Packers throwbacks (alternates) this year...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are almost horrendous, at least we don't have striped socks like Denver's throwbacks last year...I don't know, it's going to make me laugh most of the game watching them play in these...anyone remember which games they are going to be wearing these things?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the way they look either.
Including the brown helmets.
The circle reminds me of a target.
And when your wearing a target on your body, that's not a good thing!

Others on here have written that it will be the Dec. 5th game against the 9ers.
(Another poor choice for these is that the 9ers uniforms will look even better in contrast. That is, if they wear the Red and Gold.)

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Those uni's are awesome... dunno how you guys could hate em. I thought I heard we're wearing them against Dallas but I could be wrong...

Brakos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're definitely better than the Denver clown-legs or Philly's blue and yellow disasters from the 30s.

Actually they look kinda cool compared to the generic uni design.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may not be liked by all but the jerseys are not exactly like the ones worn in 1929. Back then the circle was only 5" wide but the circle size had to be enlarged to conform to today's league rules about players' number sizes. I think it is cool to be commemorating our first NFL championship team in this manner!

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

I can see where they were going with the brown helmets because back in 1929 had the leather helmets.

But the Helmets are ulgy. The Jersey look fine. its the brown helmets.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The helmets have an easy fix, just change it to matte or instead of monochrome add design to resemble a leather helmet. I like the throwbacks, they break the mold a little design wise. No other modern jersey resembles it, and they took a chance to step away from the green and gold we know and love. Marketing ploy maybe, but how many fans knew that the Packers weren't always green and gold?

Also here is a great blog on the Packers uniforms. The Wearing Of the Green (and Gold)

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I buy gear, I prefer the vintage/throwback stuff...IMO the vintage apparel is more timeless than the latest designs. These uniforms are pretty cool... But as a cheesehead I donno if I really want to be wearing blue. :detsux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
jkrelt yeah I agree blue is too common in our division already. It kind of gets me down that we may never see a Packers vs Bears, Lions, or Giants game all throwback game, too much blue on the field.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I dont mind the throwbacks, personally. Although, I can see through their marketing ploy, which is also fine by me...
Whatever happened to the ones that they wore in the 90's (throwbacks)? Blue with golden brown shoulders and lettering.....I remember a lot of people wearing those around school.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the helmets are really ugly. In Madden I have the Packers wearing the alternate jerseys and pants with the 1950's flat gold helmet and it looks awesome. The helmet matches the jersey numbers. Already ordered my jersey!

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe that Scheels is gouging people for these at $80 for a replica jersey. I remember when you could get a replica for $40.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against the 49ers.

I bought a Rodgers throwback two weeks ago. I might wear it tomorrow for the game.

I would kill for a reggie white throwback from when they had the blue and yellow colors. The game used one surfaced years back but hasnt been seen since.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine wearing that color scheme here in Buckeye Country! I'm going to be explainin myself all damn day to everyone lol