Packers V Lions Game Thread

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week is looking really ugly.
Haven't even had the lead in two straight games.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is going to tie or exceed it's lost total for the last three seasons combined. Didn't see that coming.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Terrible play calling down the stretch by MLF poor execution by Rodgers, their going over their excuse sheet now
“Chuck it deep” seems to be LeFleur’s and Rodgers only play on their sheet at times. Strange to make it all the way to the NFL and see them resort to such a strategy.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a house cleaning is required. Obviously some bad breaks today, but overall there's no excuse for an effort like that. Losing five games in a row. Unacceptable. A team that is 3-6 and very easily could be 1-8. Unacceptable. Blown assignments again and again. Unacceptable. Back-breaking penalties again and again. Unacceptable.

The players deserve their share of blame but you can't fire them all. So you fire the coaches. And Gute.

Overreaction? If they can't beat the Lions who exactly can they beat?
If you fire the GM and the coaches, who coaches the team next week? Why not just replace the QB and run the ball on 60% of your offensive snaps?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at Seattle doing well WITHOUT an “MVP” QB, sitting on all those draft picks - the saddest song of all, is Ah What Might Have Been

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroi's D saved all this season's vigor and gusto for today's game.

But 3-6 is a tad better than 2-6.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible play calling down the stretch by MLF poor execution by Rodgers, their going over their excuse sheet now
I'm not even going to watch anything they say in the press conferences. This was the statistically worst scoring defense in the NFL, then we played them. Every week, it get worse for all GB fans. What a bad joke this team is shaping up to be. From a 13 win team to, this. I knew it wasn't going to last, but damn, they are getting worse week after week...

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you fire the GM and the coaches, who coaches the team next week? Why not just replace the QB and run the ball on 60% of your offensive snaps?
I don't really care who coaches them next week. It doesn't matter. They're out of it.

I'd be willing to replace Rodgers if we had anybody else who could do better. Love -- the wasted first round pick -- would do even worse.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at Seattle doing well WITHOUT an “MVP” QB, sitting on all those draft picks - the saddest song of all, is Ah What Might Have Been

Five teams have higher cap allocations to their quarterback than the Packers, including the titans, chiefs, and Vikings at 1 2 and 3.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Terrible play and game clock Management by both MLF and Rodgers. All Day long, breaking the huddle with 10 seconds on play clock and barely getting each snap off. No time for Rodgers to assess defense or audible out of plays. 2 scores down and the Packers play with zero urgency. Packers on defense with 2:35 left in game and MLF doest use a timeout?

This team looks so lifeless and disorganized, even the veterans.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing we chose to sit pat at the trade deadline. In Gute We Trust!!!
(I’m sure someone will come back and say something of the effect to “trading for a WR wouldn’t save our season” or whatever so I should clarify and say that I’m not suggesting we had to be buyers. I’ve said it before: either maximize your current window or start making moves to maximize your future window. To do absolutely nothing is management malpractice.)

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team looks so lifeless and disorganized, even the veterans.
I don’t know exactly what it is or why but to me it kind of has the feeling of a coaching staff that’s lost the locker room. Doesn’t seem like the coaches have any answers and I’m not sure the players have any belief in any answers they might be able to provide at this point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t really care for the last set of plays but after seeing game turning ticky tack **** go against us every week, to see Lazard get absolutely manhandled out of bounds and see no flag irked me more than a little.

Should have been a new set of downs right there. And the last pass looked bad, but again, Sammy has outside leverage and instead of breaking out, he decides to try and fight back to the inside? WTF? They just aren’t close to the same page but those reads seem like they should be easy?

But we find new ways to lose every week. This week was the worst yet. I’m afraid for what’s next. This should have been a 2 score win if we just play a clean game. But we always have to sprinkle some pretty bad play on top of some pretty bad penalties in bad spots every game to make sure we stay down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup

Now we have all that salary to pay him and nothing to help with

This is what people wanted?

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

Members online