Packers and Aaron Rodgers agree on 3 yr 150 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The problem is that many fans don't consider him a great quarterback because they don't like him as a person.
Well that’s not me. I want good things for Rodgers on a personal level, even though he can sometimes get under my skin I always am hopeful he can grow and mature from those mistakes as we should all do.

On another note. Our personality traits do bleed into our professional life. We take our personal life to work and can take our work home (which can be dangerous if they aren’t at a healthy place) It’s all interwoven and if we do questionable things (like being deceptive) then thats 100% happening to some degree both places and that goes the same with the reciprocal.

Rodgers is a fantastic athlete and polarizing player, he’s a love him or hate him guy to the fans I know..
and not much in between. He’s so polarizing that he can start a divisive argument between 2 otherwise loyal Packer fans and neither can agree. It’s like his friction is contagious. I can overlook the bad to a point, but he’s used up most of his get out of jail cards. He’d get a couple back if he’d lay low off the field (humble himself) and accomplish his $50m goal (bring that Lombardi back where it belongs).

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO
40% of the posters love Rodgers as a player and couldn't care less about anything else.
30% of the posters love Rodgers as a player but do not like him personally.
20% of the posters allow their dislike for Rodgers as a person to effect their perception of him as a player.
10% of the posters change their opinion from game to game.
IMO
Should be 40% of posters love him so much that he can never do wrong, and it affects their perception of him

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I dont agree with it, but it does show that there are others outside of our forum that use the immunized vs vaccinated issue for a reason not to like him

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Should be 40% of posters love him so much that he can never do wrong, and it affects their perception of him
Right, but isn't it kind of built into the idea that if these people feel Rodgers does no wrong, their sh*t doesn't stink either? :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Interesting. I dont agree with it, but it does show that there are others outside of our forum that use the immunized vs vaccinated issue for a reason not to like him

The people that it didn't bother are the same people that put up a big stink over being told they had to wear masks, in some cases get immunized, etc. These self servers couldn't say much about Rodgers trying to dupe everyone, because that would be pulling the curtain on themselves in the process.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont agree with it, but it does show that there are others outside of our forum that use the immunized vs vaccinated issue for a reason not to like him
Oh, there is no question that some people are hyper focused on that issue as one that is highly politicized, and they will definitely hate people who are on the opposite side of it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, there is no question that some people are hyper focused on that issue as one that is highly politicized, and they will definitely hate people who are on the opposite side of it.
Agree. It is very sad that something that affected all of us in one way or another was used to divide us even more. That, more than the virus itself, made us a weaker country imo.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or there are people who are fine with people choosing to Vax or not Vax, but were irritated with the way Rodgers intentionally misled the general public about his status. Had he just said "I prefer not sharing my status, because it's a private decision to me." Bam.. it's done.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or there are people who are fine with people choosing to Vax or not Vax, but were irritated with the way Rodgers intentionally misled the general public about his status. Had he just said "I prefer not sharing my status, because it's a private decision to me." Bam.. it's done.
I'm sure that's true. But I'm sure there are people who wouldn't have been satisfied with that, either.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm sure that's true. But I'm sure there are people who wouldn't have been satisfied with that, either.
Of course there would have been, but far less than the later. Also, had he taken the approach I described, that would have happened before the season started and been done with pretty quickly. Instead, it happened midseason and was yet another Rodgers distraction. Obviously, the organization knew and stayed quiet too, but it really wasn't their place to correct or interpret what he said. Had he never got covid, the mistruth or whatever you want to call it, probably never happens.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For AR, anytime and every time you are successful and confident, you will have haters. 100% of the time

I think Aaron knows that and doesn't really care to be honest lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For AR, anytime and every time you are successful and confident, you will have haters. 100% of the time
Correct statement. However, Rodgers was confident and successful years ago and didn't have his own fans hating on him. So what has changed, the fans or Rodgers?

Reaction score
From my perspective he was just playing around. It did not seem mean spirited.
I think he could’ve hurt that kid from that close of he wanted to.

That would’ve looked horrible had he thrown a fast ball and bruised him up at a charity event. Lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Its so ironic. in his last few years, a growing section of fans got tired of Bretts play and offseason stuff.

I had a 1st row seat to it. I helped run his official forum and saw the fan base turn.

But his inner circle refused to let ANY negative talk happen. I was instructed to delete anything that showed brett in a bad light.

We have come full circle

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From my perspective he was just playing around. It did not seem mean spirited.
Until someone says anything we dont know.

As I posted b4, 40 percent think he does no wrong and this is a perfect example.

I posted two options. And I said it "looks" bad...doesnt mean he was upset.

But those that love him will not come to admit he could be irratated and did it out of spite. They cant phathom this is even possible

I can fully see a mvp is irratated at a kid rubbing it in

He is human.

Doesnt mean he is a bad person. Just human

Reaction score
Until someone says anything we dont know.

As I posted b4, 40 percent think he does no wrong and this is a perfect example.

I posted two options. And I said it "looks" bad...doesnt mean he was upset.

But those that love him will not come to admit he could be irratated and did it out of spite. They cant phathom this is even possible
Throwing an INT to anyone (for him in Particular)has to be tough. I think he really prides himself on being the best at that.
I 100% think he was irritated though how that kid handled the situation. It was instinctual the way he turned and fired the ball past him.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m starting to believe some of the softest people on this planet may very well be on this forum.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m starting to believe some of the softest people on this planet may very well be on this forum.
Im starting to believe some of the so fest people have valid opinions just as well as the hardest people do

Hence a forum to discuss opinions

Right?

I cant stand cilentro at all..my wife loves it

Clearly she is a ***** right?

Im mean how can i love her knowing she doesnt have same taste as me.

Time for divorce

Point is if people have different opinions, its okay

Start to disrespect them, time to back off

Make sense?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If my last few posts rubbed some the wrong way, Im sorry.

But my God.

Some dont like him, and its okay

Some think he can do no wrong and its okay.

Be civil, dont disrespect others opinions by saying they are soft, or ridiculing them.

We all want a SB win..

I do not think anyone of us are employeed by the Pack or are tight with Rodgers...So we do not know what is trulying going on.

But the thought or implacations of I am right and your wrong ends now

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Rodgers discussion eh? Good to see some things haven't changed while I've been away. I'll throw my thoughts on the matter as a lot has happened since last time I was here.

Reflecting back on my time here, (especially when I first joined) I was probably in that 40 percent in which I felt that they liked Rodgers as a player and didn't care about anything else. I felt personal attacks on him were unwarranted and unfair at times, and had nothing to do with his play on the field. I was so astonished how people were turning on him, as I felt he wasn't the source of our problems. Then as time progressed I wanted to be fair in my criticism in regards to his play on the field so I didn't come off as a blind sycophant, due to how aggressive I was in debating with individuals on here, in which I tried to dial back on.

Then NFCCG happened, and fair on unfair I put most the blame on Rodgers. He had plenty of opportunities to win that game, but he blew it. So fast forward to this past season, I didn't care what Rodgers did in the regular season because I felt he needed to redeem himself for not coming through in the NFCCG, only to wet the bed in the most spectacular way which resulted in us going one and done in the playoffs. Now Rodgers wasn't the only reason we lost, but he was downright awful, and if he wasn't so tunnel vision in targeting Adams then maybe we wouldn't have been in that position to have lost the game. I was so convinced that had we gotten past SF we would've went to the SB and won it. So we've had two golden opportunities with very good defenses to help carry the load wasted.

To add on to that was the offseason in which he did that press conference in which he threw management under the bus. My personal thoughts on the matter, I understood both sides, but I was under the impression he would back it up with his play and which would result in a championship; to say the least I was disappointed that he fell short. Now he's the highest paid QB in the league, to which I give him kudos. He won back to back MVP and so by those merits he deserved the highest paid.

But the problem is...He's beyond such merits now. It should championship or bust. I'm not gonna question his commitment, but I DO question in HOW he wants to win. What I used to have complete faith in regards to his decision making, I find myself questioning it. Instead of taking what is given to him by the defense and spreading the ball around like he used to back in the day he has become tunnel vision and would target Adams (it reminds me of Stafford always throwing it to Megatron back in the day). The faith I once had in him making the "right" play I'm now holding my breath, crossing my fingers hoping he doesn't do anything stupid, which is 50/50 at this point now. Would I have paid him that much money? Tbh I'm not sure. One part knows he gives us the best chance to win, but at the same time I feel we're at the point it's the same story with him and he is what he is at this point.

Do I trust him to get the job done? While I'd like to say yes, I can't say that for certain, because I feel it has to be HIS WAY, and HIS WAY isn't necessarily the RIGHT WAY. Do I think he throws games? Absolutely not, but I do think he is full of himself at times in regards to trying to go for the home run instead of settling for something less.

So as far as he does in the regular season. Idc anymore. Don't get me wrong I don't want him to stink up the joint, but so long as The Packers win, (which is always what's important) I don't care if he throws for 400 yards, 4 TDs, or 100. He's becoming a regular season QB, like how Peyton is kinda perceived as. Is it fair to him? Not completely, but that's what the perception will be if he doesn't get his act together. The organization has catered to him. It's time to get the job done.

No more excuses.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm probably in the middle of how most Packer fans feel about Rodgers. I'm not a hater of him by any means, and last years covid fiasco really didn't bother me but I knew it would freak out some here. I'm ready to move on from him because I think the Packers have hit their ceiling with him as QB. I personally am weary of the different sideshows and media attention focused on him. I'm not sure if that mess is good for the other players and coaches. He has shown me for the last..... actually 8 years, going back to all the failed first half drives resulting in FG's instead of TD's in the Seattle NFC championship game that he isn't going to carry the team to victory in those tough games. I think the overall health of the franchise would be better if we had traded him to Denver a month ago. I'm not expecting any different end result this season with him. I think his cap number has reached the point now that he is hindering improvement in building other areas of the team. Just am saying all this so some people here don't think my thoughts are completely ridiculous. I see this situation as history repeating itself. We went through a similar situation with Favre at the end of his time in Green Bay and Rodgers imo has been acting a tad Favrish in the last 5 years imo.

Kudos to Denver. I think they are more likely to win a SB with Wilson than with Rodgers. My apologies to all you fantasy football gods.

Reactions: Do7

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to Denver. I think they are more likely to win a SB with Wilson than with Rodgers. My apologies to all you fantasy football gods.
Tbh I really don't think Wilson is that great of a QB as everyone makes him to be. If he wins, it'll be because he's been carried with a good run game and defense. Then again I was never really high on the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts