Official Nick Perry deal thread

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My phone sent me a notification saying the packers signed perry to a long-term deal. Is there any confirmation on this?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of people reporting he signed including Mike Daniels. Seems official. 5 years. No numbers yet

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk how I feel about it yet I'm sure it's for quite a bit of money and he might be a one yr wonder but I don't think they really had a choice. There defense blows... I wanna see Connor barwin come to Green Bay that would be a nice pick up. I would also like to see Green Bay involved in Aj bouye I think he would be the biggest gamble but the biggest reward the guy is young and all the potential. We need to restructure clay Matthews contract no way he is worth the money.. cook deal needs to get done too

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's 5 years with a high ceiling and a low floor I'm fine with it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Numbers aren't available yet. From what I've heard, it would seem that he got less than I expected. If that's true, then I think it was a great resigning. Pass rushers are about as important as it gets, and there was not clear avenue for replacing his production if he was allowed to leave. I was OK with allowing him to walk if someone threw insane, Vernon like money at him. But as it doesn't seem that that's the case, I'm very happy to see him retained. He was the top pass rusher left by a wide, wide margin.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deal may look like a steal in a few years. I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to explain the specifics though :ninja: cos I don't understand contracts.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It was a good signing. They had no other choice. Perry is in his prime. He can rush and set the edge. Just gotta hope he stays healthy.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is essentially a 2 year deal no? Roster bonuses of $4.3 & $4.8 in 2018 & 2019 and none after that?
If these numbers are correct it looks like a front loaded deal which would be good for the team down the road after Matthews is off the books.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd guess that Cook is where the bulk of the work is going towards now. I'd be surprised if the Packers re-sign Lang this week if even at all.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The deal is incredibly back loaded it looks like. Cheap this year and next next then spikes a little bit but doesn't balloon till the last two years and only 18 guaranteed. Really it's a 3 year deal that if he's not an all pro we can get out of

All in all a pretty incredible deal for one of the top pass rushers on the market.

Edit: Just saw 20 + his first year. Still any big contract u can get out of if it goes sideways isn't bad

Last edited:
OP
OP
King of Jeans

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the deal. He could be a real force in the coming years, if he stays healthy. Not re-signing him wasn't really an option anyways.

Staff online

Latest posts