Packers vs Eagles Pregame Chit chat thread: Thanksgiving week edition

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow post been with family this past week.

I hope yall had a good thanksgiving.
No need to apologize about being with family. That's where life is at. Happy Thanksgiving back at you!

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roger that. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

It won't surprise me if we beat the Eagles.
It won't surprise me if Eagles beat us.

It won't surprise me if we beat Eagles derisively.
It won't surprise me if Eagles walk all over us either.

That's about how I feel about this game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'll be in bed reading early tonight. Then again, under-performing, sub-par and/or undisciplined teams have an odd way of playing up or down to the competition.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roger that. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

It won't surprise me if we beat the Eagles.
It won't surprise me if Eagles beat us.

It won't surprise me if we beat Eagles derisively.
It won't surprise me if Eagles walk all over us either.

That's about how I feel about this game.
It would surprise me big time if we beat the Eagles tonight. I just hope we are not embarrassed and nobody gets seriously injured.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR needs to check out of pass plays when necessary. I look forward to RB's gashing Philly and controlling the clock. A few successful down field passes keep their D off balance & less aggressive than they desire. Walker spying Hurts takes away his running as an option, Eagles offense sputters. GB 27 - Eagles 20.

Reaction score
I am convinced we could be a winning team....If we play the Houston Texans every week.
Yes. There’s something to be said for your schedule. When you look across the Divisions GB has played? It’s not exactly been a friendly Schedule.

Leader AFC South
Leader NFC South
NFC East (all 4 w/winning records)
AFC East (all 4 w/winning records)

Potentially, The only team outside our Division that will have a losing record is the LA Rams and Bucs (who lead their Division).

It sounds crazy but as bad as we’ve looked, had we won just 1 of those 5 consecutive losses we’d be 5-6 and playing for a .500 record (6-6) and very much playoff alive. From a strength rating perspective, We’re probably really a 5-6 or 6-5 type strength team with a 4-7 record due to a brutal schedule.

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. There’s something to be said for your schedule. When you look across the Divisions GB has played? It’s not exactly been a friendly Schedule.

Leader AFC South
Leader NFC South
NFC East (all 4 w/winning records)
AFC East (all 4 w/winning records)

Potentially, The only team outside our Division that will have a losing record is the LA Rams and Bucs (who lead their Division).

It sounds crazy but as bad as we’ve looked, had we won just 1 of those 5 consecutive losses we’d be 5-6 and playing for a .500 record (6-6) and very much playoff alive. From a strength rating perspective, We’re probably really a 5-6 or 6-5 type strength team with a 4-7 record due to a brutal schedule.
Eh..... no excuses

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That didn't age well at all ;)
Every defense spies Hurts just as they did Michael Vick years ago. Not many have been successful especially when he has so much talent around him. Hurts could be the MVP this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Every defense spies Hurts just as they did Michael Vick years ago. Not many have been successful especially when he has so much talent around him. Hurts could be the MVP this year.

Hurts had averaged 44 rushing yards per game entering the contest vs. the Packers. Other teams have had way more success containing him than the Packers did on Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just not that hard to play QB when you have 30 yards of open field in front of you to run on the off chance you haven't been able to find a receiver running wide open down the field to throw to. Sprinkle in a 6-7 yards a pop running the ball, what's left to ask for offensively?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just not that hard to play QB when you have 30 yards of open field in front of you to run on the off chance you haven't been able to find a receiver running wide open down the field to throw to. Sprinkle in a 6-7 yards a pop running the ball, what's left to ask for offensively?
What’s left to ask for? How about open receivers and plenty of time to throw unpressured? Yes, I would say they had that going for them too. I honestly couldn’t have imagined a worse looking defense. It wasn’t like versus the Titans where they sold out to contain the run but at least managed that to a degree.

We’ve made every QB we’ve faced look like MVP material, with perhaps the exception of Fields in week 2, and at this point I dread Sunday’s game when he gets a second chance.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and we faced a number of backups to backups this year as well. They all seemed to play pretty well, so not to take anything away from them, but those are games when a good defense should just shut them down. We seemed to let them all flourish.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts