Playoffs

Reaction score
And for as much as I usually hate the Bears, especially living in Illinois, their team seems pretty likable (comparatively anyway) in it's current state.

I know what you mean. Even though Bears-Packers was/is a rivalry, there are a few other teams I don't like a lot more more than the Bears...... Vikings, Seahawks, Cowboys, Falcons to name a few

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my prediction. The Packers have a “triumphant” end to the season going 5-1. End the season 9-6-1. Everything works out perfectly to give the Pack a wildcard spot. The Packers beat up on the Bears, then win a tight game against the Rams on the road. Then the NFC championship, they goto New Oreleans and get demolished. Typical season for the Pack, no?
Bump that! I say we go into enemy territory and beat them should we run into them in the NFC championship! XD

Other than that I like your predictions overall.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
are we rooting for the bears to beat the rest of the division and any other possible WC candidates at this point?

Don't say that too loud, it isn't a popular opinion around here lol

While I want the Packers to win every week, once they are out of the playoffs, I don't get too upset when they lose, since its like an investment for the future with higher picks in each round.

Once the Packers do get eliminated, I am pulling for all the teams below them in the standings to win and I don't care who that team is. Moving on up! Not giving up, but the Packers have had a pretty decent run of it and have been able to do so while consistently drafting late in each round for a lot of years. Few teams have done that besides the Patriots and Steelers. So if this year is a washout, might as well get the highest picks out of it as you can and start building for the future.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are 1 game back in the wild card and play the 6th place team next week.

A wild card birth is absolutely not out of the question. But of course I'd prefer to win the division.

Sounds good.. but the Packers are going to have to win the division. They have already dropped 3 conference games and tied the other.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good.. but the Packers are going to have to win the division. They have already dropped 3 conference games and tied the other.
Conference record won't matter. The only team the Packers could tie with at this point is the Vikings, and that tiebreaker will obviously be decided on Sunday night.

Reaction score
We need to start with 2 in the Win column to have a shot. IF we beat the Vikings we hold the tiebreaker and the Vikings are tied for the 5th toughest remaining schedule while ours is the easiest according to Sunday night football.

For a Wild card.. We desperately need the Panthers to lose to Seattle this week. The Panthers also play the Saints and so we would need at least one more upset on their relatively easy final schedule. This is provided GB can go 5-1 (with MN being a Win) which gives us a realistic shot based on our schedule.

The Cowboys also play the Saints in 2 weeks so we want NO to roll going forward.

As far as the Saints? The best we could hope for is someone upsets them in the playoffs. With us being a 6th seed we better pray we get paired with the Rams. That Saints team looks legit and looks to set a host of Offensive NFL records this next few weeks.

BTW the Bears have a commanding lead and possess the 14th easiest schedule remaining (SNF halftime stat) so everyone expecting them to lose at least 3 or more of the last 6 and hand us the division is dreaming. It’s one thing to for us to control our destiny but asking for a division leader on a hot hand to spiral into a nosedive in conjunction with us stepping on the accelerator is not something I’d be planning around.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We need to start with 2 in the Win column to have a shot. IF we beat the Vikings we hold the tiebreaker and the Vikings are tied for the 5th toughest remaining schedule while ours is the easiest according to Sunday night football.

For a Wild card.. We desperately need the Panthers to lose to Seattle this week. The Panthers also play the Saints and so we would need at least one more upset on their relatively easy final schedule. This is provided GB can go 5-1 which gives us a realistic shot based on our schedule.

The Cowboys also play the Saints in 2 weeks so we want NO to roll going forward.

As far as the Saints? The best we could hope for is someone upsets them in the playoffs. With us being a 6th seed we better pray we get paired with the Rams. That Saints team looks legit and looks to set a host of Offensive NFL records this next few weeks.

Good breakdown OldSchool101. I have been saying also that no one wants a piece of the Saints this year.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For a Wild card.. We desperately need the Panthers to lose to Seattle this week. The Panthers also play the Saints and so we would need at least one more upset on their relatively easy final schedule. This is provided GB can go 5-1 (with MN being a Win) which gives us a realistic shot based on our schedule.

BTW the Bears have a commanding lead and possess the 14th easiest schedule remaining, so everyone expecting them to lose at least 3 or more of the last 6 and hand us the division is in denial.
I agree with most of what you said, other than the possibility of the Bears losing 3 of 6. They have the Rams and Packers back-to-back, which could be 2 losses right there. They would have to drop one game out of the other four that they probably shouldn't. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe Thanksgiving in Detroit on a short week. That would be nice to see! They also play the Vikings again, who could be desperate for a win at the end of the season.

Either way, if the Bears happen to lose Thursday in Detroit, the division is up for grabs based on looking at the schedules.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said, other than the possibility of the Bears losing 3 of 6. They have the Rams and Packers back-to-back, which could be 2 losses right there. They would have to drop one game out of the other four that they probably shouldn't. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe Thanksgiving in Detroit on a short week. That would be nice to see! They also play the Vikings again, who could be desperate for a win at the end of the season.

Either way, if the Bears happen to lose Thursday in Detroit, the division is up for grabs based on looking at the schedules.
The Bears look good right now, but they are far from a sure thing.

You see what the Lions just did to the Panthers...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible the Packers could win out..
IF the "real" team wakes up.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching this Ram team is EXACTLY why I don't fear this team. We can score on this team. I hope we play these guys again in the playoffs if we make it there.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using the ESPN playoff machine, if the Packers win out, they will be in the playoffs. If they lose one game, they still have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs. It looks like we should be rooting for the Panthers to beat the Seahawks this weekend. If the Packers win Sunday night in Minnesota, things will be looking pretty good for the Packers, with their only "tough" game left really being in Chicago. (and losing that game and making the playoffs would still be possible). Obviously a loss in Minnesota means they have to win out to make the playoffs. 9-6-1 is a very realistic playoff record for the Packers. 10-5-1 is guaranteed to make playoffs. 9-6-1 is still fairly likely to be good enough to make playoffs.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big reason that I feel 9-6-1 will be good enough to get in the playoffs is the schedule. A lot of the teams that we are competing with for a playoff spot will be going head-to-head over the rest of the season.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Chicago is putting Trubisky on the shelf this week. I smell blood in the water. This may be the opening we may need. All we need is that opening!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Chicago is putting Trubisky on the shelf this week. I smell blood in the water. This may be the opening we may need. All we need is that opening!
i'd like to think so, but it's Detroit. I know they beat the Panthers, but much of the year they've looked horrible including the last bears game. and now there is no tate, no Jones. Gallowday? They have nothing on offense at all. Maybe the Turkey magic gets them, but it's looking rough. MT isn't the bears, they can run it and shut them down on defense and beat a lot of teams.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd like to think so, but it's Detroit. I know they beat the Panthers, but much of the year they've looked horrible including the last bears game. and now there is no tate, no Jones. Gallowday? They have nothing on offense at all. Maybe the Turkey magic gets them, but it's looking rough. MT isn't the bears, they can run it and shut them down on defense and beat a lot of teams.
Chicago are 2-2 on the road and those victories were against crappy teams, in which they could've easily lost. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't, I get that. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them losing this one. I could see Detroit pulling this one. They defeated us, and The Pats at home.

We got this guys!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago are 2-2 on the road and those victories were against crappy teams, in which they could've easily lost. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't, I get that. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them losing this one. I could see Detroit pulling this one. They defeated us, and The Pats at home.

We got this guys!
I like the way you think better, i'm hoping on board.

Reaction score

Alright Chicago is now 8-3, we need to put this “us winning the division” thing to bed. ;)
That’s by far the most unlikely road to the playoffs, not impossible but highly and extremely unlikely.
Now, Back to our wild card race... We need to beat MN or this season is over for all practical purposes.
Dallas will likely win their division now, so they also likely drop from the wildcard race (which is good because that’s one less in the NFC wild card race because it’s likely we can pass Washington.
we need help from either a Seattle or Carolina loss or both.

Last edited:

Mike Zak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s face reality. With the Bears winning today, I have to agree the Division is not to be had this year. I’m thinking the Packers season record will be 8-7-1... but I would not be disappointed if they were 7-8-1 as it would mean 2 things. MM is gone and you have a brighter future with higher draft choice selections,...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright Chicago is now 8-3, we need to put this “us winning the division” thing to bed. ;)
That’s by far the most unlikely road to the playoffs, not impossible but highly and extremely unlikely.
Now, Back to our wild card race... We need to beat MN or this season is over for all practical purposes.
Dallas will likely win their division now, so they also likely drop from the wildcard race (which is good because that’s one less in the NFC wild card race because it’s likely we can pass Washington.
we need help from either a Seattle or Carolina loss or both.

Still think there's a good chance the bears lose 3 of their next 6. My guess is Rams, packers, and Vikings beat them. Chances of the Packers winning out far less likely right now. But if they can beat the Vikings on the road division game that's how it starts. That could be your galvanizing moment and the beginning of another running of the table

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still calling that they'll lose at least 3-4 games! We got this!

Reaction score
smh
I think our schedule allows us to “sneak” in. Sadly we just got help from the Skins (I don’t like seeing anyone get hurt but especially like that ) because I think we will now pass them up with Colt trying to play King Hundley QB.
Also with Dallas and Chicago in the playoffs winning their divisions it makes for an interesting scenario because I agree that they are both flawed (kinda like us lol). We have an path that allows us in.. but we need time to improve because our team has been struggling to finish games.

Let’s just win 1 game this Sunday night and then we can talk about SB MVP :rolleyes:

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East is showcase in mediocrity. No matter who wins that , they'll be cannon fodder for the rest of teams in playoff's.

Bears have to play Giants and 49ers which would give them 10 wins minimum and I think they'll win the division. So will the Cowboys. That leaves Vikings, Panthers, Hawks and Eagles as our main competition.

Vikes have the toughest schedule in North. They play us, Except for Lions they play against all teams still in hunt (Pats, Hawks, Dolphins and Bears).
Us & Hawks have the easiest run-in's of the lot.