Pickett to get contract extention

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Why? He's a halfway decent player and all, but we have B.J. Raji now.

I'm growing more and more pissed with the lack of action regarding Collins. If Thompson lets a legit Pro Bowler and one of the best ballhawking safeties in the league leave i'll lead the riot. Grab your pitchforks, boys.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that it has to do with jolly's legal troubles. If he is convicted then we'll need someone to replace him. The way i see it raji will move to DE and pickett continues at NT.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? He's a halfway decent player and all, but we have B.J. Raji now.

I'm growing more and more pissed with the lack of action regarding Collins. If Thompson lets a legit Pro Bowler and one of the best ballhawking safeties in the league leave i'll lead the riot. Grab your pitchforks, boys.
Collins will be a restricted free agent next year. He won't be going anywhere.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Still, it'd be nice to reward him for what he's done the last two years. I figured that last year's performance wasn't enough to warrant a big contract but now he's repeated the performance and has earned it. Be nice to wrap him up.

As for Pickett ... I think he's earned it too....but the Milwaukee Journal yesterday only had the Pickett camp in discussions.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure TT is going after players he thinks he can get signed easily. For Collins the longer he waits, he grabs a INT or two in the playoffs, the more money he will command.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure TT is going after players he thinks he can get signed easily. For Collins the longer he waits, he grabs a INT or two in the playoffs, the more money he will command.

I hope he does grab a few INTs in the playoffs!

I hope they get a deal done. Pickett said that his agent and the packers had been talking for 3 weeks. I hope the same is true with Collins as we havent heard much from him since Chillar was signed.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like Pickett, there may be a negotiation going on that we don't hear about until the offer is made. And of course, there's a chance Collins and his agent may want to test the waters first, as opposed to the Packers neglecting an offer. We'll see.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like Pickett, there may be a negotiation going on that we don't hear about until the offer is made. And of course, there's a chance Collins and his agent may want to test the waters first, as opposed to the Packers neglecting an offer. We'll see.

Excellent point, it is not all about TT, Collins may be unwilling to talk right now. If I were Collins I would wait until the season was over. A super bowl starting safty will command a much higher price tag. Whatever TT will offer now will be the same if they are one and done, Collins won't lose any mony IMO, just can only go up.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting strategy on Collins' part. If he does continue his playmaking abilities in the postseason he may make an argument to become the highest paid safety in the Nfl.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, it's pretty simple:

We learned last season what happens when you don't have DL depth.

This is a great move by the Packers, with our without Raji.

Now, if only Jarius Wynn and Justin Harrell could contribute, this DL would be awesome...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarius Wynn isn't so bad. He made a couple of plays in the preseason but hasn't really done anything at this point because we hardly sub him in. Give him time he will be good. By the way I though Dean Muhtadi was pretty good, why did we cut him?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, it's pretty simple:

We learned last season what happens when you don't have DL depth.

This is a great move by the Packers, with our without Raji.

Now, if only Jarius Wynn and Justin Harrell could contribute, this DL would be awesome...

Great - now what about an aged and fledgling O-line? Too much to ask for an infusion of talent to the most important position second only to QB???