Official Packers vs Saints thread 2014

WRECKER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Already a couple very couple questionable calls from McCarthy. What are you thinking putting Peppers in there and an onside kick. Play the game. Don't chase plays. He pulls this crap the worst possible times.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaching so far like a guy who thinks he can't win tonight unless he gets away with some trickery.
Lang out, Taylor in could be trouble.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is this hack job by the officials going on here?

Normally I just move on from some calls that get made wrong, but that PI play, no flag comes out for about 5 seconds. Player makes a gesture to the ref and then all the sudden, woop, flag goes out.

What is this? Throw a flag cuz a player says so? How do you as a professional official not get embarrassed by the fact that the inmates are running the asylum on that one? If you're gonna fine players for making clean hits on other players, you should fine players for suggesting how officials do their job. That's just bush league stuff, and I don't ever remember a day that that was allowed in the NFL such as 10 years ago or so. Ridiculous.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My takeaway: We learned something we already knew in that the Saints at home, especially at night are very, very good. The Saints were flawless. I don't think anyone would have beaten them tonight. The loss is not a surprise.

Yes, the Packers shouldn't have been blown out, but this does not change the fact the Packers are a good team. Last four weeks overrule one week. Say what you want about the competition those weeks, but three out of four blowouts is good against anyone.

Any other week Rodgers does not have two deflecting picks either. Bad games happen and a couple mistakes can make it bad quickly when the other team plays that well. No team plays well every week.

Also, no better way to get back on track than the Bears traveling to Lambeau!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least we don't have an * next to any of our 13 championship wins as the Taints do with their one measly cheated win.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just very tough when your defense puts you in the position where you MUST score every time you touch the ball. The caliber of defensive play is nowhere close to the elite level we will need to make a serious playoff run. Hope the coaches focus on getting that fixed or it will be another long off season.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My takeaway: We learned something we already knew in that the Saints at home, especially at night are very, very good. The Saints were flawless. I don't think anyone would have beaten them tonight. The loss is not a surprise.

Yes, the Packers shouldn't have been blown out, but this does not change the fact the Packers are a good team. Last four weeks overrule one week. Say what you want about the competition those weeks, but three out of four blowouts is good against anyone.

Any other week Rodgers does not have two deflecting picks either. Bad games happen and a couple mistakes can make it bad quickly when the other team plays that well. No team plays well every week.

All true, but the fact remains that the Packer defense is inconsistent at best, and suspect to be more realistic. The weaknesses are obvious: ILB and DL get run over, and once again Clay Matthews was absent. It is difficult to count on this defense, and the fact that they DO get blown out far too often when they face a strong team is an indication of something.

You aren't going to go deep in the playoffs with a defense like that, assuming the Packers make the postseason at all.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and most weeks MM doesnt dial up trick plays (what was that all about!!!!) and surprise onside kicks. disapointed with last night but i really dont think its the end of the world, we are still a good team and defence was on the up in a new style of play. sure we will bounce back

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All true, but the fact remains that the Packer defense is inconsistent at best, and suspect to be more realistic. The weaknesses are obvious: ILB and DL get run over, and once again Clay Matthews was absent. It is difficult to count on this defense, and the fact that they DO get blown out far too often when they face a strong team is an indication of something.

You aren't going to go deep in the playoffs with a defense like that, assuming the Packers make the postseason at all.

Clay was fine. Plenty of tackles and sack when he is literally double teamed or chipped almost every play. They slide the protection towards him all night. Someone else needed to step up and win their match up, but didn't.

There's also been a common theme the two times the defense gave up a lot this season: the offense was sputtering at the same time. Four turnovers (including thag 4th down) and no points for a quarter is not going to cut it agaisnt a good offense. The defense was put in a very tough spot.

Both the offense and defense have to play well agaisnt good teams.

D

Deleted member 6794

I´m not too worried about the loss at New Orleans as the Saints are a fantastic team at home and I expected this game to be one of the Packers losses before the season. The one thing I´m mad about is McCarthy not pulling Rodgers way earlier after our franchise QB injured his hamstring and it was pretty obvious we won´t win this game anymore.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admire Carl's optimism, but the facts show Matthews with 1 sack, 1 assisted tackle. Barrington with 8 tackles; Neal with 2; Lattimore 1 and Peppers with 1 (Peppers on the sack). That's not enough production from the linebackers-other than Barrington-who are supposed to be making the tackles after the D-line occupies the blockers, which is another problem.

On offense, as capt. w points out, we were finished after Rogers pulled his hamstring. We don't have a power offensive line that results in good protection or an effective running game. Good defenses put tremendous pressure on Rogers by rushing only 4, leaving 7 to cover our receivers. It's all on Rogers, which isn't the way a team wins Championships. Good teams control the LOS. We don't do that on either side of the ball.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons were suppose to rebound this year after a bad 2013, but guess I was wrong!

I will never -ever- for the life of me understand why any logical person thought that this Falcons team would for some reason be different than any of their teams in recent past. Yet, year after year for the past several years people talk about them as the "next big thing".

I've been saying this from the first week of the NFL season. Roddy White is another year older and Matty Melt is Matty Melt. The all-pro TE is retired and it's the same old cast of characters. They're jokers and I put the Bears in the exact same class. They're sure bet all world Super Bowl bound teams... in mind only.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm upbeat about the Packers, and after beating up on a few creampuffs I think that this will be a good gauge of where they are at this point in the season...certainly better than at the start. I'm optimistic but the Saints are good at home. Brees and Rodgers seem to get into shootout mode.

As Owens once said, "Get Your Popcorn Ready."
I guess we need to stick with the creampuffs. My popcorn had hair in it by the 3rd quarter

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I too had this game as a loss before the season but after our recent play up to this game I thought the team would make a statement game in prime time so it is a little disappointing. Obviously that didn't happen with weird early decision making from MM and the offense beating themselves in the red zone numerous times along with our defense getting beat. The whole thing got away from us when Rodgers pulled up with hammy and Rodgers didn't look the same since.

Overall we played like crap and the Saints played almost a perfect game at home. Overall I think we gotta feel okay about 5-3 going into the bye when you consider our brutal road schedule over the firs half of season. I would argue we have had the toughest road test of anyone up till this point. I mean at Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans.

It's "Home sweet Home" in second half as toughest road game is at Buffalo.

I still see this team with a more then a good chance to go 12-4 and a shot at a first round bye.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big disappointment going into a bye week. The Packers were flying high going into this game and let the Saints dictate the play calling. Jordy is a top 5 receiver in the NFL and should have been targeted way more than he was. He can out-leap anybody and would have been a better option than our lame tight-ends and the rookie Adams. They better smarten up during the bye week, with upcoming games against the Eagles and Patriots.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
big disappointment going into a bye week. The Packers were flying high going into this game and let the Saints dictate the play calling. Jordy is a top 5 receiver in the NFL and should have been targeted way more than he was. He can out-leap anybody and would have been a better option than our lame tight-ends and the rookie Adams. They better smarten up during the bye week, with upcoming games against the Eagles and Patriots.

Yeah in these bigger type games it's almost like MM over thinks it. Against Seattle choosing to play one side of the field and last night the Peppers play and onside kick along with not getting Jordy more involved. its like just call a normal game.

Although last night after Rodgers got hurt he was limited to what we could run.

JustaLilWhoDat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ewwwww we wonnnnn. whodat baby! much love to the pack, hope yall dont have to come back to The Dome cuz we gon be in the playoff! Hope its the Seattle Seagulls as a wildcard come to the dome get waxed, do em dirty and get payed back.
Good luck winning yall division, cant have detroit making a run, cuz the whodat nation cant have anymore new teams getting SB's otherwise being in that club isnt worth nothing.
Get a real no. 1 receiver our secondary trash and jordy nelson was too unathletic to beat zone, smh.
Yall division
Minesotta Viking/Dragqueens: Cool uniforms garbage team, Bridgewater got tiny hands, FREE AP!
Lions: Watch out that defense is REAL. But Staffords just an arm with no brains. Yall just got get em in the h2hs
Bears: I know theyre 3-5 but watch out Cutler is more physically gifted than Rodgers, dudes an antihero and even tho hes never rlly beat yall I bet he wanna spoil u.

Good luck and dont try that dumb-**** on us again come to the dome getWHOOPED!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ewwwww we wonnnnn. whodat baby! much love to the pack, hope yall dont have to come back to The Dome cuz we gon be in the playoff! Hope its the Seattle Seagulls as a wildcard come to the dome get waxed, do em dirty and get payed back.
Good luck winning yall division, cant have detroit making a run, cuz the whodat nation cant have anymore new teams getting SB's otherwise being in that club isnt worth nothing.
Get a real no. 1 receiver our secondary trash and jordy nelson was too unathletic to beat zone, smh.
Yall division
Minesotta Viking/Dragqueens: Cool uniforms garbage team, Bridgewater got tiny hands, FREE AP!
Lions: Watch out that defense is REAL. But Staffords just an arm with no brains. Yall just got get em in the h2hs
Bears: I know theyre 3-5 but watch out Cutler is more physically gifted than Rodgers, dudes an antihero and even tho hes never rlly beat yall I bet he wanna spoil u.

Good luck and dont try that dumb-**** on us again come to the dome getWHOOPED!!!
I would love it if you came back here when, not if, the Taints get beat in the Stupid-Dome.
Yeah, sure, you get all excited when your team wins. That I can understand.
But to come into the opposing teams message forum and to give a post like this? No class.
I'm taking out the trash and putting you on ignore.
In the meantime, get used to being losers again and start saving your bags to wear over your heads.
Because the Taints are going back to being losers. Your team can't win unless they cheat.
Enjoy rooting for that bottom of the barrel scum team.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts