Opening Sunday

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we know opening day will not be played against the Bears, Giants, Chargers or Dallas.

Since Thanksgiving is an away game with Detroit, that game is ruled out.

Opening Day Opponent odds:

vikings home or away 20%
Detroit at home 10%
Philly at home 10%
Chiefs away 10%
Broncos away 10%
Raiders at home 10%
Redskins at home 10%
Rams away 10%
Panthers at home 10%

So there is a 60% chance the Packers open at home.
20% chance of opening against the vikings at either location.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeese! I can not believe you actually sat down and figured this out.

Cali... You Kill Me.

You are indeed a GREAT Packer Fan. I admire you.

I am hoping for the Raiders at Home. I am going to be in Milwaukee at the time. What a way to visit my first Packer Game.

RP

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ed07,0,7626755.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Dolphin schedule got leaked and they open with Washington
so eliminate that game from the list above.

Change all the 10 percents above to 11% for each of the remaining games(home and away agaist vikings 11% each for 22%)

From the other side:

Each of the AFC teams(Chiefs Raiders, and Denver) have a 1 in 12 chance of their opener being against the Packers.
The Panthers have odds of 1 in 11.
Each viking game is 1 in 10 as is Detroit and the Rams.
Eagles game is 1 out of 9 from their side as well.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sept. 9 12 noon Philadelphia

Sept. 16 12 noon @ NY Giants

Sept. 23 12 noon San Diego

Sept. 30 12 noon @ Minnesota

Oct. 7 7;15 p.m. Bears

Oct. 14 12 noon Washington

Oct. 21 Bye Week

Oct. 29 7:30 p.m. @ Denver (Monday)

Nov. 4 12 noon @ Kansas City

Nov. 11 12 noon Minnesota

Nov. 18 12 noon Carolina

Nov. 22 11:30 a.m. @ Detroit

Nov. 29 7:15 p.m. @ Dallas (Thursday)

Dec. 9 12 noon Oakland

Dec. 16 12 noon @ St. Louis

Dec. 23 12 noon @ Chicago

Dec. 30 12 noon Detroit

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can come out 3-3 before the break we can be o.k. and that's better than the last couple of starts.
This schedule didn't do us any favors in getting out of the blocks fast. Thats for sure.

I think it's a good thing we have stayed pretty well put with our line up and aren't going thru all of the new name/new scheme stuff we did last year.

We first started out with a lot of new faces without a good grasp of the schemes and it took longer to get it together than it should this year.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Okay we say it starts tough, but lets look at it a little differently, early on some of this might be blessings... Most have questions..

Sept. 9 12 noon Philadelphia McNabb is comming back from an injury and they still lack WR's. Not the Worst team to open with.

Sept. 16 12 noon @ NY Giants Coach Tom is probably a lame duck coach this year, if they flop opening day things will roll down hill quickly.

Sept. 23 12 noon San Diego Whole new coaching staff and high expectations, I don't see this being the same team. Not to mention that Rivers is struggling with health. Stop the run!!!

Sept. 30 12 noon @ Minnesota It is the Vikings... which team will show?

Oct. 7 7;15 p.m. Bears Super bowl losers, history says they struggle the next year, okay I am reaching here:)

Oct. 14 12 noon Washington This is the team I am scared of if the QB situation is settled and the Oline comes together. Greg Williams will have the Defense playing ball this year.

Oct. 21 Bye Week

Oct. 29 7:30 p.m. @ Denver (Monday)

Nov. 4 12 noon @ Kansas City

Nov. 11 12 noon Minnesota

Nov. 18 12 noon Carolina

Nov. 22 11:30 a.m. @ Detroit

Nov. 29 7:15 p.m. @ Dallas (Thursday)

Dec. 9 12 noon Oakland

Dec. 16 12 noon @ St. Louis

Dec. 23 12 noon @ Chicago

Dec. 30 12 noon Detroit

It is early to predict things, but every team has questions to them... we certainly do.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only one monday night game... what the hell is that all about... ive been spoiled with upwards of 3 a year and now just one.??? and NONE AT LAMBEAU!?

initial opinion/hope - 11 - 5 NFC North champions.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers get back to back Thursday Games. Should be interesting.

I'm really looking forward to the opener against Philly. Should be a good indication on how much the Packers have improved from early in 06 to early in 07. I hope McNabb plays too.

Pack93z

Reaction score
only one monday night game... what the hell is that all about... ive been spoiled with upwards of 3 a year and now just one.??? and NONE AT LAMBEAU!?

initial opinion/hope - 11 - 5 NFC North champions.

We have some questions to answer before I am going to start dreaming of an NFC north championship..

Do we have a RB that can tote the rock?
Does Jennings have a solid second year?
Do we add a playmaker someplace?
Does KRob come back?
Does Woodson stay healthy for a second year?
Does Nick Collins rebound?
Do we find another safety that doesn't look "LOST IN SPACE"?
Does the Oline take another step forward and grow?
Whom starts exploiting the middle of the field from the TE position?

:cross:

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kenny Irons, Morency and Herron/Brown could function.

He will get 900 yards this season, the next season he will start getting 1000 yard seasons and hopefully become as good as Marvin Harrison!

Darrell Revis in the first round at least.

Does KRob come back?

Yes.

Yes.

He makes the pro bowl

When we trade down for Revis we aqcuire another 2nd round pick and pick a safety which Manuel will battle with.

They become the elite line of the league.

Bubba Franks returns to form and becomes a redzone threat.

Pack93z

Reaction score

Kenny Irons, Morency and Herron/Brown could function.

He will get 900 yards this season, the next season he will start getting 1000 yard seasons and hopefully become as good as Marvin Harrison!

Darrell Revis in the first round at least.

Does KRob come back?

Yes.

Yes.

He makes the pro bowl

When we trade down for Revis we aqcuire another 2nd round pick and pick a safety which Manuel will battle with.

They become the elite line of the league.

Bubba Franks returns to form and becomes a redzone threat.

I hope you have it right... I say bring in Chris Henry from arizona instead of Irons.. big fast back.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Irons is overrated in my opinion. I would avoid drafting him. I don't think he's anywhere close to the caliber of any back taken in the 2nd round last year or any of the recent Auburn products. I'm also not a big fan of Darrelle Revis. He's a workout warrior in my opinion.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Irons is underrated, perfect back for our system. He is more quick than fast, his vision is top class, has all the natural instincts you want, very patient and explodes through the hole when it opens up, can run away from defenders if he gets into the secondary also he hasn't had a lot of carries in college which means he hasn't absorbed a lot of blows. He might have a longer career than most backs.

Darrelle Revis hasn't produced as much as you'd like of a 1st round pick in his college career, however his potential is enourmous.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overview Kenny Irons originally enrolled and played at South Carolina, but transferred (sitting out the 2004 season) because he wasn't assured of consistent playing time and he also wanted to play with his brother, David, who had signed with Auburn out of JuCo. Irons appeared poised to have a monster senior season and was a pre-season contender for the Heisman. Injuries and offensive ineffectiveness put a halt to that campaign and Irons struggled through a mediocre season.
Strengths Irons has good size and strength for the RB position. He's an explosive player who can get skinny to slide through even the smallest holes. He's patient and will ride a blocker waiting for a sliver of daylight to burst through. Irons has a very good darting running style that makes it hard for players to get a bead on him. He has tremendous balance and runs with a good, low pad level and a nice body lean. He can change direction without having to gather himself and can change speeds to throw off defenders. Even though he's primarily a runner who avoids contact, he's willing to run through a player at times, showing off surprising power. Irons also runs good routes out of the backfield.
Weaknesses Irons is quick and shifty, but he's not a burner. He was bothered by a number of injuries (turf toe, groin, ankle sprain, bone bruise) this past season. He probably needs to add some bulk to be able to take some more hits. Struggles a bit as a receiver as he doesn't have great ball-tracking skills when it's in the air and he body-catches. His hands are questionable, as demonstrated by a number of dropped passes during Senior Bowl practices. Irons is very effective when he has a hole, but he's really unable to create on his own despite his shiftiness and agility. Irons hasn't been asked to block much and doesn't look good doing it when he is asked.
Projection Irons was considered a sure first-rounder before the season began, but he had a number of flaws exposed this fall. He's still going to be the third or fourth back off the board, but he's unlikely to be selected in the first round now.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Irons is underrated, perfect back for our system. He is more quick than fast, his vision is top class, has all the natural instincts you want, very patient and explodes through the hole when it opens up, can run away from defenders if he gets into the secondary also he hasn't had a lot of carries in college which means he hasn't absorbed a lot of blows. He might have a longer career than most backs.

Darrelle Revis hasn't produced as much as you'd like of a 1st round pick in his college career, however his potential is enourmous.

Revis would be a pick best suited for the previous regime of Green Bay. He has a bust factor as well. Plus he needs to improve his press coverage and that's what the Pack do most. I’d be shock to see the Pack select him because he’s more of an athlete than a pure football player and Ted Thompson seems to put so much emphasis on drafting football players over athletes. I do agree that he does carry a lot of upside. I personally think the Giants take him at 20 if he's there. I'm sure there are GM's out there that like you love his measurables.

Irons needs to put on 10 pounds of muscle to be a feature back in my opinion. He's soft and slow Injuries have plagued him. That's not what I want in my primary back. I thought he was overrated heading into this season as well. At the Senior Bowl he was very "sluggish". He did not look like an every down back but more of a poor man's Dominic Rhodes type of mold. If the Pack had Ahman Green yet then I wouldn't mind Irons. Although I'd still be skeptical.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, you call Kenny Irons slow, in fact he is faster than Marshawn Lynch.

Kenny Irons 4.45
Marshawn Lynch 4.46

I wouldn't say 4.45 speed is slow.

Members online

No members online now.