Packer Roster Quality

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Raji, Neal

Next year and the year after, TT will need to address our secondary. I mean to start developing a replacement for Woodson and Harris (Harris's replacement is probably already on the roster just needs some experience). But
Woodson has a few more years in him I think.

Linebacker. We're already thin here.

O Line. Again it takes a couple years for linemen to develop.

Running back. Cause the options behind Grant are almost scraping the bottom of the barrel. He is 27 so 29 or 30 he will inevitably begin the decline.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time evaluating players right now. Because it's prediction. Sure, I'll base it on age, past production, potential, and training camp performance, but in the end it's a crapshoot.

But here are my precitions for the ups and downs of the 2010 Green Bay Packers!

UP:

Raji: Raji will dominate. If not this year, he will redefine the NT position.
Hawk: Bold statement, but I think this year we'll see a much more loose, playmaking Hawk.
Underwood/Lee: Not set on one guy, but I think they'll take the nickel and dime spot, and, in some time, be the starting duo.
Sitton: Pro bowler.
Finley: Best TE in the league.
Greg Jennings: Elite production. (80+ catches, 1300+ yards, 10+ tds)
Jordy Nelson: Will have very solid production.
Jenkins: With Raji and CM3, dividing attention, he'll have 7+ sacks.

DOWN:

DD: It's not that he's bad, but that Jennings and Finley completely take over. Still has 800+ yards and 60+ recs.
Grant: Will lose carries to BJax, and to the passing game. (though I'm not really set on this. MM may want to run the ball a lot late in games to close the deal)
Harris: will be a backup by the end of the year (sorry 3rty1)
JJ: no longer the 3b receiver, but actually a #5, clearly behind Jennings, Finley, DD and Nelson.
Pickett: Big Grease only plays on base. He's slimmed down, but in the end, Jenkins and Raji get the DT spots on nickel and dime, with Neal releaving them more often than Pickett.
Woodson: It's not that he has slowed down, but that last year is impossible to duplicate. He doesn't allow as many TDs this year, though.

The rest, I think will play slightly better or slightly worse.

And I just know somebody is going to throw this in my face when it doesn't materialize the way I said...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is due $10m next year (2011). I don't see the Packers paying this. I also don't see Hawk agreeing to lower pay, so i think he ends up somewhere else next year.

Hope I'm wrong ... I like Hawk, just not at $10m per

I also think that Thompson will be drafting LBs like crazy next year. Poppinga and whoever else ends up on the squad this year as backups will be upgrade candidates.

I agree with you that Hawk will not play for 10 million, he will shop around the league to see if another team is interested driving up his price.

It will come down this:

1 - Will TT match or exceed any offer by another team? How high will he go?

2 - Will Hawk accept less pay to be an every down LB in a 4-3 defense? Sharing time with Chillar and Bishop last year did not make Hawk happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts