OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
One thing to look for is JPP jumping/catapulting over the line of scrimmage to block kicks. After rewatching the week 13 game he did it on every kick and that is what caused Mason to miss the FG at the end of the first half. That is points off the board. Refs better keep an eye out for that BS

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Reaction score
One thing Rodgers did learn from Brett was how to use a defense's aggressiveness against them. The Giants will jump offsides to get to the QB quicker. Rodgers is great at the hard count which can become a free play and turn into a 60+ yard bomb to Jordy or Jennings. Don't be surprised if it works once or twice during the game.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much we will use the No-Huddle Offense? This would slow down their pass rush right?

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much we will use the No-Huddle Offense? This would slow down their pass rush right?

It could for sure....

I think the bottom line is we have to be able to block 4 with 5. If we can't block their 4 defensive linemen with our 5 Olinemen we can run what we want but it aint gonna be pretty. I think the game comes down to that ultimately.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i hear the phrase bad officiating again i'm goin to snap....

Giants fans keep forgetting that it was bad officiating that helped the Giants beat the Cards this year

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could for sure....

I think the bottom line is we have to be able to block 4 with 5. If we can't block their 4 defensive linemen with our 5 Olinemen we can run what we want but it aint gonna be pretty. I think the game comes down to that ultimately.

Yup, they will definitely see if their 4 man pass rush works and if it doesnt they will have to bring additional blitzers. If they can get to us with 4 we probably are in trouble. They got some injuries in their secondary and when they bring the additional blitzers, I expect to see Rodgers just literally destroy them. That is definitly a top 3 key to the game, can we block there 4 man pass rush..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacquian Williams did a decent job with Finley except on that last drive when he went for the pick. He didn't need to be doubled.

I think you underestimate the matchup problems that Finley can create. The main rap on Finley was dropped passes. He seemed to be cured of that bug in the Lions game. He played like the Finley we were all hoping for.

And dude, you seem to think that Jennings is going to be hobbled. His rehab has gone very well. He could have played against the Lions but the Packer coaching staff wanted him to be as close to 100% by the time of playoffs as possible. Thinking that Jennings is not going to play at or near that level would not qualify you as a smart coach.

And as far as not walking off the field, gimme a break. That's called being careful. The psychological aspect of the injury does matter, you are right about that. About 2 and 1/2 weeks ago that's exactly what Jennings said. He was able to start doing cuts and his knee was healing nicely and he said the main battle was now psychological--he had to start trusting it again. That was 2 and a half weeks ago and I think he'll be ready.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This forum is definitely growing, when I first joined the SB thread when it was all said and done had less than 700 posts. This divisional round game thread almost has 500, already. Nice to see more and more Packer fans and others joining.

Anywho, Go Pack.

WarGiants

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing to look for is JPP jumping/catapulting over the line of scrimmage to block kicks. After rewatching the week 13 game he did it on every kick and that is what caused Mason to miss the FG at the end of the first half. That is points off the board. Refs better keep an eye out for that BS

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

I dont get it. What do you mean by refs better keep an eye out? I thought only using leverage, as in stepping on a player for a height advantage, was illegal.

Unless you're speaking of offsides, I fail to understand your issue.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The only player I'm worried about on your defense is Matthews, he's one of those rare gamechangers.

If my team was going against the Packer D, not only would I worry about Matthews, but also Woodson. He may not be playing at the stratosphere DPOY level that he once did, but he most certainly still is a game changer.

And both guys tend to play big in the big games.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Seeing as he got carted off the field, his resiliency isn't looking to great right now.

Regarding Jennings, I don't believe even he or the team will really know his readiness until he plays. From this article, Jennings says,

"Right now, my knee is as stable as it's going to be ... It was just all mental, just making sure that I trust me knee, to know that it's not going to tear again. It's just mental, and just trusting it to take the load that I'm going to put on it."

In my opinion, whether Jennings plays well or not is unlikely to greatly affect the game's outcome. Certainly, I hope he has a huge game! But, if he cannot go full speed, thankfully the Packers have a solid bench behind him. Jones and Cobb are still fantastic targets for Rodgers. Both are capable of having big games-- even the rookie.

But, at least initially, the Giants are likely going to assume that Jennings is 100% and play him accordingly. If he isn't "good-to-go", by the time the G-men downgrade their coverage, McCarthy will have figured it out as well and Jennings will be seeing fewer snaps.

In my opinion, the question is not whether or not the Packers receivers can burn the Giant defenders (they can, with or without Jennings). It's whether Rodgers can remain upright long enough to get the ball to them.

PFanCan

Reaction score
People walk off the field with ACL injuries haha, crazy stuff.

I don't think he was talking about a "blown" knee. Saw this happen in person once on a turf field while playing indoor soccer. As the guy's knee popped (he was running next to me), it sounded like a rifle shot. He was in incredible pain and only moved when the paramedics hoisted him on to a gurney.

However, a sprained MCL is something that one can actually walk on, even run, depending upon the severity of the sprain and one's pain threshold. So, yes, people walk off of fields with such injuries.

PFanCan

Reaction score

...was thinking the same thing. As I am absolutely certain that McCarthy is nearly as smart as you and me, I fully expect to see it on occasion throughout the game. Just something to keep the Giants off balance, perhaps?

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, I expect to see several hard counts from Rodgers and at least one or two free plays due to defensive early jumps. The G-men seem susceptible to this, and Rodgers is quite good at throwing out the bait.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta tried the no-huddle a bit.. Problem was they were on the road and the noise hurt Ryan from getting his calls and adjustments to his outside guys..Pack will not have that problem at home. Also, Rodgers is way more savvy than Ryan. Ryan looked very confused most of the time. Rodgers will not be

PFanCan

Reaction score
Here's a question for our Giant-fan visitors: What do you think of the front page image and articles on the Giants-Packers on ESPN (shown below)? Do you realize the bias, or not?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

From my non-East Coast point of view, here was my thought process (thinking out loud), in chronological order, as I opened the webpage:

1. Nice facemask on Woodson. Doubt it was called.
2. "Defending Champs?" Why the question? Does ESPN not know who won the SB last year? Oh... (I am a bit slow), is this questioning whether or not the Packers deserve to be called this title? That seems a bit harsh.
3. Seifert article is about how the Packer's D sucks. Then an article about the Giant's coach. The "NYG GB" page again focuses on Coughlin. Not much for the GB fan, is there?
4. "Odds of a Giant upset"? Well, exactly equal to 1 minus the odds of a Packers win, I guess...

Click.

(that's me closing the website wondering why I ever even opened it in the first place)

Hey, we work hard here to be homers. But, living on the East Coast with the media spoon feeding you this stuff... must be easy to think you are Super Bowl bound. Just ask a Jets fan. Or Eagles.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing as he got carted off the field, his resiliency isn't looking to great right now. People walk off the field with MCL Sprains.

Do you watch the Packers, or just the highlights? Do you get answers about the team from other plain fans, the media, or just assumptions?

Have you read articles on the injury, or just assume the worse? Because you trusted the 1st report you heard?

I am not trying to be an ***, but if you researched for yourself, you would know your statement is ignorant..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10795739

http://www.rantsports.com/blog/2011/12/12/greg-jennings-injury-update/

Me personally when I have a question about a player I research for myself..I dont get why people come to a forum to ask how a player is...Unless you have someone on the inside, you have to rely on media reports..

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you watch the Packers, or just the highlights? Do you get answers about the team from other plain fans, the media, or just assumptions?

Have you read articles on the injury, or just assume the worse? Because you trusted the 1st report you heard?

I am not trying to be an ***, but if you researched for yourself, you would know your statement is ignorant..

Me personally when I have a question about a player I research for myself..I dont get why people come to a forum to ask how a player is...Unless you have someone on the inside, you have to rely on media reports..
Believe it or not, I actually do watch the Packers. 2nd favorite team way behind the Giants though. I know what articles are saying, but I've seen different time and time again and I would be naive to believe against my own observations. I never said he wouldn't be a factor, it's just that lateral movement is a big part of Jennings' game and I would like to see how he reacts to being jammed at the line and knocked around a little.

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't meant to hijack the good football talk...but I'm driving to Lambeau Sunday for the game. I've heard that as a visiting fan the atmosphere is not too hostile. Assuming I'm not a idiot and respectfully cheer for my team....is this true?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't meant to hijack the good football talk...but I'm driving to Lambeau Sunday for the game. I've heard that as a visiting fan the atmosphere is not too hostile. Assuming I'm not a idiot and respectfully cheer for my team....is this true?

Its not hostile at all (maybe there are exceptions to the rule but ive NEVER seen anything bad). The Packers fans are essentially polar opposite of Eagles fans. Make sure to grab some brats, for whatever reason they are so much better in WI than anywhere else! eat,drink,and be merry. and enjoy the game, regardless of the outcome!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Yuppers...

Just a hint...Do get in the face of anyone (that should go with out saying) try to be respectful, after all your a VISITOR in OUR HOUSE...Treat it as such and I bet you will have a great time, win or lose..

I have been next to Steeler fans (twice), Buc fans, Saint fans, Bronco fans, Detroit fans (playoffs) and all have commented how nice everyone was.

I have been next to Viking fans and they were the WORSE even when losing they think they are the S***

I have been going to games since 92, and I havent seen to many issues at all..Dont think I ever seen a fight

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When one has a preconceived notion the facts be damned.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I actually do watch the Packers. 2nd favorite team way behind the Giants though. I know what articles are saying, but I've seen different time and time again and I would be naive to believe against my own observations. I never said he wouldn't be a factor, it's just that lateral movement is a big part of Jennings' game and I would like to see how he reacts to being jammed at the line and knocked around a little.

Ok, so knowing what you saw, the actual play when he got hurt, did it appear to be horrible? Not to me, didnt even look like it was a knee issue..

But because they aired on the side of caution and had him carted means it was worse then they are telling us?

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so knowing what you saw, the actual play when he got hurt, did it appear to be horrible? Not to me, didnt even look like it was a knee issue..

But because they aired on the side of caution and had him carted means it was worse then they are telling us?
I think it means that there is definitely some degree seriousness. This wasn't a sprain where he just stretched the ligament. He has a small tear. I'm not saying he won't be a factor, that would be ignorant. I just can't say with confidence that he will be what we've all become accustomed to watching.

Members online

Latest posts