1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Official Rodgers Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bensalama21, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Or when Megatron is going to go off for 350 yards receiving

2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,426
    You just hitched yourself to the wrong wagon

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +173
    Does anyone else see an issue with promoting Scott Tolzien to the regular roster? Is he ready to play if Wallace goes down or are we going to be worse off then when AR went down? Why not keep him on PS, so we can keep him for next year and bring in Flynn or someone with more game experience. Because once AR comes back, are we keeping 3 QB's on active roster and will we be able to get Tolzien back on the PS at that time?

Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    ESPN, FOX Sports, KFAN Radio, ESPN Radio and Jay Glazer all reporting Aaron Rodgers likely, after initial reports, now more likely to miss 4-6 weeks with the latter seeming more realistic. That said I believe his timetable for a return at this point in the season is going to depend on how the Packers do going forward. If we can win our next two games without A-Rod, I think he stays on the mend and gets healed for playoff time.

If on the other hand we lose our next two games, I think he hurries his return regardless of how he feels- Aaron Rodgers with one arm is better than most QB's with both arms, so regardless of how comfortable he is, I still feel he gives this team the best chance to win.

Whatever the case, in my opinion, Seneca Wallace can't do this. Say what you will about the man not playing in pre-season or getting any snaps during practice, he looks absolutely uncomfortable every passing play and that was with an amazing run game- imagine the same scenario when our run game isn't getting the same success. We need to either bring in Flynn, sign a seasoned veteran in the FA market, or start Scott Tolzien who the Packers seem pretty optimistic about.

5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I'm just repeating what I heard from ESPN radio on xm radio this morning at 0530am. Besides, they did say 3 - 6 weeks...... notice the "3" in there.

6. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +173
    if we weren't heading towards the playoffs....or at least a good shot at them.....I would agee with Tolzien given the starting job, but I think that wouldn't help us in the short term. Keep him on the PS and sign Flynn or another veteran. Which is what we well probably see happen if Wallace looks bad against the Eagles.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,956
    Not knocking you..

Just crazy that everyone seems to have a different take on this

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I hear ya..... it's all speculation, just have to go with what an actual source says. Besides, we have the worst luck and then again you have to be extra cautious with a star QB. So I could see him sitting out 6+ weeks for this.....besides he does take a lot of hits and thats all we would need is to bring him back to soon only to have it turn from a fracture to a solid break. No thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +995
    As usual, nobody outside of the team has any idea of the exact nature of the injury. But I'd be surprised if the fracture isn't treated with an Exogen ultrasonic device that has been shown to speed fresh fracture healing by 40% in many cases. If the normal healing time is 8 weeks for a clavicle fracture, that would mean it could heal in 5 weeks or so. It could be quicker if the fracture is truly undisplaced. So, maybe 4 weeks. I suspect that is the time period we're looking at.

10. Hjalmar Davidson

Hjalmar Davidson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    I'm surprised how little faith everyone has in the coaching staff and Seneca Wallace. I dont see the monday night game as a good example to judge a QB on. Obviously the man did not play very well, he admitted that. His passes were not accurate or well timed. However, he kept his poise and gave the team a chance to win the game. Isn't that what a back-up is suppose to do ? When you lose your starting QB the rest of the team needs to step up. Thats what was missing. We had our chance to win the game and couldnt get it done. The last thing we need is a rookie QB. Oh yee of little faith....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    When you take a teams General away from it's troops, they lose leadership and direction. This is why I have little faith right now:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm

You can't sugar coat a turd by putting him in a better uniform....underneath he is still a turd, just frosted now.

12. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,426
    No, because we need a backup and I'm not sure that we have any options that are indisputably better.

Here is a good article about QB development, for all of you that love to say that MM's "quarterback school" sucks. It's not all sunshine and rainbows in the NFL, only in the minds of forum members:
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Why-the-QB-vacuum.html

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Whatthehellsgoinonouthere

Whatthehellsgoinonouthere Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62

Wallace gave up 4 or 5 sacks because he wasn't smart enough to get rid of the ball, and one (The scramble to the sideline) was a complete and total joke. Any QB not smart enough to realize 0 yards is better than negative yards scares me! And yes I realize it's something Aaron does too at times, but Senecca did it more in a smaller sampling, and he's been in the league longer than Aaron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    What evidence do you have that Tolzien is up to the task that Mike McCarthy doesn't? I'm sure if he's the better option he'll start.

15. narmer2000

narmer2000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

I agree. Before we start wrist cutting maybe see how things play out the next few games. Wallace hadnt had a snap since 2011 so Im sure he was rusty as hell. The defense's poor schemes, missed assigments and the inability to make plays when needed was the real gaff in this game..particulary Brad Jones. I say he goes to special teams an Lattimore gets the starting nod. You put up 20 points at home you would hope you would win.

16. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    I've seen numerous articles written on this and from what I understand, it doesn't matter if he broke it in half or if he just hairline cracked it, the recovery is 4-6 weeks. Period.

If Rodgers is back for the Lions game, then they are rushing it. Everyone heals differently I suppose, but bone healing time is what it is. There's no way to help it along. It just takes time. For everyone.

The scary part is, and I saw this written too, that they may all be viewing this not as a career or franchise QB threatening issue if he goes out and snaps it clean in half and has to have surgery. He would still be ready to go, fully healthy for training camp next year. So, they may chance it and put him back out there early so long as he can deal with the pain. Not to mention it's his non throwing shoulder.

My only fear is that he is going to try to get back for the Lions game, and that defensive front scares the crap out of me with Rodgers nursing a partially healed collarbone. Dunno, we'll see what happens. Obviously nobody knows at this point. We are all just guessing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,426
    All that I can say is that when my buddy got his butt kicked in his early 20s, he could barely move his upper body for weeks and was in tremendous pain...self-medicinally-medicated if I remember right :whistling:. Rodgers jogged without wincing into the locker room on Monday night. Yesterday he was going through all of the throwing motions, mirroring Seneca Wallace in practice, but without throwing the actual ball.

I think that the guy is ahead of the curve but I guess that we'll see.

18. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    BREAKING: The Packers plan to work out Matt Flynn in the near future: Date is unknown right now.

Was Matt Flynn sucking it up on the other teams fate for him to come back to the Pack to do well? Time will tell!!!

19. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +238
    Let's calm down the gloom and doom a bit. Rodgers will be back before the season is over or lost. The injury is to his non-throwing shoulder. Not his passing arm or legs so when he's back he'll be the same old ARod. Maybe by Thanksgiving at Detroit, certainly for Atlanta after that. With Rodgers back in December the team can go on a 4-0 roll; which would bring the Packers up to 9 wins for the year with the 5 they already have. They only need to win one or two during his absence to reach the minimum threshold of 10-11 wins to make the playoffs.

Let's see what Seneca Wallace has with a full week and a couple of games to play. I don't expect him to fill Rodgers' shoes but he could be a good caretaker who won't cost the team games by playing dumb. Mike Holmgren and Mike McCarthy, two coaches who know something about quarterbacks both thought he was worth having on their teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,956
    Those are my thoughts

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,956
    2010 he out performed the 3 other q.b with the Browns

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2010/03/terry_plutos_scribbles_in_my_n_1.html

Article about Wallace going to the Browns in March 2010

22. Atanas Stratiev

Atanas Stratiev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    We should have signed Vince Young as a back-up QB in the preseason. He might not be in his best, but would have been definitely a better option than this crappy man, called Seneca Wallace. We all know Young is experienced guy with many matches as a starter and I`m sure he won`t tremble in tough situations on the field. Plus - not a bad rusher. I was very disappointed we didn`t sign him in the preseason. McCarthy better to choose some regular fan to play while Aaron is injured. I`m sure the result will be the same as Wallace being in the starting role.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,956
    We did sign him to a one year deal

24. Atanas Stratiev

Atanas Stratiev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Really? But I don`t see him in the roster. And I`m pretty sure that we sent him back after the preseason games.

25. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    TT just brought VY in to show that he has the ability to actually draw from resources other than draft and develop. One VY had his picture taken in a Packer uni, he had fulfilled his purpose and was all but gone.

• Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1