Official Packers vs Saints thread 2014

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the homers who don't take the saints seriously and expect an automatic win are very very foolish.

I never feel fantastic about facing Brees in the dome. ...but I honestly think the Pack will win baring turn-overs.

I was listening to Kenny Stills SR yesterday on the radio. He said Rodgers will destroy the Saints secondary. He said they are horrible.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never feel fantastic about facing Brees in the dome. ...but I honestly think the Pack will win baring turn-overs.

I was listening to Kenny Stills SR yesterday on the radio. He said Rodgers will destroy the Saints secondary. He said they are horrible.

He should, they are terrible. Not only that, Ryan cant restrain himself from blitzing, which Rodgers feasts on like joey chestnut on the 4th

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Realcaliforniacheese I am curious to know why you hit the disagree button? I read some of your posts later in the thread but was just wondering. I am assuming you are basing your dislike of my comment on the fact you believe BB had no knowledge whatsoever that his team was in possession of tape on other teams? We all have a right to our own beliefs but I just find it hard to believe that a control freak like The Hoodie had no clue about the tapes. Do you think they had the tapes and viewed/studied them away from BB in some clandestine manner? We are talking about the chance at cementing your legacy and being the kings of the greatest sports league in the world here. Winning the Bowl is something most folks would do anything to achieve. When you have tape in house from which you can learn keys, hand-signals, line checks, formation tendencies, etc. about the team(s) you are playing I find it hard to believe the boss man was completely in the dark about them. Like I said they have the hardware so it is what it is I suppose. With that said I won't go as far as to asterisk them but I sure do think there is a certain odor on them that no amount of Febreze can cover up. Not trying to start a fight or anything my man just curious is all...GPG!
I have just never seen anything, in all the stuff I read or watched on BB that would make me think he would cross that line. Your talking about a man's integrity among his peers. How many of those Superbowl opponents did he play in the regular season? We are many years removed from the incident, I think more info would have been forthcoming from former team and staff on the subject if he was actively involved. He's an *** but he's a great coach, would have taken Cleveland to the SB too if his owner hadn't announced mid season he was moving the team. One last thing, Robert Craft is one of the best owners in the League, I can't see him condoning that type of behavior either. Just tell your friend that the Tuck rule an an endemically weak division helped them alot.

JnC4GB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have, in recent past, have had shoot out type games for arod vs brees. BUT.....these are not the same saints as before. They are on a downward slide and we are on a streak. Arod plays well in domes and in October. Saints defense looks like crap as of late and we are looking much improved as of late. I think we go down to the south and deal out a beat down.

Packers 31
Aints 17

From your keyboard to God's ear, brother. I'm with you on this prediction 100%.

JnC4GB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year for Drew

2 and 2 at home

4 tds and 3 int, 664 yards 89 rating

0 and 4 on the road, but 1252 yards 7 td and 4 int and 93 rating-but he has double the amount of atts on the road

He really misses Sproles IMO. And when Graham got hurt...Drew looked positively mortal.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All things considered, this pick is based mostly on gut feeling.
I think the Pack is thoroughly ready for this game.
Packers, 41-24.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have just never seen anything, in all the stuff I read or watched on BB that would make me think he would cross that line. Your talking about a man's integrity among his peers. How many of those Superbowl opponents did he play in the regular season? We are many years removed from the incident, I think more info would have been forthcoming from former team and staff on the subject if he was actively involved. He's an *** but he's a great coach, would have taken Cleveland to the SB too if his owner hadn't announced mid season he was moving the team. One last thing, Robert Craft is one of the best owners in the League, I can't see him condoning that type of behavior either. Just tell your friend that the Tuck rule an an endemically weak division helped them alot.
I smell what your cooking brother. As a former debate guy I can appreciate both sides of an argument and you do bring up some good points. I normally don't rehash stuff but for some reason did on this occasion and believe you me the tuck rule game has been mentioned pleeeeenty of times to my pal! Thanks for the insight and keeping it legit. I have been on boards before where any question towards a comment is viewed as a salvo and thus starts the s+#t storm. This sight has become a favorite of mine because almost all of the time the banter stays civil and pretty subject based. Ready for a good game on Sunday night and look forward to many more exchanges down the road...GPG!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cautiously optimistic is fair, you could make an argument the Packers are the best team in the league at this point as they lead the league in passer rating differential
The numbers are on our side now we just need the players to live up to them.
Will our team be capable of doing that? I hope so.
Some games feel more like a sure thing than others.
If we shred them, then I will feel a lot better of our chances against NE and Philly.
After beating some teams that aren't that hard to beat, I think this one will be a real test and show us what our Packers are capable of doing.

D

Deleted member 6794

We went down there in 2008 With Aaron Rodgers and lost like 51-29

Rodgers is a way better QB now than during his first season as a starter though and I don't expect the defense to give up 51 points tonight.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, so far the Falcons are doing us a big favor up 21-0 late first half vs the Lions. Could be a golden opportunity tonight.
Weird watching a game at 8:30 AM, though.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass rush has to be on point...especially up the middle. Force Bree's to throw over big guys and he will throw ints that's a proven fact. He's short by qb standards and He's not a runner either.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some Lions players said some interesting things after the game about Brees. They said he likes to throw mostly in the middle between the numbers, and they were laying for him.

WRECKER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking for a good game tonight. Just want to see them get out to a good start on the road. I never trust the saints.

JnC4GB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, so far the Falcons are doing us a big favor up 21-0 late first half vs the Lions. Could be a golden opportunity tonight.
Weird watching a game at 8:30 AM, though.

The coach of the Falcons should be fired for his game management at the end of that game alone.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Falcons were suppose to rebound this year after a bad 2013, but guess I was wrong!