Packers to play Colts in HOF game

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good: They'll open camp earlier than normal and will play the first preseason game.
Bad: They'll play an extra preseason game.

Larry 3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what Aaron has to say about the game according to his twitter account:

"how excited are you for the hall of fame game?"
-Fan question

"A 5th preseason game?! #stoked"
-AR

Aka, Aaron is not happy about it.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL probably has the least number of games per season across most (if not all) major sports. One extra game should not be that much of a inconvenience.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL probably has the least number of games per season across most (if not all) major sports. One extra game should not be that much of a inconvenience.

until your star player goes down for the year in that one extra game.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to f-up the entire camp schedule!!! I will have to run in the 5K a week earlier now.

I don't think I would let a single guy with 53 man roster experience play. 5 garbage pre-season games is ridiculous.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years back (more than a few), the NFL had six pre-season games and a fourteen game regular season schedule. Somebody figured out that was dumb.

Not a fan of an additional game that doesn't count and exposes players to the risk of injury. I would play any of my starters if I didn't have to, but I imagine the NFL would throw a tantrum.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't the HoF game be just another one of 4 preseason games? Does that make too much sense to do that? lol

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Good chance unless some other "bigger" name gets in that year like Peyton or Brady.

With Woodson most likely being a first ballot HOFer he will make it to Canton in the same year as Peyton (assuming he retires this offseason).

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why can't the HoF game be just another one of 4 preseason games? Does that make too much sense to do that? lol

If the NFL could make money playing a Toilet Bowl Game, featuring the 2 worst teams going head to head the week before the Super Bowl, they would. :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Toilet Bowl would for sure be more interesting than the Pro Bowl.
I think it would be a money maker.
Add in the incentive of "Winner gets the #1 draft pick". I mean who wouldn't have been lining up to watch the Browns and the Titans smash it out in January? Maybe play the game in a fitting place like Kohler, WI or Mansfield, OH.

Sky King

Reaction score
Add in the incentive of "Winner gets the #1 draft pick". I mean who wouldn't have been lining up to watch the Browns and the Titans smash it out in January? Maybe play the game in a fitting place like Kohler, WI or Mansfield, OH.
There's a stadium in St. Louis that should have an open date around then. Centrally located and plenty of beer in town.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Woodson most likely being a first ballot HOFer he will make it to Canton in the same year as Peyton (assuming he retires this offseason).

Packers/Colts in another 5 years?

Or will Peyton go in as a Bronco;)

P.S. I know players don't pick teams to represent hence the wink.

Last edited: