1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Post #1,000

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally hit 1,000 posts... MOve over Cheesey! I am only 9000 some behind you!

What does everyone think about the Superbowl outcom?

Will the Giants make it 4 wins in a row? will the Patriots become the dominat team of all time by winning a 4th Superbowl in 7 years?

I probably won't watch the Superbowl but Hope the Giants win. Seeing as I dislike Moss and the Patriots. I seriously doubt that the Giants are capable however, of playing any better than they did vs the Pack and I feel that they need to to win this game.

What do you all think?

2. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Congrats OBI.

I have a feeling you're right. I've been a NYG fan for 43 years and I love them but for them to win they have to play a perfect game. For NE to win they only have to play well.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    if i do watch it, i will not be watching the giants nor the pats. nope. Tom Petty.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll just tell you something personal - I'm having a hard time finding people willing to give me 13 points. The Pats may win, but they won't cover the point spread.

I'm rooting heavily for the Giants though. I'm even watching this game. I was thinking earlier of not watching it, but now I want to. My brother's coming over and will probably have some other friends over. I think all of us will be rooting for the Giants.

I don't want to make a prediction though. I don't want to jinx the Giants.

5. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't be cheering for anyone. I want both teams to lose... like maybe they call the game on account of the stadium being built on a Native American burial ground and the spirits are threatening to level the stadium if the game isn't stopped. And maybe Goodell decides that the Superbowl isn't worth playing this year and decides to give me the $120 Billion in profits they're gonna make off of it.

That'd make me happy... then I might watch.

6. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    not to bust up the party or anything but why is this in the Packer section?

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quite frankly it gives us something other than the Favre on the last throw debate.

8. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I just dont want them to lose dumb.........like having a nice lead and then giving it away.........like the 39-38 debacle to the 49ers in '03. If they lose I hope it's more of a NE win than a Giants loss.
    I'm w/you Zombie........They should cover.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, hate to say this, but if the Pats win, it will be more a Pats win than a Giants loss. It will be because Coughlin couldn't stop the Pats O, like how Coughlin stopped our O.

10. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The hell with it i wouldn't care less who wins ... but i do admit it would be sweet to see the giants take it lol wow what season killer for the patriots

11. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Yep......I hope their scrutinizing the Charger/Pat game as we speak and see how the Bolts "held" them to 21.

12. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I think it is packerforum etiquette to allow all posts that reach some kind of milestone. It's a psuedo award of sorts. Freedom.

First 100,200,500,1000, etc... I kinda like it.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah.....you might catch me....if i croak!!! :lol:

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats OBi!!! I know I will never catch up to Cheesy.

15. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Maybe.......but you aint croakin' for a long while.

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Takeaways. You got to get in Brady's face and make him do something he'll regret.

Then, you got to somehow outscore them or keep Brady off the field because he will score. It's just a question of how much.

The thing is, your team CAN do it. If you running game eats the clock and wears down their D, and you force a few turnovers, you'll pull off an upset. You have 2 solid RBs. And you got the coach who can keep up with Bellichek. I'd so much love to see it happen.

17. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Now you're starting to convince me.......lol

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    and the Giants are riding a wicked hot streak. I know the Pats are undefeated. but they were almost defeated, 4 games ago, by a team that has gotten hotter each game since then.

19. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    True and NYG really had nothing to play for in that game other than pride...........and the last 1/4 of the season NE didnt play blowout football that was evident earlier.

20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the thing. I get the feeling that the Pats are like Ivan Drago. Their weakness has been discovered. Now, it's just a matter of exploiting it, which will take a lot of heart and pride. I think the Giants can do it. They're playing with heart and pride and it's been evident in every Playoff game they've played.

21. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL..............Great comparison.........."If he dies...............he dies."

They're playing w/heart & pride because they're tired of people saying that they suck, or they're lucky, or they shouldnt be where they are. Heck, nobody thought they'd beat Detroit(4-0 at home) @ Ford or the Bears @ Soldier, people were even saying that the Bills would beat them in Buffalo but they fooled them all.
    I just hope they can do it for one more game.

22. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    He's not a human. He's like a piece of iron!

23. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    You will lose..............I must break you.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know.........I'm feeling mighty old this week. Yesterday was REALLY bad. The weather here has been so up and down, it affects me alot.