Official Studs n Duds Da Bears

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Clark - chasing fields for 2 sacks in a row? Are you kidding me?!?!
Coaching staff (offense and defense). Great adjustments on the fly - lot of missing parts but we keep rolling along.
Adams - every week
Dillon - looking better and better
Aaron Jones - tough running
Campbell - played great
DBs- despite down 2 CBs the rest picked up the slack. Especially Stokes. Only saw 1 pass he gave up on coverage issue.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers
Jones
Dillon
Adams
Clark
Bojorquez- an 82 yard punt?
Defense when not in the red zone

Duds
Red zone defense. The defense has been better than I expected overall, but at some point they have to figure out how to stop opposing offenses in the red zone. We won't get away with it forever. So far, in 15 trips to the red zone this season, they have 15 touchdowns. That's terrible.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I like to make it simple so
Stud: a packer 5th straight win, with some outstanding stud players
Dud:lets face it that red zone D has to get better, middle of the field big plays, ST needs some shake up, Barry, no Cobb

Reaction score
STUDS:

DEFENSE
Give me a D that holds an opponent to 7 points per half and I’ll give you a team that deserves an ovation.

Rodgers using his full arsenal of weapons (head, arm and legs)
Bojo - what does a Punt Returner do when the ball travels 10 yards over his head? Answer let it roll 82 yards!

Jones-Dillon-Rodgers combined for a smooth 150 yards rushing on a stout Bears front ranked 12th against the Run

Clark. Huge game. 2 sacks +2 TFL + 2 QB hits

Davante being Davante-ish

OL great blocking and very disciplined crew overall

Duds:

ST coverage unit looks dull

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Adams, Jones, Dillon, Rodgers and I'm even throwing the Big Dawg in there for all the dirty work with a few big catches. On Defense, i'm giving it to the defense. Our Redzone must improve, but they were down a lot and after a poor start they just got it done as a unit. Clark is probably an individual stud. Heck if Lowry would have gotten him down that last time, he'd have a stud from me too. he had some good run defenses and put some pressure on in the pass game too. Good game from him. and also a Stud to whoever yanked Yiadom and replaced him with a new guy who looks like he might like to play football.

Duds, redzone D, Yiadom, and the insufferable, miserable, trollish fans. You know who you are.

Impressive defense. I smell an embarrassing blowout.
Did you crap your pants again? Because that's what it smells like again. Unless you have some reverse psychology going on and this is your way of helping? In which case i will name you a stud, because this is 2 weeks in a row after a 3 week hiatus. Never showing up when things are well, only to throw your special vodoo on the team in a way only you can. But if it's not that, go find some joy in life.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:

DEFENSE
Give me a D that holds an opponent to 7 points per half and I’ll give you a team that deserves an ovation.

It's one of those things that isn't pretty, maybe even a bit lackluster but when it's all said and done, you look at the scoreboard and have to give them credit. Especially with the injury woes on that side of the ball.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Garvin, Lowry, Clark on defense. Rodgers, Jones, Dillon, Adams, Lazard on offense. Bojo with the 82 yd punt.

Duds: kick off coverage. Red zone defense.

Special dud to to the officiating crew. Missed obvious off sides call on the Savage pick. PI on ESB was egregious. Bogus holding penalty on Bears C that wiped out a TD. Just when you think it can't get any worse.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: Aaron Jones, man he is quick
DeVante, he makes big plays
Lazard, nice TD running over someone and catching what is thrown to him
Amari, looked very fast in limited appearance. Looked good on a punt return.
LaFleur for calling a time out to make sure a 3 man rush wasn't called
ARod, spreading it around. Giving the Super Bowl sign.
Kenny Clark, he really looked quick on those sacks
Rasul Douglas, he played well
Garvin, looked good
Corey Bojorquez

Duds: special teams just does not look good on kickoffs.
Hate to say it but Burks. He whiffed once and I don't know. He has speed. Maybe he can turn it around.
Burning time outs. One each half.

Comments: The bear QB impressed me. He may be around for awhile.
Barnes is better than Jaylon Smith.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, the real quote is even better: "I've owned you all my ****ing life! I own you, I still own you!" according to Andrew Brandt. HAHAHA

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - run blocking was terrific against another stout defense. Running backs did a great job of getting extra yards after contact. They are a tough duo to keep bottled up. No dropped passes. Very efficient offense today. Good defense from the entire unit today. Kenny Clark for two big sacks during crunch time.

Duds - First quarter play and offensive play calling. I'm blaming the coaches for these poor 1st quarters we've been seeing. Special teams coverage units are still terrible. Tackling by many of our DB's is terrible. Savage, Alexander, King all don't tackle correctly. They hit headfirst with shoulders and head and don't arm wrap. The coaches need to get that garbage fixed.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Rodgers - There was an undertone going on for this game. I noticed a few late tackles and yapping going on. He responded with a super showing. Showed a lot of leadership and put an exclamation point on it. This is a very good young defense in Chicago, and he tromped all over them.

Aaron Jones - had Chicago guessing how he was going to gash them.

AJ Dillon - continues to compliment the running game rumbling with power, excellent compliment to Jones.

Kenny Clark - two sacks sealed the fate of an offense that sputtered down the stretch.

Lazard - getting involved in the passing game with sure hands and great routes.

Campbell - did a great job reading this game, showed discipline on contain.

Bojorquez - absolute rocket leg and flipped the field.

Garvin - don't look now but he is starting to have an impact on pressures.

Mercedes Lewis - he was called upon and made some steady contributions on offense.

Duds:

Khalil Hill - needs to be more disciplined and not retaliate - growing pains.

Yiadom - appeared lost and two steps late.

Greg Olsen - the worst homer in the booth I have ever heard - it got to the point where I was laughing listening to what if's and excuses. Get a different gig that doesn't have Chicago, Carolina, or Seattle playing in the game.

Officiating - blind man ghosting at times, OPI(19), Phantom holding(Lancaster??? lol!) What is going on in the NFL with these crews? It evened out but embarrassing.

All in all, the defensive secondary survived with a patch job and showed just how good Mr. All World Rookie QB was. Loved to see the fire in 12 burning brightly - Now Do THAT to Tampa!!! Signature win and multi-faceted. Our kick return unit was dreadful, needs a lot of tweaking. Tough stretch of games coming up. 5-1 looks very good!

Last edited:

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week will be an easy win at home against Washington but then we could be looking at 2 straight losses on the road. Hopefully we come out firing in both the AZ and KC game.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is missing so many good players at KEY positions, and they keep winning. You just have to be happy about this.

If they go into Arizona next Thursday and win, I'm sipping the kool-aid again.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Aaron Jones is so good at football + special teams / redzone defense is still impossibly bad

Reaction score
Stud:
If Someone already mentioned it forgive me but honorable mention to Dean Lowry with 5Tackles 1 Sack, 1QBhit, 1 TFL.
He absolutely destroyed his man on that sack, pushing him all the way into the QB. Herbert nearly wiggled out, but nada.. that stalled that drive.

WR blocking looked good on replay. Lazard, Adams, EQ all got involved. Shout out to EQ that was an impressive TD. Idc what the ref said it was a phantom call. That showed an athleticism I haven't witnessed from him and it was bordering on impressive.

Dud:
Royce Newman looked confused at times. At least twice he let a Defender walk by him untouched as he scanned the field seemingly lost… and both were sacks and one cost us a FG try. One was a flip script stunt that Turner played well but Newman whiffed. The other just poor anticipation. I know he’s young, but he had tough day. Elgton played good overall and loved seeing him celebrate with Rodgers TD scramble.

Our TE group (apart from Big Dog) couldn’t block Quinn worth a hoot. He embarrassed Tonyan, obliterating him -4 yards backwards into Dillon on a handoff for loss. He needs more initial attitude if he’s going to be counted on to block in the run game

Last edited:

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree - but on the flip side, I wanna throw a stud to Lucas Patrick, who came in as a backup and really stonewalled dudes time and again at center, and a couple times absolutely buried his man on some runs.

Members online

Latest posts