1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Police Sgt and huge Packer fan killed in line of duty

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by StPeteLEO, Jan 30, 2011.

1. StPeteLEO

StPeteLEO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all.

Just figured I would let you know about a friend and co-worker of mine who was a HUGE Packer fan. Sgt Tom Baitinger was originally from Wisconsin and bled green and yellow. He was a great guy and was very heroic on Jan 24 when he attempted to rescue another friend of mine who had been shot by a scumbag. Both Bait and Yas lost their lives trying to bring the scum to justice on a warrant for stabbing his wife with a sword. I am not a Packers fan persay, ( I'm a Lion fan) but I will be rooting on the Green and Gold this sunday because my friend Tom will not be able to.

I would post links to story, but rules of this forum will not allow me because I have not posted before. If someone would be so kind to post links, I would appreciate it very much. Just search Sgt Tom Baitinger.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    That is sad. :'(

Sorry for your loss.

Hope the Pack beat the steelers. For everyone that got hurt,or no longer with us.

3. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    great opportunity for me to say thank you for all you guys do!

Hope the Packers can get this win for him!!

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
  5. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Sorry to hear it. That's awful.

Thank you to those who are willing to sacrifice for the benefit of others.

And to those who are willing to put those people to that test i hope you burn in hell.

6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    that's some really tough news, you have my sympathies, hope the Pack can shed a little light for you and his family

7. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    I'm so sorry to hear about this - that is awful! I hope the Packers win it for him!

I assume you're a police officer too...thank you for serving. I am so sorry for your loss.

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    Dear Dick Lebeau,

Please blitz Rodgers as much as possible.

Thank You,

Armand

PS: You will get torched if you do

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Thank you for sharing this with us. You should contact the Green Bay Packers about this. Aaron Popkey might be the person to talk to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Good suggestion. I don't think this fellow police officer will come back to this site though... looks like he just registered to pass the news on.
    Hopefully you can PM him so that he will at least get it via e-mail.

That story breaks my heart, and pisses me off so badly.

I was at a son's BD party today, and the boy's dad happens to also be a sergeant in our local police department.

I'm tired of criminals being loose in society. Watch your next 10 murder stories that occur this week (tomorrow) and notice how many of those 10 killers have already committed serious violent crimes. Who let's these animals back out? They don't get rehabilitated! They're violent & evil. Keep them locked up.

Oh, they're overcrowded? Really? The criminals are "uncomfortable" with the living conditions, so throw them back into society where they can rob, mug, rape, and shoot our sisters and mothers and daughters and brothers?

How about we pack them in like sardines and leave them in there... many good people around the world live in tiny huts with tons of people packed in. Why can't these violent animals with trigger-impulses be kept in similar cramped conditions?

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I sent him email with information...

12. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    yeah this happen close to here it was all over the new. Very sad and I agree with the above poster!

13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Thanks. Hopefully the Packers media people can do something nice for his widow and kids who just lost their father.

It won't bring him back obviously, but anything they can to do pay their respects and as a tribute to a fellow Packer fan like that, will be much appreciated.

Don't you think it would help if all of us contacted this Packers PR person? If you think so, and can, maybe let us know how to get this suggestion to the Packers brass. I hate good people being murdered, and one who is a Packer fan, right before the Super Bowl? I'm furious.

• Like Like x 1
  14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Call the main number

• Like Like x 1
  15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    OMG, I am sorry for your loss. Please, my condolences to you and his family. If you could, please PM me a link that I can repost for any donations to the family or articles to the story.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

16. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Sorry to hear about that!

17. Bart

Bart Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Im really sorry to hear about this :( my thought are going to hes family

Lets hope that the Packers can win the SB for him

18. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Give my condolences to the Families, Friends and the Department.

19. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    They will be in my prayers,these days police get no respect,and it is sad that they put their life on the line,families suffer with the loss,and the criminals walk the streets again sorry for the loss and pack will win s.b for all.

20. BadKarma

BadKarma Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    As a retired Homicide Detective (Los Angeles), now on my second career as a Firefighter/Investigator, I want to send my condolences to his family,friends and loved ones. Tragic news.
    RIP

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Condolences to you and his family. Tragic news indeed. The world can be a really hard place sometimes, a lot of things simply don't make sense.

R.I.P.

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I got this in an email just now

23. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    So sorry to hear that.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

24. Preacher

Preacher Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    It's things like this that remind us that football is just a game- and we are only separated because we root for different colored laundry for 60 minutes a week.

If the OP read this again:

Please pass on my condolences and gratitude. Such a tragedy is always sad, so much more when it is a person simply doing their job.

25. GBLady8

GBLady8 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Such an awful story but a great reminder for all of us to thank those that serve and protect us everyday by putting their lives on the line.