Police Sgt and huge Packer fan killed in line of duty

StPeteLEO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all.

Just figured I would let you know about a friend and co-worker of mine who was a HUGE Packer fan. Sgt Tom Baitinger was originally from Wisconsin and bled green and yellow. He was a great guy and was very heroic on Jan 24 when he attempted to rescue another friend of mine who had been shot by a scumbag. Both Bait and Yas lost their lives trying to bring the scum to justice on a warrant for stabbing his wife with a sword. I am not a Packers fan persay, ( I'm a Lion fan) but I will be rooting on the Green and Gold this sunday because my friend Tom will not be able to.

I would post links to story, but rules of this forum will not allow me because I have not posted before. If someone would be so kind to post links, I would appreciate it very much. Just search Sgt Tom Baitinger.

L

Lunchboxer

That is sad. :'(

Sorry for your loss.

Hope the Pack beat the steelers. For everyone that got hurt,or no longer with us.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. That's awful.

Thank you to those who are willing to sacrifice for the benefit of others.

And to those who are willing to put those people to that test i hope you burn in hell.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's some really tough news, you have my sympathies, hope the Pack can shed a little light for you and his family

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about this - that is awful! I hope the Packers win it for him!

I assume you're a police officer too...thank you for serving. I am so sorry for your loss.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear **** Lebeau,

Please blitz Rodgers as much as possible.

Thank You,

Armand

PS: You will get torched if you do

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this with us. You should contact the Green Bay Packers about this. Aaron Popkey might be the person to talk to.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this with us. You should contact the Green Bay Packers about this. Aaron Popkey might be the person to talk to.
Good suggestion. I don't think this fellow police officer will come back to this site though... looks like he just registered to pass the news on.
Hopefully you can PM him so that he will at least get it via e-mail.

That story breaks my heart, and ****** me off so badly.

I was at a son's BD party today, and the boy's dad happens to also be a sergeant in our local police department.

I'm tired of criminals being loose in society. Watch your next 10 murder stories that occur this week (tomorrow) and notice how many of those 10 killers have already committed serious violent crimes. Who let's these animals back out? They don't get rehabilitated! They're violent & evil. Keep them locked up.

Oh, they're overcrowded? Really? The criminals are "uncomfortable" with the living conditions, so throw them back into society where they can rob, mug, ****, and shoot our sisters and mothers and daughters and brothers?

How about we pack them in like sardines and leave them in there... many good people around the world live in tiny huts with tons of people packed in. Why can't these violent animals with trigger-impulses be kept in similar cramped conditions?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah this happen close to here it was all over the new. Very sad and I agree with the above poster!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sent him email with information...
Thanks. Hopefully the Packers media people can do something nice for his widow and kids who just lost their father.

It won't bring him back obviously, but anything they can to do pay their respects and as a tribute to a fellow Packer fan like that, will be much appreciated.

Don't you think it would help if all of us contacted this Packers PR person? If you think so, and can, maybe let us know how to get this suggestion to the Packers brass. I hate good people being murdered, and one who is a Packer fan, right before the Super Bowl? I'm furious.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all.

Just figured I would let you know about a friend and co-worker of mine who was a HUGE Packer fan. Sgt Tom Baitinger was originally from Wisconsin and bled green and yellow. He was a great guy and was very heroic on Jan 24 when he attempted to rescue another friend of mine who had been shot by a scumbag. Both Bait and Yas lost their lives trying to bring the scum to justice on a warrant for stabbing his wife with a sword. I am not a Packers fan persay, ( I'm a Lion fan) but I will be rooting on the Green and Gold this sunday because my friend Tom will not be able to.

I would post links to story, but rules of this forum will not allow me because I have not posted before. If someone would be so kind to post links, I would appreciate it very much. Just search Sgt Tom Baitinger.

OMG, I am sorry for your loss. Please, my condolences to you and his family. If you could, please PM me a link that I can repost for any donations to the family or articles to the story.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Bart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im really sorry to hear about this :( my thought are going to hes family

Lets hope that the Packers can win the SB for him

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will be in my prayers,these days police get no respect,and it is sad that they put their life on the line,families suffer with the loss,and the criminals walk the streets again sorry for the loss and pack will win s.b for all.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a retired Homicide Detective (Los Angeles), now on my second career as a Firefighter/Investigator, I want to send my condolences to his family,friends and loved ones. Tragic news.
RIP

Attachments

• Mourning Band.JPG
    Mourning Band.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 64

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Condolences to you and his family. Tragic news indeed. The world can be a really hard place sometimes, a lot of things simply don't make sense.

R.I.P.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I got this in an email just now

Thank you for the lead to ****. We conversed via email and he advised the
Packers organization was sending a letter to Sgt Baitinger's family. A very
nice gesture indeed. Take care and on this sunday, know that you have a Lions
fan (me) rooting for the Green and Gold.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's things like this that remind us that football is just a game- and we are only separated because we root for different colored laundry for 60 minutes a week.

If the OP read this again:

Please pass on my condolences and gratitude. Such a tragedy is always sad, so much more when it is a person simply doing their job.

GBLady8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such an awful story but a great reminder for all of us to thank those that serve and protect us everyday by putting their lives on the line.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts