• Stick with DuJuan

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Trade for a RB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Draft. I like Eddie Lacy although with all our other needs, he may not fall to us unless we trade up

M

mayo44

Draft. I like Eddie Lacy although with all our other needs, he may not fall to us unless we trade up

Why not try and drag Tomlinson out of retirement? He'd be at least as productive as a certain lazy, washed-up WR, wouldn't he?

H

HardRightEdge

Your poll does not allow for multiple choices.;)

Here's my list in order of likelihood of making the opening day roster:

Harris: We should await further evidence as to whether he's capable of 20 carries. My sense is he'd be a nice component in another "TB by committee" season; more than that remains to be proven.

Green: He'll get another season to prove up. 2013 will be his second season off the ACL, the team has invested a 3rd. round pick and some time and effort, he's young, he's cheap and MM likes the guy. He'll be given every chance to earn the starting job, which in my opinion hinges on whether he can get yards after contact. Was it the knee, or is he an inherently soft runner? Personally, I don't expect more out of him than a passing down back.

Draft/FA: I'd guess we'll draft a runner, not another 3rd. down back, to compete for at least committee membership. I have a hard time seeing this happening above the 3rd. round. I wouldn't rule out an FA pickup, but no headline-making deal at the TB position.

Starks: He's under contract and he's cheap, so expect him in camp. In the end, you have to be worried about durability. It is very hard to let somebody else go when you have no confidence the guy you keep will be able to strap it on. I think he'll have to be 100% healthy through preseason, and have other guys fall flat, to make it to opening day.

Benson: He's 30 years old and coming off a fairly serious foot injury. He showed some flashes, but if we're to be honest on balance he looked "good" only in comparison to what we getting out of everybody else at the time. We were able to sign him for the minimum with no guarantee last season; I can't imagine that couldn't be repeated since his value in FA will be non-existent. If he doesn't make it past cut downs, it costs us nothing, and he'd be thankful for the opportunity. In the end, like Starks, it would take injuries or other options falling flat for him to make the opening day roster.

Saine: He's another 3rd. down back who doesn't get yards after contact. The Packers have more invested in Green. I don't know if he qualifies for a 3rd. year on PS; I think that's the best you can expect from him.

Grant: It's hard to see him coming back, even to camp.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to roll with Harris, Benson, and Green.
Maybe 2 of them will stay healthy.

Remember the Niners started with 4: Gore, Hunter, LaMichael James, Brandon Jacobs.
They all were healthy so they rolled with 3.

Then when Hunter got hurt, they had the 1-2 punch of Gore-James.

Baltimore rolled when they went to the 1-2 punch of RayRice and Bernard Pierce, a but bigger.

We have the RayRice in DuJuan Harris. Benson and him are a great balance.
Alex Green.... let him heal and rehab more.
He showed some progress last year before wearing that knee down.

Starks can play the role of Brandon Jacobs.... be there in case 1 or 2 of the others go down.
With us and injuries, that's likely.

And that's the same reason I do NOT NOT NOT NOT want to DRAFT EDDIE LACY.
Investing in RBs high is not smart. They get hurt too often. They don't make THE difference. We need help on defense.
Our high drafted RBs were Brent Fullwood, didn't justify it.
Brandon Jackson was a 2nd round pick...

We just need DuJuan Harris and Cedric Benson OR Alex Green to stay healthy please. These guys are good....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be perfectly happy with a Harris/Benson tandem. I think that would be a real nice speed/power combination.

I'm not particularly high on Alex Green, but they'll bring him back, just don't think it will be as more than a 3rd down back. He seems like Brandon Jackson 2.0 so far to me.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
(With a nod toward HardRightEdge) Start Harris and sort out Green, Benson, Saine, Starks, 4th or later round draft pick*, UDFAs, and/or a cheap UFA for the backup spots.

* If a RB is clearly the top player available in the 2nd or 3rd round pick but I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris
Benson
Green
Starks
Saine

I wouldn't add another RB to this mix unless it's early and you expect him to be a starter. Otherwise we don't need anymore second tier guys.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I see no reason why we need to keep James Starks or have him in our rotation. He hasn't proved to be anything but a glassman and when he's healthy he's barely serviceable.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
R
Harris
Benson
Green
Starks
Saine

I wouldn't add another RB to this mix unless it's early and you expect him to be a starter. Otherwise we don't need anymore second tier guys.
Realistically we would only have 3-4 RB total on our roster and I would put heavy money we draft a RB.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see no reason why we need to keep James Starks or have him in our rotation. He hasn't proved to be anything but a glassman and when he's healthy he's barely serviceable.
Agreed, but it costs very little to keep him around.... just in case the other guys get hurt before August ends. With our luck, we could lose Green, Harris, and Benson by then. Starks is at least cheapish.
Harris
Benson
Green
Starks
Saine

I agree with that and because RBs always get hurt, especially for us, I do not want to draft one early.
Although our high pick OTs, OLBs, and DL get hurt too, so it might not matter.
Our guys seem brittle almost across the board.

Members online

Latest posts