Packers to sign Za'darius Smith

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brandon, you keep bringing up Dorsey. What has he done exactly?

Really? I will post it one more time and that's it.

He took the Chiefs from losers to a playoff team in one year.

He went into a perennial loser situation in Cleveland and has them now as contenders.

He was responsible for both the aquisition of Baker Mayfield and Pattrick Mahommes-.

He wanted to be responsible for the Packers drafting Terrell Davis when in Green Bay but got shut down.

The list goes on and on. Make no mistake that if the Packers had Dorsey the last 5 years we would have multiple Lombardi's In that time.

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I will post it one more time and that's it.

He took the Chiefs fomr losers to a playoff team in one year.

He went into a perennial loser situation in Cleveland and has them now as contenders.

He was responsible for both the aquisition of Baker Mayfield and Pattrick Mahommes-.

He wanted to be responsible for the Packers drafting Terrell Davis when in Green Bay but got shut down.

The list goes on and on. Make no mistake that if the Packers had Dorsey the last 5 years we would have multiple Lombardi's In that time.
you had me until the last sentence. maybe one...maybe. everything is spot on.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
you had me until the last sentence. maybe one...maybe. everything is spot on.

Guaranteeing Super Bowl wins is tough I agree but i'm just tired of people thinking all Dorsey does is go after woman abusers and criminals because it simply isnt true.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't get this signing AT ALL, except that he's YOUNG and looks the part... He is WAYYYYY overpaid

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Parent's? I don't think so. Though we did have our share of beer in the house so they were not that straight laced.

"Mom, why is the sauerkraut pink?" "Shut up and go find a bandaid"
It was a bit meaty

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't get this signing AT ALL, except that he's YOUNG and looks the part... He is WAYYYYY overpaid
well...it's a position of need, he's a player on the up, he's durable (oops...did i say that out loud?), he's young and has a high motor. maybe overpaid but they're in win-now mode. it's not a contract they can't get out from under if need be. it gives them flexibility in the draft.

Reaction score
My parents used to make their own sauerkraut. I loved sneaking tastes from the 5 gallon crock they kept in the pantry while it rotted, I mean fermented. Gave the whole house kind of a bad smell though so they started putting it in jars right away.
My Mother was s big fan of cabbage. During the summer she would cook up a batch to make soup, cabbage n carrots, Kraut n pork etc.. which we would eat on over several days. She would have the window open.
As a teenager in the early 1980’s my friend showed me how to catch flies as they would be all over the outside window screen as the cabbage aroma attracted them like a giant turd. Lol.
My record is seven flies with one scoop of the hand. True story. Looks really strange when you come in the house and open your hand for someone and a group of flies all come scattering out of your palm!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pfff, I'm not British. Nobody drinks lukewarm beer here in Austria.

Oh! How bout a shrimp on the barbie then?!

I'm hoping you've seen Dumb and Dumber.

Were you born in Austria? I'd love to go there someday. I still have family living in the Netherlands, someday I'll visit.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guaranteeing Super Bowl wins is tough I agree but i'm just tired of people thinking all Dorsey does is go after woman abusers and criminals because it simply isnt true.

Not for you it isn't. Dorsey would have guaranteed us a couple. Antonio Brown would guarantee us at least one. How many are we going to win if we draft Campbell? that seems to be the only one you haven't guaranteed yet.

My Mother was s big fan of cabbage. During the summer she would cook up a batch to make soup, cabbage n carrots, Kraut n pork etc.. which we would eat on over several days. She would have the window open.
As a teenager in the early 1980’s my friend showed me how to catch flies as they would be all over the outside window screen as the cabbage aroma attracted them like a giant turd. Lol.
My record is seven flies with one scoop of the hand. True story. Looks really strange when you come in the house and open your hand for someone and a group of flies all come scattering out of your palm!

7 in one? You sure you are not Mickey Mouse.

I spent 2 days in Innsbruck in ‘99. I don’t remember warm beer.

Maybe you shouldn't have drunk so much of it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was drying out from my time in Garmisch, Germany. Just drank enough to keep my seals from cracking for a day for a bit.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Let's not ;)

Were you born in Austria? I'd love to go there someday. I still have family living in the Netherlands, someday I'll visit.

Yeah, I was born in Austria and have been living here for most of my life. You should definitely visit when you have the chance to, it's a beautiful country.

And we have great beer ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's not ;)

Yeah, I was born in Austria and have been living here for most of my life. You should definitely visit when you have the chance to, it's a beautiful country.

And we have great beer ;)

You should have added "Free" between the words great and beer, might have shut down most of the forum for a few days during the travel period. ;)

Back to the thread though, this article didn't surprise me. Gute had very good insider information on the type of player the Packers were getting in Z Smith. Probably the same thing could be said about Preston Smith, who the Packers new ILB coach, Kirk Olivadotti spent plenty of time with while in Washington.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...ec-helped-lead-packers-to-olb-zadarius-smith/

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm hoping you've seen Dumb and Dumber.

How cool, like direct family? You should definitely visit NL too, the old cities are pretty special! Obviously I'm not biased at all as a Dutchmen myself. Dont go there for nature though, or beer. Then Austria seems like the better choice

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How cool, like direct family? You should definitely visit NL too, the old cities are pretty special! Obviously I'm not biased at all as a Dutchmen myself. Dont go there for nature though, or beer. Then Austria seems like the better choice
Holland is only good for one thing

canals

(or two)and Edgar Davids

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holland is only good for one thing

canals

(or two)and Edgar Davids
you got to give us a little more credit than that mate. Cheese (I chuckled when I came to the "dairy state" Wisconsin as an exchange student - We are the dairy country!), biking. I'd like to name a few more things but Im not sure how forum appropriate they are

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's see...it would be my parents cousins and their respective families from there. We had a couple of them live with us for a summer quite a few years ago, so we still keep in touch with them well.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you got to give us a little more credit than that mate. Cheese (I chuckled when I came to the "dairy state" Wisconsin as an exchange student - We are the dairy country!), biking. I'd like to name a few more things but Im not sure how forum appropriate they are
true, there is quite a bit of dutch cheese, but for me are a bit mild(gouda/edam)

my dad was actually in hamsterjam just over a week ago, he managed to visit a couple places my mum didn't want to go to hen they had visited a few years ago

but Edgar Davids man, he was a beast

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see...it would be my parents cousins and their respective families from there. We had a couple of them live with us for a summer quite a few years ago, so we still keep in touch with them well.
Thats pretty awesome, I did hear that a lot of people of Wisconsin had Dutch heritage, yet during my time there I never did meet anyone who was.

true, there is quite a bit of dutch cheese, but for me are a bit mild(gouda/edam)

my dad was actually in hamsterjam just over a week ago, he managed to visit a couple places my mum didn't want to go to hen they had visited a few years ago

but Edgar Davids man, he was a beast
True, I had the pleasure of witnessing a few more dutch beasts though in our Oranje!

I Hope your dad had fun! I think I know the kind of places you are talking about. Lets just say that I do not wish to post any more messages after this one ;)

Members online

Latest posts