Packers sign Jason Hunter

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Team signs UDFA J. Hunter
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:43:59 -0700

GoASU.com reports the Green Bay Packers have signed undrafted rookie free agent DE Jason Hunter (Applalachian State) to an undisclosed contract. Hunter reports to Green Bay Thursday, May 4, and will participate in the Packers' first minicamp of 2006, which runs Friday, May 5 - Sunday, May 7.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little about him.....

by Appalachian Sports Information
April 30, 2006

BOONE, N.C. -- Appalachian State University playoff hero Jason Hunter will begin his professional football career as a member of one of the most storied franchises in all of sports as he signed a free-agent contract with the Green Bay Packers on Sunday evening.

Expected by many to be a late-round pick, Hunter’s name wasn’t called during this weekend’s National Football League Draft, but he was snapped up quickly by Green Bay as a free agent immediately following the draft. Should he make the regular-season roster, Hunter would be the first Mountaineer to ever play for the Packers.

In 2005, Hunter turned in one of the most impressive seasons ever by an Appalachian defensive end. The Fort Bragg, N.C. native racked up 101 tackles, including 13 sacks and 24.5 tackles for loss, and scored three defensive touchdowns as a senior. The 13 sacks were just one shy of a school record and the 24.5 TFL were seventh-most in ASU history. Even though he didn’t make a start until his senior season, he finished his career with 24 sacks, good for fifth on the school’s all-time list. For his efforts, Hunter was a consensus All-American, grabbing first-team honors from I-AA.org and Football Gazette and second-team recognition from the Associated Press and The Sports Network.

Go here to read more....http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article= ... omPage=431

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this

5. Who is your favorite professional football player?
A. Jevon Kearse. “The Freak.â€

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunter Willing to Play Linebacker

by By Steve Behr (Watauga Democrat)
April 28, 2006

At 6-foot-4, 240-pounds, Jason Hunter is the prototypical size for an NFL linebacker. Hunter also has excellent speed and can hit like a freight train.

So what’s the problem? Well, it’s that Hunter spent his college career at Appalachian State playing defensive end.

Yet Hunter does not care which position he plays if one of the 32 NFL teams gives him a chance to attend a training camp. Hunter, like thousands of college seniors wanting to play professional football, will be waiting by the phone hoping one of those teams calls saying it has drafted him.

“I have expectations,â€

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His sack of Furman quarterback Ingle Martin late in the fourth quarter of the semifinals of the playoffs forced a fumble and clinched the Mountaineers’ 29-23 victory.

ooooh tensionnnnn.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another good signing... i spent quite a few nights on couches at app state and been to several football games ( i hate them) but that was a good football team and they played good teams even though it was D-1AA
they never looked like lesser teams to me.

and the fact that ingle martin led his team to a national championship game and has a cannon arm is awesome. a winner with an arm

Latest posts