1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers vs Giants

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,043
    I have to. Someone said "I do" [two diamonds later]

2. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191

I've got a baaaad feeling about this one, too! I'll be glad to scarf up a bowl of crow if I'm wrong, though.

3. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +235
    People....they beat minnesota, philly and oakland. It's not like they're out there beating great teams to death. If Tolzien doesn't get injured in the first series (and maybe if he does) we'll win this one. It matters if you can construct a game plan for a QB and have his around long enough to execute it. Also, the giants don't have a Shifty McCoy and have the worst oline in the league.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +251
    It's Philly again except the location and the team colors will be different. Like last week the injury depleted Packers draw an NFC East opponent with a losing record but still alive in a weak division and starting to get its act together. The Eagles had gotten wins on teams with losing records and so have the Giants lately but, since Aaron Rodgers' injury, the Packers are now a losing team (0-2).

Tolzein did well last week and should gain from a full week of prep as the starter. But the Giants now also have full game film on him to study in theirs.

The defense's lack of pash rush, tackling skill, communication, gap control and assignment surety, and inability to get turnovers will likely be on display again. For all their problems on offense New York still has Eli Manning,Cruz and Nicks and some other receivers who will keep moving the chains and striking at least a couple of times for explosive plays.

Jason Pierre-Paul has a history of big rushing games against our quarterback so watch out for him on Sunday.

I'm not expecting the Packers to win this one but will hope to see some semblance of a playoff caliber team even without its star leader. Another loss will drop the Pack to .500 but the critical game to win before ARod returns will be Minnesota next week. We should probably concede Thanksgiving Day and the division to Detroit sans Rodgers but if he comes back by Atlanta for the full month of December the Packers could roll up a 10-6 record and maybe get in with some help. They won't, though, win on any tiebreakers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    For me it will be raw eggplant.

6. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +337
    MM scraps the Lacy Starks combo in favor of a true thunder and lightning rushing attack of Lacy/Franklin. Tolzien puts up a solid performance and Green Bay wins this by 10.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Maybe that could be to our advantage.
    The game film they are watching is the "practice squad" Tolzien.
    Perhaps he will have some surprises that they will not expect after more time to prepare.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    That would be sweet to see the star QB and the Giants getting owned at home by the table scraps of GB.

9. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +337
    Yes and becomes more believable with hot apple cider and a generous helping of Crown Royal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +815
    I think the chances are good. We haven't had many picks but at the rate Eli likes to throw them, I would expect a couple of them. I also think they'll struggle against Lacy, and Tolzien should be just good enough to exploit a lot of single coverage. I'm gonna say...

Packers 27
    Giants 20

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    The wrecking ball on Clay Matthews arm has been removed and he will wear a modified cast which should have his fingers free.
    Go get 'em Clay!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bignutz

Bignutz I'm a victim of coicumstances!

Ratings:
    +49
    I think we have a chance at this one!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    A chance at what? Losing? Yeah, I'll go along with that.

LOL
    Really though, we always have a chance.
    This just happens to be a very, very slim one.

14. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Most of the betting lines have the NYG favored by 4.5 points.......that is starting to get into the mid sized spread, not good.

15. ls1bob

ls1bob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    I think the Pack can do it. Packers-24 Giants-22

16. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    the line doesn't mean sh*t....what was the line on all of the games last week? f the line, f the spread, f the giants. packers win this one. im calling it. now get ready to eat some crow haters/doubters.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    NYGs lately have our # but they started 0-6. I expect 7 or 8 in a box & force Tolzien to beat them

18. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Indy was favored by 7 last week...how did that work out?

19. Eagles Guy

Eagles Guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You guys will demolish the Giants, they are so bad it's not even funny... If Tolzien throws the ball as good as he did against the Eagles the Packers will win by double digits, just depends how many.

When the Eagles played them last time, Matt Barkley played his first game in the NFL and just couldn't complete a drive even though he drove the down the field effectively. The Eagles gave them every opportunity to score and all they could get were 5 field goals.

I thought Tolzien was unbelievable against the Eagles and we were just lucky to win..

I don't know what's going to happen in the off season, but from what I saw of Tolzien I imagine there's going to be a lot teams making offers for him. I wish the Eagles would make an offer for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I'll get a better feel for this game after it's over.

Until then, Go Pack!

21. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I'm not even going to wager a guess the way our luck has been going. I'm just going to sit here and keep praying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I appreciate your kind thoughts.
    And also for not being a troll and rubbing it in how your team beat ours.
    Your post is filled with class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Defense92

Defense92 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +74
    Packers 23
    Giants 17

24. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    You know, it's a given that if the same tackling and defensive execution shows up as has been evidenced the last two weeks ... well, actually in all 4 losses - the Cincy debacle in particular ... this is going to be a disaster.

#10 for the Giants has sort of opened a mail order business for tossing balls to opposing defenses this season, but our DB's have been essentially refusing delivery. Could this be one of those games where both teams seem to refuse victory? Sheesh, I don't know what to expect except that my expectations are not set too high.

On that note ... I'm betting that McCarthy RUNS hard and often at the center of the Giants D-line, trying to control the clock and keep the scoring low in an attempt to keep our defense off of the field - Did you note that I did not say, "Keep their offense off of the field"? Never for one minute forget that the Giants are still the Giants and have a way of making the Packers look absolutely, positively stupid.

I'm hoping that McCarthy and Capers are taking this game PERSONALLY because they have been consistently out-schemed and out-coached by Coughlin and his staff over the years...ever since the complete wiping the Pack laid on the Giants a number of years back.

25. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Can I add quickly that I am a fan of Mike McCarthy? I don't feel as though I'm slamming McCarthy as much as just making a casual observation.