Packers V Lions Game Thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don’t know exactly what it is or why but to me it kind of has the feeling of a coaching staff that’s lost the locker room. Doesn’t seem like the coaches have any answers and I’m not sure the players have any belief in any answers they might be able to provide at this point.
Like I said before the game, this team doesn't know how to react to losing and it is snowballing. There will be more finger pointing and excuses this week, as they wait for the Mike McCarthy coached Cowboys to come to Lambeau seeking revenge.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible play and game clock Management by both MLF and Rodgers. All Day long, breaking the huddle with 10 seconds on play clock and barely getting each snap off. No time for Rodgers to assess defense or audible out of plays. 2 scores down and the Packers play with zero urgency. Packers on defense with 2:35 left in game and MLF doest use a timeout?

This team looks so lifeless and disorganized, even the veterans.
Absolutely. We were in a position to win but still with some urgency there would be a chance for another possession if needed. I 100% agree with you and will add that LaPew just does not have good game awareness in many areas. Whereas Rodgers, I think, just thinks he is too good and does not think in terms of what if we don't make it? Which he should.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Absolutely. We were in a position to win but still with some urgency there would be a chance for another possession if needed. I 100% agree with you and will add that LaPew just does not have good game awareness in many areas. Whereas Rodgers, I think, just thinks he is too good and does not think in terms of what if we don't make it? Which he should.
We were only in a position to win it, because of the stop at the 2 minute warning. The Packers have been down by 2 or more scores in the 4th Q a few times this year and it's always the same...slow to break huddle, barely getting the snap off and always looking rushed.

Something isn't right when you have a QB that is an 18 year vet and he's running the play clock down to zero on almost every play, when playing from way behind.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I understood them just fine.. Don‘t ever think you’re that clever.
My points aren't clever. Ride your best weapons. Our best weapons aren't the WR's. Only have 1 or 2 on the field. Run the d@mn ball, put Jones in motion and utilize all his skills. Nothing clever about it.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said before the game, this team doesn't know how to react to losing and it is snowballing. There will be more finger pointing and excuses this week, as they wait for the Mike McCarthy coached Cowboys to come to Lambeau seeking revenge.
A McCarthy coached team coming off of a bye!! His teams have played pretty well coming off of bye.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
BEST thing we did is stand pat at the trade deadline. One player would not fix this team
Agree. Stupid mistakes being made all over the place. The entire roster is in on this mess. Jones may be the lone exception

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• C140E5D3-086D-41E1-B972-7568140C09C4.jpeg
    C140E5D3-086D-41E1-B972-7568140C09C4.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 2BCBE566-D438-4347-91E5-C757174B200D.jpeg
    2BCBE566-D438-4347-91E5-C757174B200D.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 63

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My points aren't clever. Ride your best weapons. Our best weapons aren't the WR's. Only have 1 or 2 on the field. Run the d@mn ball, put Jones in motion and utilize all his skills. Nothing clever about it.
I understood that … and even agree with it. But the original choice was between getting rid of the QB or Firing the GM/ coach. The reality is that either of those choices is pretty much just throwing in the towel… and at this point I dont really care which one they do. If you want to believe that just running the ball for the rest of the season will somehow be better… ok.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While still not officially eliminated, our season is over when the regular season ends.

Lots of guys can earn jobs going forward. I don’t think they bench Rodgers for Love, but at this point I’m not going to be surprised to see him start getting some real playing time with the playoffs out of the picture.

If they do that, I prefer they don’t just run the ball to run the ball. I’d love can’t run an offense, I want to know. I wouldn’t want them to put more miles in Jones and Dillon to protect Love.

Running 60% of the time might win a game here and there but is not the patch to success over a season in this league either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I understood that … and even agree with it. But the original choice was between getting rid of the QB or Firing the GM/ coach. The reality is that either of those choices is pretty much just throwing in the towel… and at this point I dont really care which one they do. If you want to believe that just running the ball for the rest of the season will somehow be better… ok.
Kc 2 years ago? Jones had 10 catches

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He said, fire the gm and the coaches. My point was, you can't fire all the coaches when you have a game in 7 days. We don't know what effect a new QB would have. Worked pretty well for Dallas and Washington.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jets beat buffalo
I made comment that jets might be very good …Along with giants

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can see they’re a young and up coming team that’s playing hard. They’re going to win games. That said, both were games we still should have won.

We’re finding ways to lose against all these teams.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Seems like MLF let Rodgers bail him out of most of the blame today, but it won’t work, it’s a clean 50-50 btwn the 2, missing a pass to Bak, and not using him as a lead back at the 1 yd line, yuk!

Members online

Latest posts