Peter King's MVP Watch this week

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Someone interesting made his debut on the list this week.

1. Tom Brady, QB, New England. Stacked below Wes Welker on the Patriots receiver leaderboard, Brady's next five favorite targets this year didn't play with him last year: Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Tate, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski. The quarterback has to be pretty valuable in that case, and Brady's 65-percent first half of the season, with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions, proves him most valuable.
2. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis. As usual, think of the two-loss Colts with Curtis Painter playing. I rest my case.
3. Haloti Ngata, DT, Baltimore. Played like the best defensive player in football in the first half of the season.
4. Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay. Just watching the Packers shut out the Jets, and seeing Matthews playing with such ferocity for four quarters, I thought he deserved a spot on this list -- as much for leadership and top defensive play as anything else.
5. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego. No quarterback through eight games has thrown for as many yards as Rivers has in his first eight this year (2,649). It's tough putting the quarterback of a 3-5 team on this list, but Rivers has kept the Chargers afloat and within a prayer of surviving this awful start.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...monday-morning-qb-week-8/3.html#ixzz143SnDzjS

Let the Clay 4 MVP chants start now. If he keeps this up, he's most definitely one of the NFL's most valuable players.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Jess! Dudes in his 2nd year and he's already on the list?!!!! Congrats to CM3! He's gonna break Reggie's record, I just know it!!! I honestly think Reggie would be proud too!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Jess! Dudes in his 2nd year and he's already on the list?!!!! Congrats to CM3! He's gonna break Reggie's record, I just know it!!! I honestly think Reggie would be proud too!

what is Reggie's record?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is Reggie's record?

Voted to a NFL record 12th straight Pro Bowl

Second all-time NFL leader in sacks (Clay would actually be breaking Micheal Strahan of the NY Giants).

Fastest player in league history to record 100 career sacks

Tied for the most career sacks in NFL postseason history

Collected a franchise-record 124 sacks in only 121 games with the Eagles from 1985-92. Also posted the most sacks in Packers history, 68, from 1993-98.

Two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1987, 1998).

Just to name a few! I'm not saying he's gonna smash up all of these, but you asked for some of records. :)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Voted to a NFL record 12th straight Pro Bowl

Second all-time NFL leader in sacks (Clay would actually be breaking Micheal Strahan of the NY Giants).

Strahan has season record, Bruce Smith has all time sack record.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think there is a clear cut leader for mvp in the nfl right now. Brady has good stats but not great. Clay could win it if he has can string together a couple games of 3+ sacks. Its been awhile since we have had a defensive MVP.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO Umeniora is the defensive MVP so far.

Yes, Clay has 9.5 sacks to Umeniora's 8. But the guy has 7 Forced Fumbles to Clay's 1, and one game less...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants D-line has been resurrected.
Yet I don't fear them at all. Their passing O is way overrated, so is their running game. And their D can definitely be beaten. Yes, their DL is tremenduous at getting to the QB. But their secondary is shaky, and their LB corps is weak.

Not by us, though. Our O can't beat anyone right now.