Playoffs

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Man we really need the Vikings to find a way to win this game. They gonna fold like a napkin down the stretch.

Reaction score
Not sure why things wouldn't be "very interesting" with a Vikings win tonight and a Packers win next week. I am rooting for a Vikings win tonight. They have two tough back-to-back road games in NE and Seattle.
If the Bears go 6-4 and the Vikings go
6-3-1 our chances of making the playoffs are nilch. Between those 2 one would win the division and the other will be in a group of 5! NFC teams vying for 1 spot. Us having the worst record!!
We would be starting at minimum 1/2 game behind ALL other teams record wise and at least 2 games behind both leaders currently in contention for a wild card. I don’t like those odds!!
The only way your hand wins is IF GB wins out (highly unlikely) and if we do both of us win our scenarios. 1 loss in your scenario and GB is done. Mine gives us more latitude and this team needs a 7,000 foot runway to land!!

Your scenario reminds me of a macro version of the decision of Panthers going for 2 with a couple minutes left and needing an extra point to tie! Even if Riverboat Ron would’ve made it he’s still hadn’t won! There was 2 minutes left and plenty timeouts and a FG wins?! You don’t play those odds when you’ve scored just 19 points ALL day!
It’s a bad call and it better yet it ended the game early.
I’m not interested in ending our season early. I predict the longer We Stay alive the better chance we have to improve. We’re young and need time is our friend.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If the Bears go 6-4 and the Vikings go
6-3-1 our chances of making the playoffs are nilch. Between those 2 one would win the division and the other will get a wildcard spot.
That puts us competing against at least 4 other teams for 1 wild card spot! BTW we would be starting at minimum 1 game behind ALL other teams record wise and at least 2 games behind both leaders currently in contention for a wild card. I don’t like those odds!!
NFL seasons don’t end after 10 games.

Lots of ball left.

Reaction score
NFL seasons don’t end after 10 games.

Lots of ball left.

IMO We’re 5-1 best case and likely 4-2. Your hand will be over if we don’t win out OR go 5-1 and get help from several other teams. I don’t like those odds.
My scenario we’re highly likely in at 5-1 and have close to a 50% chance sneaking in at 4-2. Time is our friend. Not to mention you’re assuming Chicago will lose 3 of their last 6?

So you think we’ll win out then? And Chicago goes .500 these 6 games?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO We’re 5-1 best case and likely 4-2. Your hand will be over if we don’t win out OR go 5-1 and get help from several other teams. I don’t like those odds.
So you think we’ll win out then?
I gotta play the numbers here and say it is likely unless we lose, then it would not be quite as likely.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
My scenario we’re highly likely in at 5-1 and have close to a 50% chance sneaking in at 4-2. Time is our friend. Not to mention you’re assuming Chicago will lose 3 of their last 6?

So you think we’ll win out then?
Well 4-2 ain’t gonna cut it. You have to assume the Packers will go 5-1 or better in any potential playoff scenario. And what I am saying is that the Packers play the Vikings and the Bears again. And they are not going to win out.

Reaction score
Well 4-2 ain’t gonna cut it. You have to assume the Packers will go 5-1 or better in any potential playoff scenario. And what I am saying is that the Packers play the Vikings and the Bears again. And they are not going to win out.
being 9-6-1 likely does NOT win this division. That’s our record if we go 5-1
If that’s the case the Vikings currently hold the #2 wild card. Your scenario would put the Bears at 6-4, the Vikings at 6-3-1 and the Panthers at 6-4.
2 of those 3 are vying for a wild card and that Increases the records of our NFC opponents win record, which by deduction decreases our chances before we even play again.
Not even including in the conversation are the 5-5 teams like Dallas etc..
I understand wanting to win out, we’re both GB fans so its a forgeone conclusion we both want that. But IF we don’t win out it’s becoming more likely we are vying for a wild card.
I don’t care how we get in. I don’t need to win the division I just want to play in the post season and Chicago winning gives us more latitude to do exactly that. I want one thing and one thing only until we get eliminated. That one thing is the highest probable way to the playoffs. Winning our division is clearly not that way and I said that long before the Bears started annhilating MN.
I also don’t like the MN Defense. I think they play dirty and Kendricks is proof of that again just minutes ago. I want the Vikings out. I’d like to play the Bears in the playoffs eventually just to shut them up God willing.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Cousins is the real deal.....I mean the real deal for the Packers and everyone else in the division to see the Vikings sign for so much money. Hadn't watched him play since the Packer-Viking game and meh...how did this guy get paid so much? Of course, the Bears defense had something to do with his poor play. Hate to say it, but if the Bears can get their offense rolling, they are scary good.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lose next week and our season is done. Because Minnesota or Chicago are assured of getting one WC. Then, the likes of Carolina will get the other WC.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the perfect recipe to make it into the playoffs and RUIN Chicago's little Cinderella story. It's there defense that's carrying them. It certainly ain't Trubisky.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This is my prediction. The Packers have a “triumphant” end to the season going 5-1. End the season 9-6-1. Everything works out perfectly to give the Pack a wildcard spot. The Packers beat up on the Bears, then win a tight game against the Rams on the road. Then the NFC championship, they goto New Oreleans and get demolished. Typical season for the Pack, no?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is my prediction. The Packers have a “triumphant” end to the season going 5-1. End the season 9-6-1. Everything works out perfectly to give the Pack a wildcard spot. The Packers beat up on the Bears, then win a tight game against the Rams on the road. Then the NFC championship, they goto New Oreleans and get demolished. Typical season for the Pack, no?

Honestly, your scenario sounds a lot better than what might be more likely to happen, loosing 3 or 4 out of the next 6 and the season ends. I would LOVE 2 playoff games, even if it meant loosing the NFC Championship game to a team that right now, looks far superior to the current Packer team. The only negative of that scenario is picking later in each round, but hey, 2 more Packer games, I will take it!

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Honestly, your scenario sounds a lot better than what might be more likely to happen, loosing 3 or 4 out of the next 6 and the season ends. I would LOVE 2 playoff games, even if it meant loosing the NFC Championship game to a team that right now, looks far superior to the current Packer team. The only negative of that scenario is picking later in each round, but hey, 2 more Packer games, I will take it!
As Packer fans, we have seen this narrative play out before. Is it a stretch? If we win on Sunday night, it is not a stretch at all. I thought it was much more of a stretch that we got to the NFC Championship in 2016. Right now, I think we can beat any team in the NFC, with the exception of the Saints. We were one fumble away from beating the Rams. One bad penalty away from beating the Vikings. One bad decision away from beating Seattle. The NFC wild card is wide open. Alex Smith being out for the season, Panthers have a tough road ahead, hell the Bears have a tough end to the season as well. Win in Minnesota Sunday night and things start looking up.
Though, I do not know if I will be happier about getting to the NFC championship and losing. I want a top 10 draft pick for a solid pass rusher over another heart break. This is why I love this team though. They give you the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. Ready to see Rodgers/Jones/Adams bail us out of the slump though. With the injuries on defense, we need to score 30 points a game for the next 6 weeks to get there. I think it can be done.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, Packers will have to WIN the division for ANY playoff games. They have to beat The
Queens, Lions and The Bears...PERIOD and they haven’t won a single road game..the only game they’ve played four quarters they STILL lost. I’m rooting for the Saints or Rams to win it all since the Slackers will be home watching in January.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As Packer fans, we have seen this narrative play out before. Is it a stretch? If we win on Sunday night, it is not a stretch at all. I thought it was much more of a stretch that we got to the NFC Championship in 2016. Right now, I think we can beat any team in the NFC, with the exception of the Saints. We were one fumble away from beating the Rams. One bad penalty away from beating the Vikings. One bad decision away from beating Seattle. The NFC wild card is wide open. Alex Smith being out for the season, Panthers have a tough road ahead, hell the Bears have a tough end to the season as well. Win in Minnesota Sunday night and things start looking up.
Though, I do not know if I will be happier about getting to the NFC championship and losing. I want a top 10 draft pick for a solid pass rusher over another heart break. This is why I love this team though. They give you the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. Ready to see Rodgers/Jones/Adams bail us out of the slump though. With the injuries on defense, we need to score 30 points a game for the next 6 weeks to get there. I think it can be done.

I appreciate your optimism and sure, the Packers are probably good enough to beat any team in the NFL, on any given Sunday, but the problem is, they haven't been doing that to this point. Close to winning doesn't get you a smaller L in the W/L column. 3 of our last 6 games will be against teams fighting for the playoffs (Vikings, Falcons and Bears) and possibly a 4th (Lions).

I'm holding on to that same sliver of hope that most Packer fans are, that this team will suddenly start firing on all cylinders, but that is the only way they make the playoffs. Playing the way they have the last 10 games isn't going to be good enough and if they loose to the Vikings on Sunday, I think we can stick a fork in the 2018 season.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will root for the team this Sunday, but if they lose I won't be mad at all. We are sitting back at 14th again, instead of being projected at 19th. Another loss could very well put us at 10th in the Draft plus possibly seal McCarthy's fate. A Draft Class where we were sitting at 10th Overall is very enticing.

Last edited:

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are we rooting for the bears to beat the rest of the division and any other possible WC candidates at this point?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all should get used to the Bears being a good team. They're only going to get better.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Again, Packers will have to WIN the division for ANY playoff games. They have to beat The
Queens, Lions and The Bears...PERIOD and they haven’t won a single road game..the only game they’ve played four quarters they STILL lost. I’m rooting for the Saints or Rams to win it all since the Slackers will be home watching in January.
The Packers are 1 game back in the wild card and play the 6th place team next week.

A wild card birth is absolutely not out of the question. But of course I'd prefer to win the division.

Reaction score
I will route for the team this Sunday, but if they lose I won't be mad at all. We are sitting back at 14th again, instead of being projected at 19th. Another loss could very well put us at 10th in the Draft plus possibly seal McCarthy's fate. A Draft Class where we were sitting at 10th Overall is very enticing.

Don't say that too loud, it isn't a popular opinion around here lol

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Man, it would be nice to get those two additional games but if they save MM's job for another year then those two extra games are the equivalent of wasting 16 more the following year....it's the NFL equivalent of a pay-day loan.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all should get used to the Bears being a good team. They're only going to get better.

And for as much as I usually hate the Bears, especially living in Illinois, their team seems pretty likable (comparatively anyway) in it's current state.