Official Game Day Thread: Bears @ Packers 9/13: WIN 21 - 15

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
what was the point of the 2 point conversion? Practice?

COME ON D!! Don't let Hester gets behind you.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Camera shot of Baby-Huey on the sidelines...I mean Cutler. Good job in the 4th quarter, Packers !

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers struggled the whole game but were solid the last 7-8 minutes in the 4th.

Good times!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That games shook my confidence A LOT. D looks tremendous. Our offense needs to get their rhythm, but that usually how it is at the beginning of the season.

That fake punt was devastating to Da Bears.

I have to say. I LIKE OUR NEW DEFENSE!! Looks like the Bears and Vikes aren't the only ones with GREAT D now.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM was out coached on offense this game. TT better be on the phone to get a lineman, Right Tackle. We have some things to iron out, but wow our defense looks good and they will only get better.

Did the Bears totally take our tight ends out of the game?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK YOU TT FOR TRADING FOR CUTLER!!! THANK YOU AROD FOR SHOWING UP IN THE END! AND MOST OF ALL, THANK YOU DOM CAPERS, YOU'RE THE BEST DC IN THE LEAGUE!

P.S.: AWESOME Special Teams. Awesome. But Barbre, GET BETTER OR GET OUT! Bring Guacamole!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Barbre got BBQ'd Ugh......

Cutler got rattled early, and never recovered. I think it will be a different QB when we go to Chicago.

Dom Capers is a Bloody Genius on D. That was the most impressive Defensive performance I've seen since we held Barry Sanders to -3 yards rushing.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damnnn, that was a close one. I was going nuts when the non-existent illegal touching call was enforced. TT has to get Breno in at RT or try out the FA market because that was awful.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D looked better than it did last year, but still gave up some long passes. That bothers me. Our offense was definitely not clicking until late in the 4th quarter. I personally think we should get the game in the bag by halftime, then hit the cruise control button for the 2nd half, but I'll take it anyway.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
There must be a lot of anguished cries, and gnashing of teeth in Bear land right now.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Packers-Bears game except in reverse. They rack up the stats, our guys make the plays that win. Just enough.

Let's not forget the Packers missed two good opportunities early to get out front. They left 10 points on the field with the missed Crosby field goal and Rodgers overthrowing a wide open Driver in the first half. That would have made it 20-2 for the Pack at the half.

It's an ugly win but when they go your way - especially the way the Packers repeatedly lost these close games last season - they can still be called beautiful.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Excuse me while I rip off Peter King.

10 Things I Think About Packers/Bears:

1) The new D could take us places. Matt Forte, one of the top 5 backs in the league, was an absolute nonfactor tonight. Cutler, a Pro Bowl caliber QB threw 4 picks. Couldn't be more impressed.

2) Cullen Jenkins is a beast. Our best offseason pickup was getting him healthy.

3) Johnny Jolly is also a beast. Wreaking havoc all night, and that was far and away the best interception i've ever seen a defensive linemen make.

4) Brilliant call going deep on 3rd and 1. You know you're going for it on 4th, you may as well take a shot.

5) Rodgers was suddenly mortal tonight. Average numbers, but he came up HUGE when it counted. He was missing those deep balls all night until it mattered most, and then he hit Jennings in stride.

6) What's Mark Tauscher doing these days? I'm actually being completely serious when I say they should bring him in for a workout and see if he has anything left.

7) Cutler was horrible. I don't know if he was feeling the pressure of Packers/Bears, or if he isn't communicating well enough with his receivers, but he was terrible. I no longer fear him.

8 ) The Bears need to cut the long snapper that audibled into the fake punt. No excuse for trying that when you're up only 2 in the 4th quarter. He didn't cost them the game, but he didn't help.

9) My non-Packers thoughts for Sunday:
a) Favre was unspectacular in his debut. Lucky for him he didn't have to be. It was much like the Texans game where he needed only to be a Game Manager and let All Day win it for them. My God that man is a beast.

b) Brandon Stokely's catch will be the best play anyone makes all season.

c) The Cardinals might be the latest team to be terrible the year after losing in the Super Bowl.

10) Summing up, really couldn't be more impressed with the D. They won this one for us, which is something that didn't happen last year. The O needs work, and a game against a soft D like Cincy might be enough to get us back on track next week. A Rod finally got the late game monkey off his back tonight. He brought us back for a win in a game that wasn't against the lowly Lions. Will the Favre supporters shut up about that now? Probably not. Looking very forward to next week, I feel like we should slaughter Cincy, but as Chris Berman says "That's why they play the games."

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this is my first post outside of the introduction thread. I have to say the Packers D has me pumped this year... maybe even more so than the offense... The D was extremely impressive!!!! BUT my major concern is Mr. Barbre (spelling?). His performance was awful.... that makes me concerned especially against more potent D lines like the vikings now that the williams blobs will be playing. Are they going to give this guy some help? What are peoples thoughts on this??

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About Tauscher: He refused to work out with teams till October, cause he's still doing rehab. But even with Barbre, we'll absolutely murder Cincinnati.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cincinnati looks a joke this year. Should easily crush them.

Be ready for Ocho Cinco to do something stupid around the game.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what was the point of the 2 point conversion? Practice?

COME ON D!! Don't let Hester gets behind you.
Clearly the extra point gained from the 2 pt. conversion didn't matter, so I would have to say the it had more to do with sticking it to the Bears for getting a safety on us earlier. Or MM didn't want to see the Bears block another kick against us like they did last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts