop into an effective edge rusher at the pro level though.

I'd keep Martinez as a lateral spy on obvious passing downs and he has the quickness to cover in the open field a QB who decides to run for it (not to mention he's a punishing type tackler)

I'm not convinced Martinez is quick enough to spy on read option quarterbacks.