Playoffs

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears still have to play the Rams and Vikings the Patriots....while we have Cardinals and Falcons. It'll come down to division wins. If the Bears pull both over the Vikes, then we have a good change to progress.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being local to Seattle I heard some Seahawks fans trash talk to me about Packers saying goodbye to their playoff chances. Despite the loss we have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Seahawks do. We are only a game behind them and the two toughest games we have are both against division rivals. We win those and there is a better chance that we make the playoffs than the Seahawks do because of how 'weak' our division is this year..

That being said, I realistically just don't expect us to win out and make the playoffs the way they have played so far this season. We are 0-5 on the road with both of the 2 division games on the road. Plus I am pretty sure Rodgers is still not 100% based on how limited he looked scrambling yesterday.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I looked at NFC standing this morning and what I see is a lot of mediocrity. 10 wins should get you in the playoffs. Due to the tie the packers can have 10.5 wins if they win out, which in my opinion would be sufficient to win the division or get a WC spot if either the bears or Vikings get on a roll.

If the Vikings and Bears split, lose to the packers, and each wins the games I think they should (in bold) then the division could end up:

Packers 10-5-1
The Bears (6-3) have the Vikings, Lions, Giants, Rams, Packers, 49ers, Vikings, and end up 10-6. If the Bears sweep the Vikings I think they win the division.
The Vikings (5-3-1) have the Bears, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins, Lions, Bears, and end up 8-7-1
Lions are at 3-6 right and could not win the NFCN if both they and Packers win out.

I think the margin for error is zero for the Packers. I'm still sticking by my prediction of 7-8-1. Not popular but it's how I feel

OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that a fat lady at the Golden Corral?
It happened down at pizza ranch was in there putting in a good sitting when they ran out of cheesy ranch stix, brought the ol doll to tears. Anyway it really got me reminiscing about the good old days at old country buffet with Dom after a tough loss. Damn shame they couldn’t keep the lights on after Lacy left town, that was some good eatin.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Pretty sure Alex Smith just broke his leg, he will be out for the rest of the season. Hate it for Alex Smith, but I don’t see McCoy leading them to the playoffs from this point.

Edit...now Cam Newton has some type of lower leg injury. Looked like a knee.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Alex Smith just broke his leg, he will be out for the rest of the season. Hate it for Alex Smith, but I don’t see McCoy leading them to the playoffs from this point.

Edit...now Cam Newton has some type of lower leg injury. Looked like a knee.
That Alex Smith is bad.. OMG. Ankle is just twisted wrong way

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like we should be rooting for the Vikings tonight against the Bears. The Bears then have a short week with thanksgiving day game in Detroit. The Bears could get 2 quick losses in 4 days time. We can get within one game of the Vikings next weekend, and then the Vikings have two tough back-to-back road games in New England and Seattle. Lots of season left. If the Packers win in Minnesota, there's a great chance for the playoffs.

Reaction score
Vikings Bears on the road GB splits this series by pulling out 1 impressive Win for 1-1 against inter division above .500+ teams. GB needs to beat the Vikings or we will effectively all but lose the wildcard race.

Lions Jets Falcons Cardinals
GB goes either 3-1 or 2-2. My guess is we lose to either the Lions or Falcons and go 3-1 against the grouping.

All roads go through the Vikings. Tonight the best thing that can happen is a Chicago Win over Minnesota and a Saints Win over the Eagles. Then GB has to win next week against MN and we would tie the series at 5-5-1 and hold the tie breaker. The Vikings have a monster schedule playing the Bears (again), Patriots, Seattle, Packers, Lions (who won today) and Miami.
We’d just need a little help with Dallas and Seattle losing a few games a piece.

Last edited:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not even looking at the numbers and the scenarios and the math, but rather looking at how this team performs. Nothing we have seen thus far would suggest that this team is about to go on anything resembling a run. I will be rooting hard and hope that I am wrong, but, top to bottom, there is no reason to be confident that this team will get anything done. They just break your heart over and over with their stupidity, poor coaching, and lack of overall talent. When their best is needed, their worst comes out, the quarterback included. I will watch every game, no doubt, but I will not bring myself to hope for another "Run the Table" scenario. It's just not happening this year.

Reaction score
In my opinion we want the current NFC division leaders stealing as many wins against other teams in the hunt to create a disparity between records. Those are the years when we effectively see an 8-8 type or 8-7-1 type team sneak in the back door.
I know it’s discouraging but we’ve been here before and pulled out of our tailspin. Currently the math does not look good so anyone saying we have a “great chance” is in absolute denial of what we’ve been watching or is smoking something and it ain’t pipe tobacco.
On the bright side, we have lost 3 recent road games against pretty good teams and we’ve been very much in all 3 games. It’s not like we got stomped on either, but while those close losses hurt even more from a subjective view, the objective reality is we absolutely have the talent to put a few wins together and stay very much alive in this race. Once the playoffs come all records are erased and all teams start 0-0.

Once again, IF the Bears beat the Vikings and then the Packers beat them again next week things suddenly get very interesting

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Screw the playoff talk now.

Packers need to win them all. Starting now. They'll find out who has heart going forward and who can be sent packing.

If they stumble into the playoffs...which I wouldn't put my money on, GREAT. If not...well...start weeding out the chaff like fricken NOW.

Notice how Cobb said this year feels different?...and then is inactive? Yeah...

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, IF the Bears beat the Vikings and then the Packers beat them again next week things suddenly get very interesting
Not sure why things wouldn't be "very interesting" with a Vikings win tonight and a Packers win next week. I am rooting for a Vikings win tonight. They have two tough back-to-back road games in NE and Seattle.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not sure why things wouldn't be "very interesting" with a Vikings win tonight and a Packers win next week. I am rooting for a Vikings win tonight. They have two tough back-to-back road games in NE and Seattle.
Not only that, two teams in somewhat desperation mode. New England is desperate to get one of the top 2 seeds to get a bye, and the Seahawks are vying for a playoff spot.

I just hope the Seahawks don’t win too much as that would mean them taking a wild card spot.

H

HardRightEdge

All roads go through the Vikings. Tonight the best thing that can happen is a Chicago Win over Minnesota....
Of course. A wild card is the best hope and the more teams that pull back to the middle the better.

Still, the probability remains low and relies on the generosity of others.

Last edited by a moderator: