Official Game Day Thread: Dolphins @ Packers - 10/17: LOSS 23 - 20

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit this is very early but come on I cant wait for this game on Sunday wheter it be Flynn or Rodgers Packers gotta win this because my brother is a Dolphins fan and I cant take a loss here it would destroy the rest of my season hahaha :D

Lets go Pack

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit this is very early....
Yeah....
It's getting to be like the stores selling Christmas stuff. LOL
(I kid I kid. Your a good guy GBP.)

The way the Packers are playing, I'll be surprised if they win anymore.
Would love it. But still surprised.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's never too early to start thinking football!!!!!!! Besides, I need some distraction from last week and nothing is as good as thinking of the next battle!!! Miami might be tough, we'll be missing a lot of guys due to injury and some of our most important ones (Rogers, Finley, Matthews... I can't even bring myself to complete the list :( ) But all that aside, we just can't give up, so much football left to play! Keep on rollin' Pack!!!! We love you, win or lose (please don't lose!). Go Pack Go!!!!

4EvasBiggestFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I have been around here for the past 24 hrs as more of a hound on one of your trolls, HOWEVER, I am quite the Dolphins fan and will be at this game. I went to the Queens/Fins game earlier this year, so needless to say living in the midwest and getting to see my team play twice in a season is exciting for me.

This is a game that could go either way. Miami's special teams have been exposed by both the Yets and the Pats. I haven't had a chance to really see how Green Bay's ST's are but you guys could expose us pretty well on it.

Defensively I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan has some tricks up his sleeve and some stunts to run on defense, and even more so if Flynn is playing. Our run D has been solid for most of the year so I like our odds against your run game.

Offense, depends which team shows up. We need Long to be able to handle the rush like he can but we need to find a way to keep Matthews out of our backfield (if he plays, haven't read any status updates on him). If Henne is getting rushed around it will throw off his game big time as he hasn't developed that in game resiliency yet. He knows how to bounce back from bad games as a whole, but not in the moment.

Either way, been to Lambeau a handful of times before, but now I can look on with 100% interest in this game.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it may be a tough game fins have talent they have good running backs,and as tough as this game may be without matthews i think they can win this game,why we lost last one was penalties at the end,they need to stop the penalties,and win in the 4th quater after these poor games i think the team will bounce back there like dynamite when you think it's a dud and you walk away boom,and i think that is what will happen with the pack.

John L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
play action and spread - that should be all we do on offense. With Finley out, more passes to Jennings, Driver and Quarrells with some passes to bJax on a few screens. If we do play action and spread I think Flynn - although I do believe that Rodgers will play - could do it for us.

Capers is going to have to call a heck of game.

Go Pack Go

Packers 31 - 25

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have we had any playaction passes at all this season? i think the total # has got to be less then 10 through 5 games

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oho a fun bit of info I seen on a football ticker this afternoon was something like the Pack have won their last 6 @ home by an avg of 16pts!
I tried googling for that stat but no luck =\

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not feeling good about this one at all. Miami needs to win to keep pace with the Jets.

Plus, anyone who says we are not rushing Rodgers back from his concussion is a fool. would not be surprised if our offense has a terrible game.

Not only that, but after CM3 came out of the game against Washington our D was terrible. knowing he wont be there at all helps prepare the game plan, but still, i would not be surprised if our D didn't do too hot either.

Injuries have kicked our *** way too much this season, and something tells me we really see it this week.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
We'll win, because if we don't my three best friends who are dolphins fans will let me hear about it for about a year. So there ya go, Pack wins.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

This game is probably going to be ugly. Hope the packers bounced back from last weeks ****** game.

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be at the game. It's going to be really interesting to see how MM approches
dealing with the Dolphins defense. I'm just praying we get out of the game injury free. :(

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
:chisux:
Oho a fun bit of info I seen on a football ticker this afternoon was something like the Pack have won their last 6 @ home by an avg of 16pts!
I tried googling for that stat but no luck =\
You know it's true. But let's take a look at that. First, why the last 6 games? Because the 7th was the loss to the Vikings last year. And lets take a look at some of the scores. Going backwards in time

Detroit by 2 (1-4 so far this year)
Buffalo by 27 (0-5 so far this year)
Seattle by by 38 (last year. Seattle was 5-11 on the year)
Baltimore by 13
San Francisco by 6
Dallas by 10

Take away the lopsided loss by the Seahawks and the number is down to 9.7 points a game.

The only two teams worth bragging about is Dallas and Baltimore at this point. And so far this year, not even Dallas.

It's called cherry picking stats. (It's like saying the last 6 home games for the Vikings last year, they beat their opponents by and average of 21 points. While true, it has no bearing on this year.)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
CBS NFL Today is reporting that Rogers will start but no CM3 today (hamstring still not strong enough). I still think they should sit Rogers too, concussions scare me! Please let all go well today!

Game not on CBS Philly either, they have a 4 pm game but no 1 pm game! WTH?

Members online

Latest posts