Studs

Rogers (Still owning the Bears)
Jones and Adams doing what they do best
Dillon - still getting better
Lewis - proving he can still do it when required
Stokes - nothing spectacular but coming along nicely
Clark - those 2 sacks helped consolidate the victory

Duds

Red Zone defense - It's got to be psychological.
Officials a couple of dodgy decisions

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Our TE group (apart from Big Dog) couldn’t block Quinn worth a hoot. He embarrassed Tonyan, obliterating him -4 yards backwards into Dillon on a handoff for loss. He needs more initial attitude if he’s going to be counted on to block in the run game
I have no idea why Tonyan would be asked to block a LB at all let alone Quinn who is known for his pass rushing skills. To me, that is more of a scheme and coaching mistake. Sure, you can point out how bad Tonyan is at blocking, but everyone knows it is not his strength to begin with. Heck, the guy was a QB in college. Again, I would question the initial set up that puts him in that place and not necessarily the player.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always seems like a good thread for such thoughts, but saw some good signs of what is building hopefully Sunday:

- Garvin appears to be clicking more and more, and I don't think many realize how crucial this is with Z out and Rivers now as well.
- Dillon continues to illustrate just how strong he is, but like many of us screamed the young man had hands - watch out, dude has shiftiness as well.
- Lowry at times looks like what he was years ago

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lowry has never looked like anything special. Glad he had a good game though.

This is false, when he was young and the team gambled on his what appeared like a solid contract for an up and comer he was very productive. He merely has underperformed his contract since then.

Krabs

Reaction score
This is false, when he was young and the team gambled on his what appeared like a solid contract for an up and comer he was very productive. He merely has underperformed his contract since then.
He got his contract on potential. I wouldn't agree with "very productive". I knew when they signed him to a big deal it was a mistake.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea why Tonyan would be asked to block a LB at all let alone Quinn who is known for his pass rushing skills. To me, that is more of a scheme and coaching mistake. Sure, you can point out how bad Tonyan is at blocking, but everyone knows it is not his strength to begin with. Heck, the guy was a QB in college. Again, I would question the initial set up that puts him in that place and not necessarily the player.
Agree. I'm seeing more empty backfield sets than I prefer. Once in a while is ok, but LaFleur has been using it quite a bit the last two games and I think it's a bad recipe.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Lowry played well yesterday. One of his more impactful games imo. Will be interesting to see how he grades out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did play a good game yesterday and had a couple pretty big impact plays. he's strange to me in that he clearly CAN play pretty well. he seems to be a pretty grounded guy with good mental fortitude, work ethic etc. Guys like that are usually pretty consistent, but he hasn't been. At least as it appears to me. But yesterday was a very good game for him. If we can get that ever week, i'm a happy man.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got his contract on potential. I wouldn't agree with "very productive". I knew when they signed him to a big deal it was a mistake.

His role in the defense in 2018 was very productive, look beyond the stats - which were still quite solid. Had he even just continued the strength of 2018 with zero progression one could argue easily contract was solid and not expensive for what you would have gotten. The issue is he regressed IMO at least, and many others.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud

Clark-Putting the D on his back and taking over when it mattered most. Those consecutive sacks were incredible.

Lowry-He has come to life and become a wrecking ball. I think KC's dominance makes the game easier for him

Garvin-Out of nowhere

Lazard getting involved

Rodgers on final drive-Vintage

Jones/Dillon

Punter

Campbell is becoming a regular here

EQ honorable mention for blocks and great catch. That PI was such soft nonsense that you NEVER see called. It negated a great route, catch, and Rodgers's best throw of the game

Dud

Deguara-Still don't understand what he does well at all. He seems utterly useless.

Tonyan

OL miscommunications-Hicks should never blast through untouched

Playcalling was really stale and obvious at times.

Losing contain on Fields a few times by overrunning him. Need to clean this up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lowry has never looked like anything special. Glad he had a good game though.

No, but there were times when he looked a lot more impactful than he has in recent seasons, and I agree with the point you're responding to-- he looks a lot better this season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea why Tonyan would be asked to block a LB at all let alone Quinn who is known for his pass rushing skills.
I wonder if Tonyan is thinking to much about his route after the block and does not stay with the block long enough. He should be told that his primary responsibility is the block. imho

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
JK Scott was overheard mumbling "watch...this guy isn't better than me..." After the punt, nobody has heard from him again.

This was actually punted about 100 yards if you take into account where Bojo punted from and where the ball ended up.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First quarter play and offensive play calling. I'm blaming the coaches for these poor 1st quarters we've been seeing.
i'm with you. these are the scripted calls, and the packers have been known in the recent past to score on a high percentage of opening drives. whoever is scripting these opening drives is not doing their job.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JK Scott was overheard mumbling "watch...this guy isn't better than me..." After the punt, nobody has heard from him again.

This was actually punted about 100 yards if you take into account where Bojo punted from and where the ball ended up.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bojo has been just flat incredible. Sign him to a 10 year extension for all I care - just keep him here. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bojo has been just flat incredible. Sign him to a 10 year extension for all I care - just keep him here. :D
Agreed. He had the one semi-shank in Cincy, other than that the guy is exactly what you want in a punter. That was even a low snap on his 82 yard boomer, which quite often can throw the punters rhythm off and result in a rushed/bad punt. Your punter should be capable of flipping the field and he more that did that from the Packer 18 yesterday. JK probably shanks that one out at the Packers 30.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm with you. these are the scripted calls, and the packers have been known in the recent past to score on a high percentage of opening drives. whoever is scripting these opening drives is not doing their job.
That first drive we held on to the ball for a pretty long time and I am happy about that. It kind of takes the other D out of the game. Not so much adrenaline.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder why Buffalo let him go.

He injured his shoulder and went on IR in 2018, 2019 he kicked fairly good and 2020...but Bills elected to go with Haack in off season.

Rams is where he came from and they just had another All Pro punter there.

Who cares though, dude is doing awesome for sure!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He injured his shoulder and went on IR in 2018, 2019 he kicked fairly good and 2020...but Bills elected to go with Haack in off season.

Rams is where he came from and they just had another All Pro punter there.

Who cares though, dude is doing awesome for sure!
I could understand why the Rams let him go. Haack must be very good.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great job by the Packs to put it to the Bears. Aron got it done with his O arsenal. D did it's job despite going up against a lackluster Bear's O. Bottom line is they got it done.

With that said...State farm probably lost whatever Bears customers they had with that "I own you" remark. LOL

With this rivalry game behind us we can get some rest this week and focus on those red birds.

Btw...is having a red bird as a mascot offensive to birds?

Last edited:

Krabs

Reaction score
Great job by the Packs to put it to the Bears. Aron got it done with his O arsenal. D did it's job despite going up against a lackluster Bear's O. Bottom line is they got it done.

With that said...State farm probably lost whatever Bears customers they had with that "I own you" remark. LOL

With this rivalry game behind us we can get some rest this week and focus on those red birds.

Btw...is having a red bird as a mascot offensive to birds?
I have some Cardinal friends. They often say, "here come the Cards. Watch out for your birdseed!"

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Every time I thought "pass here" they ran. Every time I though "run here" they passed. It improved from there but we look very predictable at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts