1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett to get contract extention

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Jan 8, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
  2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Why? He's a halfway decent player and all, but we have B.J. Raji now.

I'm growing more and more pissed with the lack of action regarding Collins. If Thompson lets a legit Pro Bowler and one of the best ballhawking safeties in the league leave i'll lead the riot. Grab your pitchforks, boys.

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I think that it has to do with jolly's legal troubles. If he is convicted then we'll need someone to replace him. The way i see it raji will move to DE and pickett continues at NT.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    congrats to Pickett :D

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Collins will be a restricted free agent next year. He won't be going anywhere.

6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Still, it'd be nice to reward him for what he's done the last two years. I figured that last year's performance wasn't enough to warrant a big contract but now he's repeated the performance and has earned it. Be nice to wrap him up.

As for Pickett ... I think he's earned it too....but the Milwaukee Journal yesterday only had the Pickett camp in discussions.

7. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I am sure TT is going after players he thinks he can get signed easily. For Collins the longer he waits, he grabs a INT or two in the playoffs, the more money he will command.

8. Cincinnati Cheesehead

Cincinnati Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I think Collins will get what he deserves. He is a monster. McCarthy knows it. Capers knows it. We know it.

9. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I hope he does grab a few INTs in the playoffs!

I hope they get a deal done. Pickett said that his agent and the packers had been talking for 3 weeks. I hope the same is true with Collins as we havent heard much from him since Chillar was signed.

10. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Much like Pickett, there may be a negotiation going on that we don't hear about until the offer is made. And of course, there's a chance Collins and his agent may want to test the waters first, as opposed to the Packers neglecting an offer. We'll see.

11. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Excellent point, it is not all about TT, Collins may be unwilling to talk right now. If I were Collins I would wait until the season was over. A super bowl starting safty will command a much higher price tag. Whatever TT will offer now will be the same if they are one and done, Collins won't lose any mony IMO, just can only go up.

12. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Interesting strategy on Collins' part. If he does continue his playmaking abilities in the postseason he may make an argument to become the highest paid safety in the Nfl.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    For those of you who don't know, it's pretty simple:

We learned last season what happens when you don't have DL depth.

This is a great move by the Packers, with our without Raji.

Now, if only Jarius Wynn and Justin Harrell could contribute, this DL would be awesome...

14. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Jarius Wynn isn't so bad. He made a couple of plays in the preseason but hasn't really done anything at this point because we hardly sub him in. Give him time he will be good. By the way I though Dean Muhtadi was pretty good, why did we cut him?

15. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Hip, hip, hooray!!!

16. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Great - now what about an aged and fledgling O-line? Too much to ask for an infusion of talent to the most important position second only to QB???