Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 1/3: WIN 33 - 7

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a real meaningful game, but I would love to carry that momentum we are showing in December right into January. I would love a 3rd shot at those Vikings! GO PACK GO!

Anything we need to fix before the playoffs, lets get it figured out in this game. We need our team to be 100% focused by the time this game is over.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love a 3rd shot at those vikings too. We are definitely an other team now then we were when we faced the vikings earlier this season.

I'm exicted how both teams will play. I would play with all the starters, at least until halftime. Let's keep the momentum and beat them back to back...

CosmicRocker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A curiosity about this game:

Being that we have the #5 seed, and in no way are able to improve that, do we play the starters the first half and then sit them?

(I do know if we lose and the Cowpokes win, then we would fall to seed #6.)

The Cardinals might know if their chances of getting the bye is possible. If they can't move up, then a loss wouldn't hurt their seed either. Do they rest starters?

The second half of this game could be similar to a preseason matchup.

Any thoughts?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'll of course be rooting for the Packers, but this is the most apathetic i've ever felt towards a non-preseason Packers game. If we win, cool, if not, whatever.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game does matter for the D-Fence

Packers.com » News » Stories » December 30, 2009: No. 1 Ranking, Team Record At Stake For Run Defense In Finale
Allowing just 85.7 yards per game on the ground this year, the Packers are ranked No. 1 in the NFL in run defense. If they can hold onto that spot, they will complete a season No. 1 for the first time in franchise history. Only once in team history has Green Bay ranked as high as No. 2 in run defense, and that was in 1972.

But that's not all. This year's unit also has a chance to set a franchise record for the lowest per-game rushing average by an opponent. The mark is 85.2, established in 1994, when the Packers allowed 1,363 rushing yards over the 16-game season.

This year's team has allowed 1,285, so if the Packers surrender 77 rushing yards or less to the Cardinals on Sunday, a new franchise mark will be established.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think both teams will be playing 3rd stringers. No way we risk injury for a meaningless game. Phoenix will do the same. Watch.

At most we play our starters 1 quarter.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals won't be resting their starters if the Cowboys beat the Eagles and the Vikings beat the Giants, because then they'd be playing for a first round bye.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets say we did play the Vikings again would you rather play them in the wildcard game or the NFC Championship game?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB wins or loses will that have any impact on:
1) If they would get a bye? (I take it they won't regardless of the outcome)
2) Would that effect which team they play first in the playoffs?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If GB wins or loses will that have any impact on:
1) If they would get a bye? (I take it they won't regardless of the outcome)
2) Would that effect which team they play first in the playoffs?

1) Regardless of any outcome of any game, GB can NOT get a better seed than the 5th ... So there is no chance for a bye ...

2) However, pending on the outcome of the other games, it doesn't necesarily mean that GB will be playing Arizona twice in a row though ...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a slight chance that the Packers could play the Vikes in the Wildcard round. I started that one thread about it. That's the only other way we can face a different team.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a whole lot riding on this game, but I would like us to try somewhat, and go for the win. Nothing would make me happier than Burnt and the queens to lose their final game and finish with the same record as us. Especially after that undefeated start they had

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a whole lot riding on this game, but I would like us to try somewhat, and go for the win. Nothing would make me happier than Burnt and the queens to lose their final game and finish with the same record as us. Especially after that undefeated start they had
Totally agree.
This time I'm rooting for the Giants.
It'll be a good match up. Eli vs Burnt.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think we have to win as well as philly. and the saints and the *****es have to lose and then maybe we get our chance at the 40 year old burn out and his reeling squad of douches with their lumberjack coach who cant even keep his team under control.
If we get our chance at them I think we got it and if someone knocks out philly before we would have to play them at home and possibly have to deal with another 4th and 26, then we have a chance at making a run because the saints are losing their swag and coaches are learning their weaknesses and taking shots at them. Example: Week 16 20-17 TB over NO.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a Matt Ryan appearance. We have to get this guy some reps. I know we don't have a qualified backup at clipboard, but we have to take a chance with the stats and let Ryan take a few pulls under center.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this game may be meaningless to some or most of you.
But gosh darn it! I want the Pack to win!
1) I want them to so that they will have a shot at tying the Vikes record if the Vikes lose the early game against the Giants.
2) A win would help to keep them motivated going into the playoffs next week.
3) A win will be added onto Mike's W/L record and, let's face it, love him/hate him, the man needs more W's than L's.
3) And finally, I just want them to win because they are the team I'm rooting for!

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Senior moment, actually. Too many Matts to keep track of at QB. Matt Flynn, Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselback, Matt Schaub, Matt Cassell, and worst of all, Matt Favre.

Having said that, I'd still like to see Flynn get some reps.