Packers, Alexander finalizing extension

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been alive 36 years...and honestly I giggle somewhat when folks discuss failings or GB struggling to a degree at times that happens. The vast majority of my life GB has constantly, routinely been a candidate for playoffs which is something VERY few if any teams can say in that stretch of time (only Patriots have won more games). We have been a very good organization, this doesn't happen by chance and no the only reason isn't just two people alone in that time causing that.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been alive 36 years...and honestly I giggle somewhat when folks discuss failings or GB struggling to a degree at times that happens. The vast majority of my life GB has constantly, routinely been a candidate for playoffs which is something VERY few if any teams can say in that stretch of time (only Patriots have won more games). We have been a very good organization, this doesn't happen by chance and no the only reason isn't just two people alone in that time causing that.
You are lucky you didn't have to endure the 70s and 80s like I and others my age have. Back then it was cause for celebration to be .500. The playoffs were about as rare as hen's teeth. Enjoy these good times. They won't last forever.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My answer to Old Schools question.
1. I am kinda hoping they sign King for $3 mil maxing out at $4 with incentives.
2. I would like them to save the rest in case of injuries or returning from injury guys not making it back like their old selves.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You are lucky you didn't have to endure the 70s and 80s like I and others my age have. Back then it was cause for celebration to be .500. The playoffs were about as rare as hen's teeth. Enjoy these good times. They won't last forever.
They'll last as long as we have a very good management team. It always starts at the top.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the two things were mutually exclusive, but I would way, way rather have Jaire Alexander for 4/84 at age 25 than Davante Adams for ~5/145 at age 29.
That's a good point. If they keep and pay Adams they may still sign Alexander, and lose everyone else of worth - Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and on. I hated to see him go, but the Adams trade was well worth it - well, we'll see!

Reaction score
My answer to Old Schools question.
1. I am kinda hoping they sign King for $3 mil maxing out at $4 with incentives.
2. I would like them to save the rest in case of injuries or returning from injury guys not making it back like their old selves.
That’s kinda my thought.

My mind tells me WR, but my pocketbook and my gut tells me a #4 CB is most valuable. That’s a position that’s very injury prone and high usage (3 CB on field simultaneously). We can’t expect those 3 starters to remain healthy or fresh all season. Also, if we’re light at Safety (which we are) the natural response would be to be heavier at CB.

This article just popped this morning. Kinda talks about these thoughts after going forward after freeing $$$ from our J’aire move.

I know this doesn’t directly have to do with J’aire. My argument would be it’s Jaires contract that is most likely to help us sign at minimum one more veteran.
I’d be elated to use some of that $ to sign a veteran DB or Edge rusher (or both)

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s kinda my thought.

My mind tells me WR, but my pocketbook and my gut tells me a #4 CB is most valuable. That’s a position that’s very injury prone and high usage (3 CB on field simultaneously). We can’t expect those 3 starters to remain healthy or fresh all season. Also, if we’re light at Safety (which we are) the natural response would be to be heavier at CB.

This article just popped this morning. Kinda talks about these thoughts after going forward after freeing $$$ from our J’aire move.

I know this doesn’t directly have to do with J’aire. My argument would be it’s Jaires contract that is most likely to help us sign at minimum one more veteran.
I’d be elated to use some of that $ to sign a veteran DB or Edge rusher (or both)
At this point I'm tempted to say roll with the WRs we have and shore up a few other spots.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember when the highlight of the season was upsetting a superior team on Monday Night Football...:p

Some here can only remember Brett & Aaron...Us older folks remember Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Jim Del Gaizo, TJ Rubley, David Whitehurst, Randy Wright, Don Milan, Jack Concannon, Mike Tomczak, Blair Kiel, Carlos Brown, etc. etc.

Who am leaving out? Can't remember them all, but there was a lot of meh.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember when the highlight of the season was upsetting a superior team on Monday Night Football...:p

Some here can only remember Brett & Aaron...Us older folks remember Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Jim Del Gaizo, TJ Rubley, David Whitehurst, Randy Wright, Don Milan, Jack Concannon, Mike Tomczak, Blair Kiel, Carlos Brown, etc. etc.

TJ Rubley was actually during the Favre era.
You forgot the Lawrence Welk trade of a one and a two and a one two three for a washed up John Hadl.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm confused about Alexander's new contract. Overthecap shows he is under contract through the 2026 season (5 years) and that the total payout is $98.076Mil with $30Mil signing bonus. His 5th year option contract of $13.294Mil was thrown away, so it wasn't a 4 year extension (from '23-'26), it is actually a new deal ('22-'26) for 5 years & $98.076Mil.

Why is it being listed as the #1 CB contract at 4yr $21Mil/yr., when it truly is the #4 highest CB at 5yr $19.615Mil/yr deal??

The Packers signed Alexander to a four-year, $84 million extension. With him having been under contract for the 2022 season it's actually a five-year, $98 million deal though.

While I agree, it is kind of the nature of the beast. Losing Hayward and Hyde, seemed somewhat inconsequential at the time. Losing other players to Free Agency is also part of the game. The key is to replace those players with same or better players and TT wasn't a guy who liked to dabble to much in Free Agency. Instead, he relied on the draft and development method and when he started having more misses than hits, it showed.

I was talking about the Packers losing talent in the front office with some members of it becoming general managers of other teams during Thompson's tenure in Green Bay.

If they keep and pay Adams they may still sign Alexander, and lose everyone else of worth - Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and on.

The way Adams' contract is structured the Packers could have kept everyone else for this season as well. Most likely they would have run in serious issues with the cap down the road though.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers signed Alexander to a four-year, $84 million extension. With him having been under contract for the 2022 season it's actually a five-year, $98 million deal though.
Thanks, Capt. I wasn't aware that teams can make the 5th yr. option guaranteed salary amount part of the signing bonus to lower the cap. I mistakenly thought that had to remain as salary.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't forget about the Majik Man.

Reaction score

Lynn Dickey Majik Man! (Oops someone beat me!)

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Majik Man always holds a special place with me, he started to right this ship. I injuries took a lot from him and I'm sorry to hear they continued to take from him after he left the game. I do think it was a very serious ankle injury that allowed Favre to get his start here. But the tides, the winds, whatever started to shift with the Majik Man. Started letting us believe this team could do it again, really this time :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to HS with his wife, Kelly. Majik has had a really rough time (last count was 24 surgeries - ankle, back, neck, shoulder,...) since his playing days. :( https://www.sportscasting.com/for-g...-the-surgeries-keep-piling-up-30-years-later/
NFLPA should be doing more in the CBA for retired players and those injured for life in the game. Most of the boomer age players didn't earn a million $$ total for their career. I also think colleges should compensate players that get injured enough to end their careers before they finish school.

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Anthony Dilweg, Craig Nall, etc.
And Majik was a 10th rounder!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lynn ****ey

for @#$&* sake i’m so done with these filters.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lynn ****ey

for @#$&* sake i’m so done with these filters.
Just say "Lynn Richardey"

Or...."Lynn Schwangey"

Or....insert any of these:

• Anaconda
  • Banana
  • Baseball bat
  • Big boy
  • Big guy
  • Bo ner
  • Bratwurst
  • Bulge
  • Chub
  • Chubby
  • Chuck Dic kens
  • Dingaling
  • Ding-D ong
  • Disco stick
  • Do ng
  • [Eggplant emoji]
  • Excalibur
  • Firehose
  • Franks and beans
  • Gerald (when he can’t get it up…a play on “geriatric”)
  • Gherkin
  • Goldfinger
  • Groin
  • Hose
  • Indiana Bones
  • Jackhammer
  • Jimmy
  • Johnson
  • John Johnson
  • Joystick
  • Junior
  • Junk
  • Knob
  • Knobgoblin
  • Krull the Warrior King
  • Leroy
  • Little guy
  • Little man
  • Lollipop
  • Hard-on
  • Hammer
  • Hammer of Thor
  • Hercules
  • Joystick
  • Lollipop
  • Long D o ng Silver
  • Long stick
  • Magic Mike
  • Magic stick
  • Magic wand
  • Meat stick
  • Mini-me
  • Moby Richard
  • Mount Vesuvius
  • One-eye Pete
  • One-eyed monster
  • One-eyed trouser snake
  • Package
  • Pe c ker
  • Peen
  • Pee-pee
  • Pepperoncini
  • Phallus
  • Pickle
  • Piece
  • Piston
  • Pric k
  • Pocket rocket
  • Popsicle
  • Privates
  • Python
  • Rod
  • Rumpleforeskin
  • Salami
  • Sausage
  • Schlong
  • Schwanz
  • Shaft
  • Skin flute
  • Snake
  • Spicy sopressata
  • Stick shift
  • Stiffy
  • Third leg
  • Thor
  • Tree trunk
  • Trouser snake
  • Twig and berries
  • Tuna Can
  • Wand
  • Wang
  • Wee man
  • Ween ie
  • Wee-wee
  • Wiener
  • Wiener schnitzel
  • Willy
  • Zeus

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

Randy Wright??? He should honestly be forever known as Randy Wrong.

Members online

Latest posts