Official Game Day Thread: Lions @ Packers 10/18: WIN 26 - 0

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the game, improvements, but nowhere near ready. Penalties, I've lost the faith in MM that he'll correct them. Pass protection was bad. Less, but drops.
-
D way better. Great tackling, great run D.

It's the Lions without their 2 best players, but nonetheless 0 points is a good achievement.

I agree. The D looked good, a shutout is nice regardless the circumstances. Matthews had a great game.

The penalties killed some big plays for us, they REALLY hurt.

OL still the same, now CC is back out again, who knows what his deal is.

Driver is one of the best Packers WR's ever and is having a great year, and all of the other offense players are coming around in their supporting roles.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
My B skol. AP is a terrific HB. But lets be honest, a hurt ankle could help the pack out tons :p

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We look average. What a sloppy game. We should have beat this team 42-0. Again, the o-line stinks and again Rodgers held onto the ball too long. I did hearing an interesting comment about why he does this - he would rather take a sack then risk an interception. Very undesciplined team - not Raiders undesciplined, but way too many penalities. I beat we still win our next 7 games. Maybe the light will come on. Rodgers looked really good throwing - you can hear the ball hitting the hands of the receivers. I don't think Grant is under performing. This line nedds to go back to the ZBS which fits Grant.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 2 of the sacks Rodgers was holding on to the ball for too long. If anyone didn't see that, they're blind. We did okay, but this was what people expected basically out of the packers in this game minus the shutout. They were terrible in the Red Zone. Due to some O-Line mistakes. Some penalties killed us on drives so we couldn't get a TD. Chad Clifton was bad and I was expecting him to be at least a little bit better in this game. TJ Lang looked good in his position though. Hopefully TJ can step up his game and that will be very helpful this season for sure.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 2 of the sacks Rodgers was holding on to the ball for too long. If anyone didn't see that, they're blind.
Totally agree. But in 3 other plays, because he held the ball, he made some crucial plays. He could hold the ball less time and keep throwing incompletions, but that would help the D too. They could've called running plays, but we were getting 2 yards per run. Fact is the OL is terrible, and Rodgers is a very good, if not great QB.
-
BTW, is he getting sacked on 3rd downs, or on 1st and 2nd? I don't know actually, and have just thought about it now. IMO unless he gets out of FG range, getting sacked by holding too long in 3rd downs is OK. On 1st and 2nd, it's not.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
out of all the games so far that i predicted the only ones i was wrong on was the vikings game and so far the eagles game.i'll have to wait and see the bears game and broncos games but i said the falcons and broncos win.i knew all along that packers would beat the lions.never had a doubt

Reaction score
Quality of Play

There is still a lack of concentration and quality in their performance and not much passion. You would have thought they could do better with the bye week. This convinces me they will be third in the division. How many sacks to the...Lions? They are not able to run the ball. Too many weaknesses.

nflfan01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My B skol. AP is a terrific HB. But lets be honest, a hurt ankle could help the pack out tons :p

Don't you find it pathetic that your only shot at stoping the Vikings is hoping AD gets injured?.. Cuz I sure do.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Don't you find it pathetic that your only shot at stoping the Vikings is hoping AD gets injured?.. Cuz I sure do.

Actually, I think there are many ways for us to "stopping" the vikings. Like for one, Our secondary will pick apart Favre Nov1. Cause unlike last game we will have both our starting Safeties in.

Also, i do believe we held AP to 55 total yards last game. So no, I dont think AP getting hurt is our only chance of winning.

Add that to our, hopefully fixed offense and Pack come out on top every time. As for the division, Vikes definitely have the lead, and are gonna be hard to knock down, but its still very possible.

Kthxbye.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's a difference between hoping someone "gets hurt", which no one really wants to see happen to a good player like AD, and hoping your team can capitalize on an opponents injury situation, which happens all the time in the NFL.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Kinda like the Dikequeens did against us on Monday Night when our safeties were out :X

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Kinda like the Dikequeens did against us on Monday Night when our safeties were out :X

ROFL !!!

I think that's a first time I've seen that .... usually it's been the "Bi-Queens", "Vi-Queens", "Roid-Queens" etc haha

But yeah, I doubt any serious fan ever wishes (physical) ill on any other NFL player (except on Brady perhaps ???) ... However as in any other team oriented sport on an "elite-level", injuries happens and the teams that are able to adjust to those injuries the best, comes out on top ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots but really like Brady. There's just something about a 6th rounder winning 3 SBs with mediocre receivers that makes me admire him.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots but really like Brady. There's just something about a 6th rounder winning 3 SBs with mediocre receivers that makes me admire him.

Personally I credit Belicheck more than I do Brady ... - Brady did have an "impressive" game against the Titans ... however ... considering how the Titans have played this season though ...

I never really understood all the hype about Brady ... - personally I think he is a little overrated ... Belicheck has more to do with those 3 SB wins than Brady has imho ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I credit Belicheck more than I do Brady ... - Brady did have an "impressive" game against the Titans ... however ... considering how the Titans have played this season though ...

I never really understood all the hype about Brady ... - personally I think he is a little overrated ... Belicheck has more to do with those 3 SB wins than Brady has imho ...
I'm not taking away credit from Belicheat, but take Brady out of that team and put Bledsoe, and they don't win it. They didn't when he was there. Brady is as good as Manning. Proven by the 2007 season. Manning is better at adjusting against defenses, but Brady is better at reacting after the snap. They have comparable accuracy and arm strenght, and both are great leaders. One could argue that Brady is actually a better leader than Manning. Brady never threw his team under the bus after losing to Sand Diego for thee 100000000th time in the post season...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can not like Brady all you want, but to say he's overrated is questionable. The guy was great before his injury leading the Pats to 3 sb's and now he's looking like he is returning to form. I would hate to play the pats.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it wasn't for that interception wouldnt rodgers have a perfect passer rating for that game??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts