1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Pack at Miami

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Will open at game

2. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Going to be there, tailgating. Picked up the face paint and all of that stuff last night. Got my case of Sprechers on order. Anyone else going? Stop by and say hi.
    <---- I'll look like that guy.

Can't wait.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. GARYELL

GARYELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    I'll be there - 30 top , kilt and plenty sun screen ....
    GO PACK GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    That would be Sprechers Root Beer??

5. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah, I'll probably be bringing Leinie's for real beer. The Sprechers root beer is tough to find here in S FL but I know a guy :D

(House of Brews in Jensen Beach will order it by the case if you need it. I think Brent gets his trucks in on Thursdays)

6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    You just need to roll into a Menards up here, load up on the root beer, and haul it all down to south Florida.

I think it's going to be a close game against Miami, and I'm thinking it's temperature related. We're about to go through a nasty cold spell and a hot day in Miami could be tough. We'll see. I'm still thinking victory for green and gold though

7. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +282
    The heat will definitely be a factor in this game, but I still think the Packers will get a win. Just have to hope that it doesn't rain right before the game starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    Eddie be a happy man with some heat. Feed dat horse!

9. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +324
    Miami will be getting-back injured players OC Pouncey, LB Koa Misi and possibly RB Moreno this week. Their O-Line (including OG Darryn Colledge) have yielded only a couple of sacks and have been above average run blockers. Their DB's are suspect, so hopefully AR comes out using the pass to setup the run and the offense rolls.

Glad the Packers have a longer week to recuperate and prepare... but they had better keep that "fire" that they played with on Thursday night.

Packers 37- Dolphins 24 in a back and forth game. Also think we can get a couple of picks from Tannehill.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    I expect to see tons of cover 2 so Lacy and Quarless need to have big games. They have Grimes who is a solid corner but they may still put someone over top of Jordy.. I expect Cobb to be a factor because he will be one on one in his matchup. We absolutely cannot get handled against a four man front. Wake may get a sack but we cannot let him wreck out drives.

11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    According to the Palm Beach Post Moreno is still four weeks away from returning to action.

12. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +324
    Moreno was messing with the media, as the Miami players have been instructed NOT to give the media estimated time-tables and one guy kept pushing him for one. If Moreno isn't cleared to play this week it'll be week 7.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/10...y-have-been-joking-about-missing-4-more-weeks

13. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +511
    Wow. Menard 's sells root beer? I guess things have changed since my "hardware dept" tenure in the 1980's. I guess the 10d penny nails weren't drawing that crowd anymore.

14. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Nah, since Lebron left they're not the same.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +511
    IDK about that. We had people posting last week that the rain would hamper our passing game, and we know the rest of that story. IMO anA+QBlikeARisOK as long As ARs not MIA or tearing ACLs again.IMO

16. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Hate to say it. The notion that crappy weather favors the crappier passing team is not exactly something new. I will guarantee you ANY opposing defensive coordinator would PRAY for rain when playing Aaron Rodgers. ....and McCarthy prays for sunny weather. Again, not exactly something new here.

...rest of story?...ahhhhhhhhhh.... would you call 12/17 and 156 yards "proof" that it didn't "hamper" our passing game?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +511
    In 3 qtrs, with a running game already established and clock management in play after middle 3rd qtr . That pass to Jordy was a Beaut. So. Yes.

18. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    Playing an uncommon opponent is always interesting. The 2010 season saw us losing to them in overtime at Lambeau to a score of 23-20. It's about time we get that win back at their house. It'll be warm. As of now, high of 86 and a 30% chance of rain. I do, however, like our chances...especially if Lacy plays like he did last Thursday. I'll go with...

Packers: 31
    Miami: 20

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I don't even know what to say. You are arguing that rain is a non-issue when throwing the ball? :tdown: Ummm...OK. :confused:

As far as the game Thursday. It wasn't a monsoon rainstorm by any means. It was raining so lightly most of the way that I bet they were able to keep the balls relatively dry for the most part. It was just that it was a wet track.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  20. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +511
    First. I like your iconic representations of you pondering. Thanks.
    Listen, my contention is this concerning rain. It affects everyone. But "if" there is an impact on the passer. Our QB is no more susceptible than any other teams QB. And one could even argue (if you like to argue, and I most certainly do) that the most accurate passer would be affected the least. With that being said, we have evidence of that this week. Granted we reduced our passing attack for obvious reasons, so we don't have the luxury of 30 attempts. But what we do have is what's left. That's a 70+% completion at over 13yPC, 0 INT and 3 TDs vs. 50% completion with 2INT and 5 yards per? so if anyone suffered it wasn't us

21. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    The Vikes game is not "evidence". It actually proves nothing. I can't even believe somebody would argue your point. I do like these guys though... :eek::mad::cautious::roflmao: Not even gonna lie... :cool::oops::alien: WTF is THAT supposed to be BTW? :alien:?

So, if you and Usain Bolt are going to race, would rain give you a better or worse chance of winning? You can have one BILLION dollars if you can beat him. You get to pick rain or no rain, what do you pick? Of course you choose rain. He could slip and fall or get rain in his eyes and run off course.

22. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +511
    I feel like the last icon after your reply. So it's valid:D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  23. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    :D You know what THIS one is? :notworthy: It is "notworthy". Otherwise called the walking pee.

24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I'm curious to know why you have decided to start and then lock and then open the "Official Packers vs ____" threads.

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Root beer is tasty. Mug is my favorite and I have yet to find an independent one that tastes close to it or better.
    (Maybe Blue Sky)