Official Pack at Miami

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
1. Hey Joe: Miami head coach Joe Philbin was a Packers assistant from 2003-'11, including their offensive coordinator his last five seasons. Philbin was hired by Miami in January 2012, and his first two-plus seasons have been rocky, at best. Philbin is 17-19 overall, hasn't been to the playoffs, and had his leadership questioned after last year's Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin bullying scandal. The Dolphins are currently 2-2 and probably have to make the postseason for Philbin to get a fourth season.

Source: JSOnline.com

Packers at Dolphins: Five things to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If the Dolphins play cover 2, it could be tough. Rodgers has not played his best games against cover 2 defenses and Philbin will know how to slow him down.
Well the key will be the humidity factor. Which we won't know until game time. It's easy to say it won't matter they are in good shape. But when you are actually here in the heat and humidity, it matters. I always love people who visit FL in the winter and spring and decide to move here. Only to be hit with the stickiness of August, September and early October.

My dad worked for Evinrude and they would have plant shut down in middle of July..His favorite cousin lived in Ft Lauderdale, so guess where we went a few times?

I have been back there since but only in winter months

PackerFever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am flying in from Colorado for the game and would love to meet up with anyone prior to the game. Who is having a tailgate ? I will be with one other person and would even be willing to help out. I noticed Vladdmir and one other in this thread...who else. I am @PackerFever on twitter and FB.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The heat and humidity WILL be a major factor. South florida is no joke even this time of year. Without weeks to acclimatize you wont get used to it. The forecast is for 86 degrees and 70% humidity. According to my heat index chart, that puts the heat index at 93-95 degrees. Add in the on the field temp where heavy air settles and you could be looking at near 100 on the playing field. I enjoy the winters and the fall here in NC, but I know all to well the humidity and heat of the south is a pain in the butt to deal with. I really hope our guys have taken massive hydration into consideration otherwise we will lose guys to cramps and fatigue early. This game favors the home team for weather only. I think that if the game was played anywhere but the deep south, we would kick their butts.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, we were at 83 here in eastern NC yesterday with moderate humidity and it was not fun to deal with being outside for anything over 15-20 min., and i wasnt running around. This game has trap game written all over it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looked on TicketMaster and there are 2 tickets, front row 45 yd. line RIGHT BEHIND the Packer bench (I think, it's the north side of the field) for $528 each!! I can't go... :(

PackerFever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was able to buy my ticket behind the Packer bench directly from the Dolphins at FACE VALUE on their site last week. Row 8 Sec 112. I have seen a lot of ticket available all over the stadium recently as well. $50, $100, $150 $200-400 or more....but affordable if someone really wants to go.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Like I have said the last two weeks we should run these guys off the field. There almost a carbon copy of the Jets. One has Tannehill and the other has Geno Smith. Everyone is gonna bring up the heat but we rotate a lot of guys on defense.

The heat should not be an excuse to not play well and blow this game. We are the better team. My score is the same as Carl's 34-17.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont get the weather comments. Teams are made of about the same amount of guys from the south, north, warm weather, cold weather, east coast, west coast. 3 months in wisconsin isnt going to make someone who grew up in florida all of a sudden weak in a warm game

Fans think of it as if they personally would be going to play.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont get the weather comments. Teams are made of about the same amount of guys from the south, north, warm weather, cold weather, east coast, west coast. 3 months in wisconsin isnt going to make someone who grew up in florida all of a sudden weak in a warm game
Both of my brothers live in the heat - one in Charlotte, NC and one in Phoenix, AZ. Both love the heat and get the chills in Wisconsin when it's 75 degrees. I can't stand being in their states unless it's "winter." It's all about what you've become acclimated to in terms of temps.

People in the upper midwest have started to become acclimated to 30 degree mornings and 50 degree days with zero humidity. I know that I have in the past few weeks. Toss me into 85 and humid and I'll be melting like a snowman. It would be different if it was July around here and I was somewhat used to that type of weather.

That said, the temps are no predictor of wins and losses. Warm weather teams have beaten the Packers late in the season at Lambeau, and we've won these warm games. It's just another factor in the thick plot of a football game.

Reaction score
The heat and humidity WILL be a major factor. South florida is no joke even this time of year. Without weeks to acclimatize you wont get used to it. The forecast is for 86 degrees and 70% humidity. According to my heat index chart, that puts the heat index at 93-95 degrees. Add in the on the field temp where heavy air settles and you could be looking at near 100 on the playing field. I enjoy the winters and the fall here in NC, but I know all to well the humidity and heat of the south is a pain in the butt to deal with. I really hope our guys have taken massive hydration into consideration otherwise we will lose guys to cramps and fatigue early. This game favors the home team for weather only. I think that if the game was played anywhere but the deep south, we would kick their butts.
AR and Co survived at -15 windchill. I think 86 degrees is a walk in the park in comparison.
Both of my brothers live in the heat - one in Charlotte, NC and one in Phoenix, AZ. Both love the heat and get the chills in Wisconsin when it's 75 degrees. I can't stand being in their states unless it's "winter." It's all about what you've become acclimated to in terms of temps.

People in the upper midwest have started to become acclimated to 30 degree mornings and 50 degree days with zero humidity. I know that I have in the past few weeks. Toss me into 85 and humid and I'll be melting like a snowman. It would be different if it was July around here and I was somewhat used to that type of weather.

That said, the temps are no predictor of wins and losses. Warm weather teams have beaten the Packers late in the season at Lambeau, and we've won these warm games. It's just another factor in the thick plot of a football game.
I am flying in from Colorado for the game and would love to meet up with anyone prior to the game. Who is having a tailgate ? I will be with one other person and would even be willing to help out. I noticed Vladdmir and one other in this thread...who else. I am @PackerFever on twitter and FB.
Hey what do they call the NFL officials from Colorado ?

Reeferees

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how the no-huddle plays out.

i think that once the young guys like Adams and Janis get comfy and pick it up it'll be tough to stop. I think we could see more 4 wr sets this week becuase i anticipate MM trying to put points up early and force MIA to play from behind.

Boxsterr1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know the hotel the Packers are staying at? I live in Miami and would love to greet them.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the key will be the humidity factor. Which we won't know until game time. It's easy to say it won't matter they are in good shape. But when you are actually here in the heat and humidity, it matters. I always love people who visit FL in the winter and spring and decide to move here. Only to be hit with the stickiness of August, September and early October.

When New England lost down there in the season opener they wilted in the second half. I don't know what the heat and humidity was then but it may have been a factor in their failing to hold the lead. The Packers would be well served by getting out front early and substantially. A close game or playing from behind would be a disadvantage for a visiting northern team.

Members online

Latest posts