OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup..but they are adding 6000 or so...

Again what about the people that have been waiting for YEARS to get a chance at seats? Because they couldnt afford a piece of paper, they are out of the lottery for the stock people?

1) If they can't afford a $250 piece of paper, they can't afford season tickets.
2) Never been to a game, but I'm pretty sure the entire stadium isn't reserved for season ticket holders.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
1) If they can't afford a $250 piece of paper, they can't afford season tickets.
2) Never been to a game, but I'm pretty sure the entire stadium isn't reserved for season ticket holders.
right, if you can afford and want season tickets other than to scalp them for a profit, you should be buying a share to help you along. and since you will still be waiting a long time anyway this will at least give you a shot at getting a seat at a reasonable price every now and then. I think it is outrageous the prices they are allowed to scalp for. I just paid 1200 bucks for 80 dollar seats. Call me crazy but a lottery would give those of us who have supported the team we love a shot at seeing a game for a fair price. The Team would still sellout the seats just like they do the seats the lottery out to the brown county residents. Whats the difference?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lottery for a SMALL amount of allotted seats to stock holders is an absolutely GREAT idea. It would be something very simple to setup and a computer could pick at random from a pool of people. You have a small amount of seats so its easy for the packers ticket office to send out the tickets. The people who are lucky enough to win would have to pick up the tickets at will call to limit scalping opportunities. They select people during the offseason from the list of stock holders so you can make plans to make it to the game you won tickets for.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lottery for a SMALL amount of allotted seats to stock holders is an absolutely GREAT idea. It would be something very simple to setup and a computer could pick at random from a pool of people. You have a small amount of seats so its easy for the packers ticket office to send out the tickets. The people who are lucky enough to win would have to pick up the tickets at will call to limit scalping opportunities. They select people during the offseason from the list of stock holders so you can make plans to make it to the game you won tickets for.

I suppose there would be problems with people not being able to go if they win. If they live in California or something they might not be able to make it out if they're selected. I suppose the whole thing would be pretty difficult to coordinate.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose there would be problems with people not being able to go if they win. If they live in California or something they might not be able to make it out if they're selected. I suppose the whole thing would be pretty difficult to coordinate.

the packers ticket office isn't coordinating flights for these people. It really is quite simple. Whoever wins has to either confirm if they will be there or if they can't make it, hope they get drawn for tickets again in their lifetime. I think the people that couldn't make it, especially with sufficient notice (months in advance in the off-season) would be minimal and the goodwill you would bring people who get selected would be enough in itself to make this a good idea.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Not really, You draw numbers, Notify the winners well in advance of the start of the season. If people cant make it you just keep going down the list until all the seats are spoken for. Seats are claimed at the Stadium ticket office. If someone cant't make it at the last minute they go up for public sale.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok, everybody write Mark about this idea, they have two years to implement. the odds of getting a seat would still be very long but at least there would be the hope at the start of each season. something to carry you thru those empty months of winter.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers fans have responded enthusiastically to the organization’s fifth stock offering by purchasing more than 185,000 shares in the first two days, Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy reported Thursday.

All of you who were waiting until the 16th to buy better get on your horses!

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup..but they are adding 6000 or so...

Again what about the people that have been waiting for YEARS to get a chance at seats? Because they couldnt afford a piece of paper, they are out of the lottery for the stock people?

I am not on any ones said, I am just pointing out the flaws or issues that would come up
Yes - I have been on the waiting list since 1978.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can always look for tickets on ebay. They end up a little expensive sometimes, but at least you would get to a game at some point. But, yes, I think it is all season tickets. You cannot walk up to a window and buy a ticket.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that I think anyone is still worrying but there is no chance that you will get fined for ever saying anything. Considering this stock can be given as a gift and you don't have to give any information other than a name then it would impossible to figure out who to fine. Basically what I am trying to say is people could gift stock to every nfl analyst on espn or on any radio station and then they "could" get fined. It will never happen and I am fairly certain that there is some sort of % ownership required for this to take effect anyway, like 1% or something.
We are not really "owners" in the traditional sense of the word. Yes, we have legally purchased shares, but there is no way for the NFL to monitor 350,000 Packers "owners" to see if they have said anything wrong!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wow if that is all thats left that is pretty dang good, glad I got mine when I did.

gopackgo12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Canadian really sucks. Beyond depressed right now. I've been frantically looking for a way to buy some stock but can't find anything. Worst part is I live on the American border, and have access to a mailing address, but it seems that my Canadian credit card just won't work.
If anyone can help me out, I'd be forever grateful!

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Canadian really sucks. Beyond depressed right now. I've been frantically looking for a way to buy some stock but can't find anything. Worst part is I live on the American border, and have access to a mailing address, but it seems that my Canadian credit card just won't work.

Ask whoever lives at the American mailing address to buy it for you and you will pay them back. They can then gift the stock to you.

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of you who were waiting until the 16th to buy better get on your horses!

Mark Murphy said that they are going to extend the sale if they sell out. There are actually 880,000 shares that are available to be sold if necessary.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Send me a PM.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am officially a Canadian Packer stock holder, thanks to one very kind American GB fan. Go Pack!

Glad you found someone, and am VERY happy for you, and quite everyone other Packer fan out there, other fans that bought Packers stock for the sake of it, ummmmmmmmmmm, yeah thanks for the donation.

Members online

Latest posts