Official Pack at Miami

D

Deleted member 6794

When New England lost down there in the season opener they wilted in the second half. I don't know what the heat and humidity was then but it may have been a factor in their failing to hold the lead. The Packers would be well served by getting out front early and substantially. A close game or playing from behind would be a disadvantage for a visiting northern team.

That´s a good point, the temperature for the Patriots game was 89 degress with 61% humidity, so pretty close to what we´ll have to expect on Sunday.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That´s a good point, the temperature for the Patriots game was 89 degress with 61% humidity, so pretty close to what we´ll have to expect on Sunday.

Players cramping up and becoming susceptible to muscle pulls and tears in these kinds of conditions will also be somethng to watch out for. The Packers will need to use their roster depth to a maximum. Using the same few players for the full 60 minutes increases the chances of us paying dear in the injury department.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200610220mia.htm

10-22-2006 82 degrees 66% humidity Packers won

last year Oct 20th 87 degrees

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310200mia.htm

Bills won---and finished only 6-10...so it wasnt like the Bills were world beaters either

Being from the north isnt as big of an issue as people think..Preparing for it by hydrating during the week is more important

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200610220mia.htm

10-22-2006 82 degrees 66% humidity Packers won

last year Oct 20th 87 degrees

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310200mia.htm

Bills won---and finished only 6-10...so it wasnt like the Bills were world beaters either

Being from the north isnt as big of an issue as people think..Preparing for it by hydrating during the week is more important

Since Rodgers became the starter the Packers are 1-2 (.333) in games when the temperature is abouve 80 degrees. In all other games the team is 63-34-1 (.648). Because that is a very small sample size let´s take a look at the stats since 1992 when Favre became the starter. Over that period the Packers are 7-7 (.500) when the temperatures is above 80 compared to 218-124-1 (.637) when it´s not.

I can´t find any stats earlier than 1978 but since then Packers are 8-11 (.421) and 305-244-5 (.551). So I think we could argue their record is significantly worse in warm weather.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers are 1-2 (.333) in games since Rodgers became the starter when the temperature is abouve 80 degrees. In all other games the team is 63-34-1 (.648). Because that is a very small sample size let´s take a look at the stats since 1992 when Favre became the starter. Over that period the Packers are 7-7 (.500) when the temperatures is above 80 compared to 218-124-1 (.637) when it´s not.

I can´t find any stats earlier than 1978 but since then Packers are 8-11 (.421) and 305-244-5 (.551). So I think we could argue their record is significantly worse in warm weather.

From 71 to 91 I would toss out any record vs Miami, or any other warm weather team, since the Packers really really sucked

But I stand by that how to prepare for the hot is very important...The team also has to be good..

As I pointed out the Bills beat Miami recently with almost similar temps ..And they sucked

TaterTot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am coming to the game from WI. Also wondering about what hotel they might be at. Would love to get some autographs or even some pictures.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Bills are not the greatest but they dont suck, as you say. They beat the bears dolphins and LIONS in the lions house....something we didnt do this year or last.

TaterTot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am flying in from Colorado for the game and would love to meet up with anyone prior to the game. Who is having a tailgate ? I will be with one other person and would even be willing to help out. I noticed Vladdmir and one other in this thread...who else. I am @PackerFever on twitter and FB.
We are coming in from WI. Check out Slackers Bar & Grill in Fort Lauderdale. They are taking buses of Packer fans from their bar to the game. My understanding is they have at least 3 coach buses going. They will then be doing a tailgate at the stadium. We will be there! Check out their facebook page for details!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Bills defense is way better than ours.....
Its the fact that they have failed to get themselves a QB.
EJ manuel sucks. If they had a rodgers/brady/brees they would be a much different team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I know that you are saying because the bills "suck" and they beat the fins last Oct., that we can/will do the same. I have no doubt that we can win.....I just hope that our boys have prepped for the heat and humidity that they are not used to. Wisconsin 50-60 temps are way different right now than the upper 80's to low 90's with that heavy air humidity. Any given sunday man.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bills defense is way better than ours.....
Its the fact that they have failed to get themselves a QB.
EJ manuel sucks. If they had a rodgers/brady/brees they would be a much different team.

Last year they were 6-10, their def was ranked 20th in points allowed, they werent real good

Yet with them being a "north team" they played in the "heat" and won

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically it comes down to them being prepared for the weather. If they are not it will hit them like a ton of bricks. If they do, maybe just like a sack of flour and they can drive on through.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Weather.com says high of 85 with possible rain and T-storms. 74% humidity.
That would be a heat index of 94 degrees. Course if it rains that goes out the window, unless it stops and the sun comes out, then it would suck. The players would be sucking water with every breath.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Both of my brothers live in the heat - one in Charlotte, NC and one in Phoenix, AZ. Both love the heat and get the chills in Wisconsin when it's 75 degrees. I can't stand being in their states unless it's "winter." It's all about what you've become acclimated to in terms of temps.

People in the upper midwest have started to become acclimated to 30 degree mornings and 50 degree days with zero humidity. I know that I have in the past few weeks. Toss me into 85 and humid and I'll be melting like a snowman. It would be different if it was July around here and I was somewhat used to that type of weather.

That said, the temps are no predictor of wins and losses. Warm weather teams have beaten the Packers late in the season at Lambeau, and we've won these warm games. It's just another factor in the thick plot of a football game.

These guys are professional athletes. The conditions are not going to be so extreme that we should be making this such a big deal. I'm sure there gonna take extra precaution and give everyone extra fluids. Do we need to give everyone oranges at halftime? Geez, sometimes if you make something an issue it will become an issue and a lot of it is mental.

I'm with Roddell. I live in Seattle and would much rather play in Miami right now then a cold raining down pour which it is expected to be here this weekend or Ohio for that matter.

Were not going to lose this game and the heat isn't gonna stop us from winning. Tannahill will get exposed more then the heat will expose us. 34-17 Gold and Green.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically it comes down to them being prepared for the weather. If they are not it will hit them like a ton of bricks. If they do, maybe just like a sack of flour and they can drive on through.

Dr can hydrate the players during the week prior to help

PackerFever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I arrived in Miami yesterday. I have been hydrating in order to keep from cramping. Tons of fans on the beach yesterday and we are going back today.

As far as Slackers Bar goes the busses are full. I am going to meet up w some High School friends from Green Bay to tailgate but we may also walk around the lots to see more. Let me know what you are do8ng....I will do the same.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just spoke with mark tauscher who predicted a packers win and said philbin wouldn't have a huge affect on the game plan as far as knowledge of what the packers do.

He should be doing his radio show soon

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives: Boykin, Tolzien, Goodson, Bradford, Barrington, Gerhart and Datone Jones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts