Packers Defense disrespected?

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching and listening all week about how Aaron Rodgers against the Bears Defense is the #1 key to this game....

It is a one of many KEY POINTS 2 this game.

Jay Cutler's 4 game stats against Dom Capers Defense is being left off the table. Since joining the Bears last season, he's been intercepted nine times in four games against the Packers. He's also 77 for 138 for 875 yards and four touchdowns in those games.

This Packer Defense is playing at its highest level since Capers took over. I love the fact that not many people outside of Green Bay is saying Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson with everyone else on this D will make the winning difference.

I hope we gameplan to stop the RUN and make Cutler beat us....... LIKE MR T. WOULD SAY......PAAAAIIIIINNNNNNN !!!!!

Bears only scored 23pts against the Packers this year
1 TD was Hester punt return
3 FG's
only 1 TD the Bears offense has scored against us in 2 games!!!!!! and that 1 TD the Bears started at the Green Bay 44...

:chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux:

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at one stat that really stands out.

In the 2 games this season Cutler's been sacked 9 times. When Culter gets pressured, he makes mistakes.

Bring the heat and make em pay.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to get some hits along with the pressure. When ever he gets hit, especially if an O lineman gets beat badly, he gets all pissy and it has an effect on him and his play. When he takes off running, he needs to get leveled too. He is a big enough guy that he will keep going and open himself up to take a hit as opposed to sliding.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to get some hits along with the pressure. When ever he gets hit, especially if an O lineman gets beat badly, he gets all pissy and it has an effect on him and his play. When he takes off running, he needs to get leveled too. He is a big enough guy that he will keep going and open himself up to take a hit as opposed to sliding.

no doubt!

cutler is a cry baby *****...lets keep it that way!:chisux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blitz baby blitz!!!

If we can rattle Cutler early we win this game based on that. Aaron will take care of the O, no worries there. The Bears O-Line has proven time and time again that they can't protect Cutler. 9 sacks in 2 games in hideous. Lets not forget the romping in the Giants game.

If all goes well we will have us a Sack Fest on Sunday. The main dish being Cutler al dente. I hope the Packers D are hungry!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I think our d-line will make it bad for the bears,they like to throw the ball more than what people think,they forget Martz and that is what he likes to do.The seahawks were weak in their scondary that is why the had a great game against them,A-rod is not pass first if they can run the ball witch they will a little and thats all they will do to keep the clock running,my guts been telling me a win since watching the falcon game,my brother and son are going to the game,they work for different companys and that is how they get to go,so go pack go s.b here we come.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defense continues to play at a highlevel...no one is more focused on getting to the superbowl then Charles Woodson...seriously I keep saying...Woodson is dialed in on achieving the ultimate goal in sports, and he will make sure his presence on that side of the ball is known!:chisux:

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That **** surface that they have there at Soldier Field is going to considerably slow our pass rush. I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler has time to sit back and throw.

What scares me the most is Forte and Hester... I really don't know how we'll fair against them.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You can argue the slow track at their shiddy site bodes well for offense or defense.
It doesn't matter, the Packers are better on either side of the ball. I don't see a massive passing attack but we won't need it with this D.
People think it's all of one and none of the other. I see us mixing run and pass with eloquence, keeping the Bears D hesitant. You know James Starks can run the ball and you know Rodgers is the best QB in football with the best WR corps. So pick your poison, or if not, watch as each on in turn poisons your vanilla D.
The Packers D is almost as good as those mid 90's squads, very good but better at turnovers. Expect at least a touchdown margin of victory but not much more by the Pack.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The less precip before the game the better the field will be. Its only really awful when its wet. There might be a few flurries tomorrow, but thats about it before game time so I am not as concerned with the field as I would be if it were snowing heavily right before or during the game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
It's just the NFL hyping the game. They try to make each team look good before the game so everybody is happy that their team holds an edge in some area. I'm over the hype now. Play the game and find out which team is best. I'm sick of NFL hype.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope Clay comes out hungry. Watching Cutler talk to the media, I wanted to have a chance to slam him to the ground. There's just something about that guy (Besides the obvious "he's the Bear's QB" explanation)

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That **** surface that they have there at Soldier Field is going to considerably slow our pass rush. I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler has time to sit back and throw.

What scares me the most is Forte and Hester... I really don't know how we'll fair against them.

I think the sloppy field hurts the Bears pass rush more then the Packers b/c Bears are going to try to get a rush with four, because we match-up well vs. their receivers Pack can send 5, 6 and even 7 at times, if your sending more then they can block not sure the field conditions are going to be as much as a factor for the Pack as the Bears.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post - that is what Skip Clueless can't seem to figure out. All week he said:

"The Packers only scored 10 points the last game of the year"

I think he figures if he says it enough times he will go back to reality like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. But what he failed to mention is his BFF Jay Cutler led that vaunted Bears offense to only 3 points and threw 2 interceptions deep inside Packer territory.

While I love the Packers offense the Packers defense will be the story in this game. Book it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip was killing me this week. I had to pull the plug on watching by tuesday. I bet if his little man crush cutler met him he wouldn't give him the time of day despite their Vanderbilt connection. He needs to stick to ripping on lebron.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man you missed out then the meltdown Skippy had yesterday was an all-timer. I'm saving it on DVR it was so awesome. He's a big fan of revisionist history, therefore his arguments are almost always right (in his deluded mind).

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The topic was "Right move to go with Rodgers over Favre?" and he brought up his comment last year about "TT's move to get rid of Brett Favre was the dumbest move in NFL history" and he then pounded his fist saying "I was EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!". From there on out it was fantasy land time and he of course mentioned how the Packers would have had a shot at the Super Bowl in 2008 AND 2009...blah blah blah.

What he failed to address though is the Packers actually ARE contending for the SB this season and it's reality, not make believe fantasy land. So at most they have 1 more SB shot in the fantasy land of 2008 and 2009 and they also have Rodgers still. Had Favre stuck around there's no way Rodgers is in GB anymore.

The other guy, Rob Parker, ripped him a new one it was pretty awesome. Skip acted like a 7 year old...usually he acts like a 10 year old.

If the Packers win tomorrow, which I fully expect, Rodgers will already have 3 playoff road wins. Favre only had 3 his entire career.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Yep, he blew a gasket. I replayed it several times. His logic is completely flawed. The premise of his argument is that the Packers would have had two more shots at the Super Bowl with Favre. The flaw in the premise is that he is as likely to hurt his arm here as in New York. It's also just as likely he throws a pick in the NFCCG like last year. And if you take the logic to it's continuum, we'd have had him playing here this year and he was just totally worthless. Instead, we have a QB who's on the verge of superstardom, just like his predecessor and a for-real chance at the big dance.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the Vandy connection, I just thought Skippy was a Packer hater or just likes to defy every other analyst on ESPN.
Funny though, it will be a 5 star delight to watch him next week, what the heck is he going to complain about Aaron Rodgers then?

Members online

Latest posts