Official studs and duds in Seattle 2018

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am truly amazed at all of the MM defenders that are trying to blame Rodgers for this team's failings. I mean, just look at Aaron Jones; barely played until week 8 and now look at what he's doing. It's probable that the Packers would have a better record if MM had been willing to just give the third best offensive player on the team more than 25% of the offensive snaps a game.

All I did was respond to a post essentially accusing MM of wasting timeouts by asking who was responsible for calling all those timeouts. I agree that Jones should have been playing more from the very point he was able. Maybe its Jones who calls the timeouts.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I did was respond to a post essentially accusing MM of wasting timeouts by asking who was responsible for calling all those timeouts. I agree that Jones should have been playing more from the very point he was able. Maybe its Jones who calls the timeouts.
be careful asking questions, you'll get labeled

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's the math that calls the timeouts. :D

And my apologies for misinterpreting your question; I'm disoriented and confused that suddenly Aaron freaking Rodgers is suddenly this year's Dom Capers according to many.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And my apologies for misinterpreting your question; I'm disoriented and confused that suddenly Aaron freaking Rodgers is suddenly this year's Dom Capers according to many.

You think that because you're disoriented and confused, not the other way around. Nobody is even coming close to saying that. that's the extreme view extremists take. I guess on the other hand of the spectrum we have those that Think Rodgers is not playing his part in this and its everyone else that's failing him on Sundays.

It's been the mantra for years. Everyone fails Rodgers. Everyone. The coaches, the schemes, the receivers, the RB's the oline, the GM, everyone has failed him and kept him from winning a super bowl. Some now are merely pointing out, he's certainly playing his role in losing NOW. and he is. Don't fool yourself.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think that because you're disoriented and confused, not the other way around. Nobody is even coming close to saying that. that's the extreme view extremists take. I guess on the other hand of the spectrum we have those that Think Rodgers is not playing his part in this and its everyone else that's failing him on Sundays.

It's been the mantra for years. Everyone fails Rodgers. Everyone. The coaches, the schemes, the receivers, the RB's the oline, the GM, everyone has failed him and kept him from winning a super bowl. Some now are merely pointing out, he's certainly playing his role in losing NOW. and he is. Don't fool yourself.

I'm pretty sure that some have compared him to Favre when Favre was throwing more INTs than TDs and that many are blaming these losses on his inability to checkdown while defending MM's role in the losses pretty vociferously. That's kind of how it played out for Capers as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We keep trying to pin point the offense problems, maybe its just all of the above. MM scheme and play calling, Rodgers decision making...protecting from the pick...almost to a fault. and the young WR corps...just not ready yet. its the sum of all things, thats why its hard to fix.

Don't forget Danica!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
other than pointing out that players aren't making plays that are there to be made, I don't see hardly anybody vociferously defending MM anywhere around here. quite a few are blaming the losing on leaving receivers open underneath and taking throwaways or sacks repeatedly in games as his contribution to losing, yes.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No problem. It wasn't total misinterpretation on your part either. I must admit it was kind of a shot at Rodgers for taking the clock all the way down too many times. I don't think I am MM apologist, nor an AR blamer. I think there is more than enough blame for the two of them and many others to share. I will say this, if they can't get along and one of them has to go I would prefer it to be McCarthy for several reasons. One is salary cap, I'm not sure exactly what the ramifications would be next season if we could find a trade partner but I'm not sure we could anyway. Second is I still think Rodgers is one of the best QBs in the game today. If he ever gets his head on straight (which means playing like I want him to :D) he can be nearly unbeatable. I doubt we could replace him with someone of equal caliber that easily. Third, I do think MM's game has become stale. We need an infusion of new excitement and new ideas to perk things up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

5 Thumbs up and a Gold star for use of that word! I'm adding it to my daily vocabulary!
I can’t take credit for that one. Smartassery on the other hand, that’s mine. But Sunshine brought this one to the board, I just copied

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can’t take credit for that one. Smartassery on the other hand, that’s mine. But Sunshine brought this one to the board, I just copied
I looked up "smartassery" and found it in the Urban dictionary with this expample.....love it!

"I'm tired of falling victim to your smartassery" "Shut up, you love it, you're just jealous because all you have is dumbassery."

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about this...Rodgers=Brees Adams>thomas and Jones...a poor mans Kamara, kinda everything is close. should we steal saints playbook...problem with that is MM would not use it. How about kidnapping sean payton and putting him in a MM Halloween costume vs Vikings?

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is THE dud that lost the game. He just told everyone that he believes more in a gassed, depleted defense that saw 3 or 4 starters leave the game due to injury than he does in Rodgers gaining 2 yards.

He further solidifies my pick by not challenging the obvious no catch.

He makes ~$6 million a year to manage the game, he has failed to manage most games this season.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that it's a byproduct of an offense that relies too heavily on receivers beating man coverage and does a poor job at times of scheming players open.

In his defense, this is a passing league, and zone coverage is only so effective when most teams are sending 4 or even 5 guys out to catch a pass. Veterans like Edleman, Jordy, Landry, Thielen, etc will go out and instinctively find the soft spot in coverage and play pitch and catch all game long. I'd have to search for the article but I remember there was one that mentioned Belichick having a conversation with his newly drafted DBs saying, "You will play man, and you will tackle." I'm not saying zone doesn't work anymore in the NFL, but generally, you're going to scheme that against teams who run the ball a ton with a premier RB, heavy play action, or a QB with a less than stellar arm(Lookin at you Cowboys).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that some have compared him to Favre when Favre was throwing more INTs than TDs and that many are blaming these losses on his inability to checkdown while defending MM's role in the losses pretty vociferously. That's kind of how it played out for Capers as well.
Perhaps but some of that may simply be an unconscious effort to counter those that think he walks on water.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

5 Thumbs up and a Gold star for use of that word! I'm adding it to my daily vocabulary!
My wife is an AP English teacher... someday I’ll give you a list of the words she drops when we are having an argument. ”verisimilitude” anyone?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My wife is an AP English teacher... someday I’ll give you a list of the words she drops when we are having an argument. ”verisimilitude” anyone?
Sometimes its fun to use "big" words and watch the other person start cocking their head like a Golden Retriever wondering WTF you are saying.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Fackrell
Davonte

Dud: Injury Bug - played most of 2nd half with waiver wire and UDFA rookies in the secondary.
Godgers (AR12) C'mon guy take what they're giving you.
Did MVS play?

Stud: Fackrell

Dud: Rodgers, the cry baby crap is getting old, fix it already and don't make me watch you cry all game! WR/TEs aside from Tonyan. So a rookie with 0 catches knows to get open but the rest don't? That's player intelligence and giving up on your team mates.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think that's a bit over the top. I think people are saying he's not without blame these days. If he over or under throws a ball, it's hardly the receivers fault. And you have to admit he holds the ball far too long at times and gets sacked. Teams seem to know we are not really a running team and defend accordingly. Rodgers HAS to take some of the blame.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Can I just say as a moderator....your antidisestablishmentarianism is a credit to you all. I've been waiting to use that word for years :p

Members online

Latest posts