Official Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Packers 12/5: WIN 34 - 16

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok time to move on from the ATL loss and look towards Sundays game!

Its the throwback game people.

Anything that worries anyone about the 9ers? Will Rodgers be trying to exact some revenge against the team that left him in the draft room in favor of Smith?

Its a short week for the 9ers as well as they play tonight (Monday), so if you can check out what we have to go up against.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohhh now that's the rub!!! Go forth, yesterday is behind us and today is a brand new day! Lets just hope they take everything out on the 49'ers, poor helpless things they are! We are in need of a good romp and I think this is just what we need. I'm not really worried over the 49'ers and whatever it is they are calling a QB now. Westbrook is there (if they play him), I really hope they don't rattle Westbrook as I love that guy. But alas, all is fair in love and football. Go Packers GO!!! Can't wait to see those throwback jerseys!!!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seen a 48ers game when Smith was playing,don't underestimate them,they play a good game no the records don't show that,but they need a q.b that is what holds them back,d-line is good too,but they are on the field a lot so they get worn down I will watch tonight but they are like the lions they have talent without a good q,b right now.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do remember arguing with several people on the forum about Westbrook.

5 carries 9 yards. And thats not 1 game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I was glad to see our offense seems to be on track (except run game) so I can't imagine a scenario where the Pack doesn't dominate this team.
At this point in the season, they should dominate poorer teams and win or...well... like yesterday, be IN it!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith is a good player in terms of he knows how to win. Packers should handle them though if they prepare properly and don't go into this thinking it is a win, which they won't. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past GB to give out a hefty beating Sunday but we'll see.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Gosh, I think you misspoke, you want some big 49er player to kiss your ***?
Do something else to his ***, more likely. (LTF you can yell at me for this, I know he's gone, but this was too hard to pass up)

Anyways, back on topic, the only thing I'm really afraid of is Frank Gore. The guy is a monster. If we game plan for him, we can shut him down ala Adrian Peterson. Is Alex Smith starting? I thought it was Troy...

jhutch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy smith is starting and gore went to the locker room with some kind of injury.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
oh good phew. i thought we played new england this week. luckily all the 49ers have is frank gore and michael crabtree. troy smith looks good but not that good

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, the Packers win. Champions always defend their turf. But what is a throwback uniform? Can someone post a picture of it? I found a website dedicated to Packer uniforms going back to the 1920's.....and there are 10 if not 12 different uniforms. One reviewer said "looking at some of the past Packer uniforms could make you ill." So is it the 1944 uniforms?

Sidebar: ESPN opened cable channel 211 in Australia. To advertise it they showed a picture of Aaron Rodgers wearing a Packer uniform. His uniform number? 211

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, the Packers win. Champions always defend their turf. But what is a throwback uniform? Can someone post a picture of it? I found a website dedicated to Packer uniforms going back to the 1920's.....and there are 10 if not 12 different uniforms. One reviewer said "looking at some of the past Packer uniforms could make you ill." So is it the 1944 uniforms?

Sidebar: ESPN opened cable channel 211 in Australia. To advertise it they showed a picture of Aaron Rodgers wearing a Packer uniform. His uniform number? 211

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/radran/4653789448/"]Throwback uniforms | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Not sure why it just won't post the link to the page without the big box... but whatever...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I bought tickets to this game two months back for two reasons one its the throwback game and i figure Rodgers will show San Francisco why they shouldn't of passed up on him. Also hoping we could get Singletary fired, though unlikely its been a trend lately.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do remember arguing with several people on the forum about Westbrook.

5 carries 9 yards. And thats not 1 game.

That might of been me. He was one of my fav players when I was an Eagles fan and I still consider myself a fan of Westbrook. He's been riddled with concussions, that's pretty much why the Eagles parted ways with him. i thought he was going to retire and I wanted him to come to Green Bay in the worst way possible. I love him, he's a freakin wizard! I hope he can get some game, just not against us!!! He is somebody the D should watch for.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last seasons game against the 9ers was pretty decent
yeah, we absolutely KILLED them in the first half. It was like Oregon against the Golden Gophers.
But then in the 2nd half, they came on.... Vernon Davis beat us, Crabtree beat Al Harris for a TD.

Then Kampman, and Harris' shredded their knees within about 5 minutes of each other.... the game ended up close.

Now I see the 49ers are showing life whipping Arizona at Arizona.
And they will be just 1 game back in their division, as we are.

It's a game that reminds me of the game we lost last year to Cincinnati, also at home for us. Dangerous game.... the kind like we lost to Miami, and Washington this year... games we should have for sure won.

Luckily the Niners QB sucks.
But so does Henne and McNabb.....

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mmmmm crow taste great!

then again he hasnt played all season (almost) so he is pretty fresh

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol I talk a little smack and it bites me in the butt
Westbrook is still a big upgrade over Brandon Jackson. I don't think anyone in their right mind really questioned that.

For Brian, it was all about the concussions.
And with the amount of them this year, and the SICK amount of injuries to OUR TEAM, Westbrook probably wouldn't have lasted 50 carries this season on our team.

But ya never know.
Who would have thought Woodson would be so durable for 5 seasons with us after his issues in Oakland all the time.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I agree, as long as they dont go in the game thinking "easy win" it will be. Keep focused. Play like its the superbowl. Should be a nice win to get us back on track after sundays loss.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing really worries me about the 49ers, there is not one, zero, nill, zilch, reason for the Packers to completely blow them out. Plus being a "special" night at home with the throwbacks i fully expect them to blow them out.

Now what the real topic of conversation should be is that the winner of that division is most likely going to be under .500, in the playoffs, and have a home game...lol. Ridiculous. especially considering that there will probably be a 10-6 or 11-5 team that misses...

Members online

Latest posts