Packers/Philly more viewers than Vikings/Saints

Reaction score
America was more than ready for some football last week.

Last Thursday's season-opener on NBC, won by the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints over the Minnesota Vikings, was seen by 27.5 million people. NBC's coverage of the Washington Redskins' primetime victory over the Dallas Cowboys three days later scored 25.3 million viewers.

The NFL's ratings were just as impressive on Sunday afternoon. Fox's broadcast of the Green Bay Packers-Philadelphia Eagles game drew 28 million people.

The totals set new records for a Thursday-night game and a Sunday-night game during the opening week of an NFL season.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
America was more than ready for some football last week.

Last Thursday's season-opener on NBC, won by the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints over the Minnesota Vikings, was seen by 27.5 million people. NBC's coverage of the Washington Redskins' primetime victory over the Dallas Cowboys three days later scored 25.3 million viewers.

The NFL's ratings were just as impressive on Sunday afternoon. Fox's broadcast of the Green Bay Packers-Philadelphia Eagles game drew 28 million people.

The totals set new records for a Thursday-night game and a Sunday-night game during the opening week of an NFL season.

So we drew more viewers than the NFC championship rematch???

SWEET

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More people would rather watch Aaron Rodgers than Brett Favre. Cant blame them

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this! I wonder why this game in particular? Surely everyone couldn't of been as excited as I was to see the Pack beat the Eaglets at home. ;)

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suprised as hell that it beat the Vikings and Saints because it was first game of season and was a good matchup. Maybe Packers have more fans =p

Members online

Latest posts