Official Pack at Miami

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF is THAT supposed to be BTW? :alien:?
It's called "alien."
Yours is the first time that I can remember it ever being used.
I was saving it for Billy if he ever moved here illegally or if I ever got abducted by a UFO.
Whichever came first.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rather it always be open?
It was interesting to see who would be the first one to start it and I thought it was fun when I was the first to start it.
The timing had to be right.
Is that why you're doing it? To keep it from being open too soon?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was interesting to see who would be the first one to start it and I thought it was fun when I was the first to start it.
The timing had to be right.
Is that why you're doing it? To keep it from being open too soon?

Last year it happened that two would post it at same time...I merged them both and by default, the one created 1st would be the "1st" one...I recall some disputing or debating on it...

I figured this way there is no dispute, which leads to no hard feelings..

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK about that. We had people posting last week that the rain would hamper our passing game, and we know the rest of that story. IMO anA+QBlikeARisOK as long As ARs not MIA or tearing ACLs again.IMO

I'm not talking about the rain interfering with the passing game. Instead of just being hot like normal, it would feel like they're playing in a sauna.

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the rain interfering with the passing game. Instead of just being hot like normal, it would feel like they're playing in a sauna.
Thank you for quoting me. I was beginning to feel lonely.
I think you might be on to something here..

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers defense back to winning formula on defense

Source: Packers.com

No-huddle no problem on hot day

GREEN BAY—The Miami heat – the weather, not the basketball team – awaits the Packers.

Will it be a problem for the Packers’ up-tempo, no-huddle offense?

“No,” Offensive Coordinator Tom Clements said, pausing and then adding, “our guys are in good shape.”

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I havent seen Miami play and havent kept up on them..

I had my feeling Pack would beat Bears and Vikings....But I have no feeling on this game yet...

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are a more talented team and always Rodgers tilts the field in our favor, especially when their QB isn't a star.

Pack win 34-17

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Dolphins play cover 2, it could be tough. Rodgers has not played his best games against cover 2 defenses and Philbin will know how to slow him down.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Pack Go! Because Philbin used to be the Packer OC will he have inside information that could slow the Packer offense down?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 31
Dolphins 16

Cobb, Lacy, Starks and Adams with the TDs.

Defense gets 2 turnovers and 5 sacks.

Rodgers finishes with somewhere south of 250 yards due to playing on a short field most of the day.

Elliott is active gets his first NFL sack while giving Peppers a breather.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Infrequent competitors with a unique familiarity with one another. The Packers and Dolphins have met only 13 times since the merger in 1970 and Miami has won ten. But most of those games came during the Don Shula age in Miami when the Packers had to face their Super Bowl teams of the '70's and then the Marino quarterbacked clubs of the '80's & 90's. Still, as recently as the Packers' Super Bowl winning year in 2010 Miami came up to Lambeau and stole a 23-20 decision.

Dolphins hc Joe Philbin spend 9 years on the Green Bay coaching staff, the last four as offensive coordinator so he knows much about the Packers' system and players, especially Aaron Rodgers. By the same token Mike McCarthy and the Packers know something about Philbin's methods and approach to a game, too.

Miami slugged New England in the season opener but then looked terrible in two 19 point losses to Buffalo and Kansas City; the latter at home. And there was talk of benching qb Ryan Tannehill. Then Tannehill and the Dolphins won big over the Raiders in London. But Oakland can make anybody look pretty good.

Miami, to me, looks like a .500 team that could hover just either side of 8 wins this season. These next 3 games will be a good measure of just how good the 2014 Packers are. All winnable games yet any, including this one, capable of being a speed bump in the road.

Both clubs should be well rested. Miami had its bye last Sunday and the Pack has had a 10 day stretch since their big TNF win over Minnesota. Heat and humidity likely will be factors to take into account. The Miami players are used to it, not so much for the Packers.

It seems a bit much to expect a third straight blow-out game for the Packers. This one might be closer to the Jets game than to the Bears and Vikings. But the Packers are the better team and the better team should win.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Root beer is tasty. Mug is my favorite and I have yet to find an independent one that tastes close to it or better.
(Maybe Blue Sky)
Sprecher's beer isn't bad either. They used to sell it in the student union at Madison--don't know if they still do.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GREEN BAY—The Miami heat – the weather, not the basketball team – awaits the Packers.

“No,” Offensive Coordinator Tom Clements said, pausing and then adding, “our guys are in good shape.”
Up tempo offense?? 52 plays against Minny. If the offense is good, seems fewer plays are just fine--if they're successful. Packers 24
Dolphins 20

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Really? Why? To me it's like a poster starting a new thread, 'My take on _____' on a subject already covered in a lengthy thread. BTW, if LTF decides to let anyone start those threads (and I hope he doesn't), why not start one for every game this season and for division foes next season (or would that be too much fun)? ;)

I do think it's interesting that the official Packers @ Miami Studs and Duds has 72 79 88 97 113 122 134 views! :D
(Just in case someone happens upon this post before the end of the Packers at Miami game: No posts are allowed in the Studs and Duds thread until after the game, so there is nothing to see!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Infrequent competitors with a unique familiarity with one another. The Packers and Dolphins have met only 13 times since the merger in 1970 and Miami has won ten. But most of those games came during the Don Shula age in Miami when the Packers had to face their Super Bowl teams of the '70's and then the Marino quarterbacked clubs of the '80's & 90's. Still, as recently as the Packers' Super Bowl winning year in 2010 Miami came up to Lambeau and stole a 23-20 decision.

Dolphins hc Joe Philbin spend 9 years on the Green Bay coaching staff, the last four as offensive coordinator so he knows much about the Packers' system and players, especially Aaron Rodgers. By the same token Mike McCarthy and the Packers know something about Philbin's methods and approach to a game, too.

Miami slugged New England in the season opener but then looked terrible in two 19 point losses to Buffalo and Kansas City; the latter at home. And there was talk of benching qb Ryan Tannehill. Then Tannehill and the Dolphins won big over the Raiders in London. But Oakland can make anybody look pretty good.

Miami, to me, looks like a .500 team that could hover just either side of 8 wins this season. These next 3 games will be a good measure of just how good the 2014 Packers are. All winnable games yet any, including this one, capable of being a speed bump in the road.

Both clubs should be well rested. Miami had its bye last Sunday and the Pack has had a 10 day stretch since their big TNF win over Minnesota. Heat and humidity likely will be factors to take into account. The Miami players are used to it, not so much for the Packers.

It seems a bit much to expect a third straight blow-out game for the Packers. This one might be closer to the Jets game than to the Bears and Vikings. But the Packers are the better team and the better team should win.
Well said

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Last year it happened that two would post it at same time...I merged them both and by default, the one created 1st would be the "1st" one...I recall some disputing or debating on it...

I figured this way there is no dispute, which leads to no hard feelings..
Now they just have hard feeling for you because you don't let anyone else do it. :p

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Well the key will be the humidity factor. Which we won't know until game time. It's easy to say it won't matter they are in good shape. But when you are actually here in the heat and humidity, it matters. I always love people who visit FL in the winter and spring and decide to move here. Only to be hit with the stickiness of August, September and early October.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts