OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for all you previous shareholders. do they sell special frames in the shareholder only section of the packer pro shop.
I found the attached frame on ebay, which looks nice:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't know whether or not the link will work, but here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...3?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab1a7f86b

Otherwise to find it, go to ebay and search for : Green Bay Packers Stock Certificate 2011 Frame With Official Team

Here is the mat only that I mentioned before. The guy says he can cut it to fit the 8X12 size for the stock:

and here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350513141460&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
or go to ebay and search for
Green Bay Packers HORIZONTAL 8x10 Suede Matting for Frame BRAND NEW
You will need to contact the seller and tell him you need it cut to fit the stock certificate. The size shown above will not fit correctly. Then ask him what size frame to buy to fit the mat.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I found the attached frame on ebay, which looks nice:

I don't know whether or not the link will work, but here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...3?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab1a7f86b

Otherwise to find it, go to ebay and search for : Green Bay Packers Stock Certificate 2011 Frame With Official Team Colors
Yeah I saw this on amazon. The guy who rated it said the 97 one had a commemorative plate. I am just wondering it the pro shop is going to do one but this one isn't bad.

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally got my confirmation email last night, but it was wierd how it happened. I had been checking my mail every few hours, and then, just happened to scroll down and the email had "snuck" in at the time I ordered the stock, even though it hadn't been there all day. May want to check that out. As far as the $25 handling fee, I understand it and expected it. While some might find it to be ridiculous, you have to remember that Wells Fargo has to make money for handling the sale, so it's basically like a "commission" paid to the company for every transaction made. There is no way that the sale would happen without something like that, because the team needs a financial institution to do this in the first place. In other words, the $25 isn't just for the envelope, postage and someone stuffing the certificate in the envelope.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
February 29th with the possibility of an extension, or till they sell out. I think we may see a huge decline in sales the next few days.
Bloomberg reported that in the first 11 min 400k shares were sold, I know a bunch of us were in that. They also say that mark Murphy states if they were to sell out they would extend the sale and sell more stock. That would mean they would have to do a split again. I can't recall the last time they split but I think it was 10 or 100 to 1 shares. That would be cool.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...000-in-stock-in-first-11-minutes-of-sale.html

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I finally got my confirmation email last night, but it was wierd how it happened. I had been checking my mail every few hours, and then, just happened to scroll down and the email had "snuck" in at the time I ordered the stock, even though it hadn't been there all day. May want to check that out. As far as the $25 handling fee, I understand it and expected it. While some might find it to be ridiculous, you have to remember that Wells Fargo has to make money for handling the sale, so it's basically like a "commission" paid to the company for every transaction made. There is no way that the sale would happen without something like that, because the team needs a financial institution to do this in the first place. In other words, the $25 isn't just for the envelope, postage and someone stuffing the certificate in the envelope.
yeah, 116k shares in the first 11 min, I am sure the first hour their servers were blasted and crashed. Glad I'm not the Admin there. Robdog could have fixed it. although I noticed about 5 this morning we had our own problems. This thread probably crashed these servers;)

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bloomberg reported that in the first 11 min 400k shares were sold, I know a bunch of us were in that. They also say that mark Murphy states if they were to sell out they would extend the sale and sell more stock. That would mean they would have to do a split again. I can't recall the last time they split but I think it was 10 or 100 to 1 shares. That would be cool.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...000-in-stock-in-first-11-minutes-of-sale.html

Interesting tidbit about the link you posted realCAcheese:

The stock does not pay dividends or appreciate in value, and shareholders technically could be fined by the league for violating terms of NFL ownership. Shareholders could be fined up to $500,000 by league commissioner Roger Goodell for conduct detrimental to the welfare of the league -- including “publicly criticizing any NFL member club or its management” -- and up to $5,000 if they bet on the outcome of NFL games, according to the terms of the stock.

Does this mean, saying "Jermichael Finley has hands of stone." on a public forum constitute a violation?

Or what about visiting Vegas and placing a few bucks on the Pack is out of the question?

or closer to home,

what about the weekly office pool: picking NFL winners. hmmmmmm.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The stock does not pay dividends or appreciate in value, and shareholders technically could be fined by the league for violating terms of NFL ownership. Shareholders could be fined up to $500,000 by league commissioner Roger Goodell for conduct detrimental to the welfare of the league -- including “publicly criticizing any NFL member club or its management” -- and up to $5,000 if they bet on the outcome of NFL games, according to the terms of the stock.

Does this mean, saying "Jermichael Finley has hands of stone." on a public forum constitute a violation?

Or what about visiting Vegas and placing a few bucks on the Pack is out of the question?

or closer to home,

I posted about this earlier in this thread

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, 116k shares in the first 11 min, I am sure the first hour their servers were blasted and crashed. Glad I'm not the Admin there. Robdog could have fixed it. although I noticed about 5 this morning we had our own problems. This thread probably crashed these servers;)

Bloomberg reported that in the first 11 min 400k shares were sold, I know a bunch of us were in that.

The numbers I read were $400,000 WORTH of stock, which is 1600 shares.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok, so I know a guy who makes packer things by hand. a real wood working craftsman. I am about to post pictures of some of his work for people to contact him if they would like to order something from him. I am giving his stuff as gifts to people who helped me with the tailgate. here is a sample of a desk organizer he has almost completed for me. you can see from the bottom how solid this has been built. To the left are a couple of business card holders I will be sending, you can't see the 3D G on the top.

anyway I was going to commission him to make a frame for me. based on what is being sold on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...3?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab1a7f86b

If you could have a frame made for your stock what would you want it to look like, would you like a brass plaque on the bottom and what would you like it to say? any other ideas. Finding the right matting is going to be the tricky part if I even go with matting.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I am an owner at 22. I will put that on my resume.
"So I see it says that you are a part owner. What are you a part owner of might I ask?" - Employer
"The Green Bay Packers" - Me
"Hired!" - Employer

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so I know a guy who makes packer things by hand. a real wood working craftsman. I am about to post pictures of some of his work for people to contact him if they would like to order something from him. I am giving his stuff as gifts to people who helped me with the tailgate. here is a sample of a desk organizer he has almost completed for me. you can see from the bottom how solid this has been built. To the left are a couple of business card holders I will be sending, you can't see the 3D G on the top.

anyway I was going to commission him to make a frame for me. based on what is being sold on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...3?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab1a7f86b

If you could have a frame made for your stock what would you want it to look like, would you like a brass plaque on the bottom and what would you like it to say? any other ideas. Finding the right matting is going to be the tricky part if I even go with matting.

this is very cool, I would definitely be interested in a custom frame from your friend and would also be interested in other things he makes. Does he have a website?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

or closer to home,

Could they suspend me for 2 games and take away my Sunday ticket?????

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

No website but I will post some pic's and and email after I find out from Robdog what the rules are and where I should post it.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could they suspend me for 2 games and take away my Sunday ticket?????

it was all in the offering document in the NFL rules section (looks like most people didn't read it). A whole bunch of stuff about not being able to own another team, lend players/coaches/other teams money, publicly criticizing players/coaches/refs/other NFL employees. All that type of stuff technically can get you fined up to $500,000 and/or make you return your stock (@$0.025 per share). Betting on ANY NFL game can get you a fine of up to $5000 and/or make you sell your stock @ $0.025 per share.

All that said, I would say it's extremely likely any of this would be enforced for you or I, but would be interesting for someone like Gruden or any other commentator that may have bought shares. Just because of the PR fiasco, NFL would never punish you for a work pool (or even on these forums). Lending players money might be another story.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
it was all in the offering document in the NFL rules section (looks like most people didn't read it). A whole bunch of stuff about not being able to own another team, lend players/coaches/other teams money, publicly criticizing players/coaches/refs/other NFL employees. All that type of stuff technically can get you fined up to $500,000 and/or make you return your stock (@$0.025 per share). Betting on ANY NFL game can get you a fine of up to $5000 and/or make you sell your stock @ $0.025 per share.

All that said, I would say it's extremely likely any of this would be enforced for you or I, but would be interesting for someone like Gruden or any other commentator that may have bought shares. Just because of the PR fiasco, NFL would never punish you for a work pool (or even on these forums). Lending players money might be another story.
Yeah I read it all, Can you imagine the PR nightmare the NFL would have if they came after a common fan. It would have to be some pretty extraordinary circumstances like your were running a bookie ring. I guess I better give up my book:cool:

OP
OP
M

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I have not seen discussed is what happens if something were to happen to your stock certificate somewhere down the road. If years from now, your dog ate it, someone stole it, got lost in a fire, etc etc., could you have it replaced at a cost?

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right - like any of us have enough money that one of the players would need to borrow from us:)

Members online