Official Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Packers 12/5: WIN 34 - 16

Tahoegirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9er fan here. Not here to talk smack at all. Not looking forward to Sundays game against GB. Yes, the niners won tonight against a very bad Card team.

Some updates: Gore is most likely out with a hip injury on crutches Our O line is banged up Baas concussion, Rachal knee Staley out broken leg Not only will we have two rookies on the line, but all backups starting on Sunday. Our O line is horrible. All you need to do is blitz all day long and you should be able to beat us with a blow out. Plus 9ers just can't win in GB. Follow the bucs game plan and you should be fine.

now on a positive note. 9ers played some good teams only losing by 3 points. Should or defense hold up and or offense do something it might be a good game. Maybe even come down to the wire.

No matter what happens here is to a good game and no injuries.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
tahoegirl, yeah I hope we see no injuries unlike last year. And the Pack have only lost by 3 points practically all season. But I really want Rodgers to be hot, and show the 49ers why they should of picked him, again. Sorry to hear about Gore, we know how injuries affect the team.

I really want a nice Packer win, if they do they will probably also wear their throwbacks more often, unlike what happened to Seattle last year. And no OMG the opponent is going to come back in the 4th quarter nailbiter game, I am sick of those.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
wow gore is out for season. luckily i drafted durable running backs this year with lesean mccoy and rashard mendenhall

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9er fan here. Not here to talk smack at all. Not looking forward to Sundays game against GB. Yes, the niners won tonight against a very bad Card team.

Some updates: Gore is most likely out with a hip injury on crutches Our O line is banged up Baas concussion, Rachal knee Staley out broken leg Not only will we have two rookies on the line, but all backups starting on Sunday. Our O line is horrible. All you need to do is blitz all day long and you should be able to beat us with a blow out. Plus 9ers just can't win in GB. Follow the bucs game plan and you should be fine.

now on a positive note. 9ers played some good teams only losing by 3 points. Should or defense hold up and or offense do something it might be a good game. Maybe even come down to the wire.

Well we've outplayed teams a few times this year and still found ways to lose by 3 points.
We outgained Atlanta by over 100 yards yesterday, but lost because we lost the turnover battle, and our special teams sucks.
I can see Ted Ginn taking one or two to the house. He was a guy, like Westbrook, that I wanted us to add to our team.

As long as our special teams isn't terrible, or we don't commit an uncharacteristic 2+ turnovers, we should be okay here.

But all the whining we've done, Gruden did about the terrible NFC West getting a playoff spot... check this out: If The Niners beat us in Green Bay this week, we DO NOT DESERVE TO EVEN make the playoffs.

We're good enough to win at Atlanta, at NY Jets, at Philly. We better crush the Niners. But we did crush the Vikings and Cowboys.
Maybe we need to learn how to win gut check games. Still, I'd rather have a blowout and no injuries.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, as long as they dont go in the game thinking "easy win" it will be. Keep focused. Play like its the superbowl. Should be a nice win to get us back on track after sundays loss.

I dont think this team at this point will think that way

Tahoegirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tahoegirl, yeah I hope we see no injuries unlike last year. And the Pack have only lost by 3 points practically all season. But I really want Rodgers to be hot, and show the 49ers why they should of picked him, again. Sorry to hear about Gore, we know how injuries affect the team.

I really want a nice Packer win, if they do they will probably also wear their throwbacks more often, unlike what happened to Seattle last year. And no OMG the opponent is going to come back in the 4th quarter nailbiter game, I am sick of those.

I'm with you on the nail biter games. I hate those and we normally come out on the wrong end of those games.

With Gore out for the season with a fracture hip. Westbrook most likely will get the start with Dixon the rookie coming in from time to time. Only thing going for us with Gore out. Our coaches will have to go with a balanced attack. Per our OC Troy does not know enough of the playbook to open up the passing game which makes me wonder if they are stupid enough to go back to Alex. Hopefully not.

Now GB will have to change their defense game planning a little besides stopping or run game they will have to see how much of a passing game we go with. If Troy starts stop his ability to roll out of the pocket game is yours. Though tonight Troy did make some nice passes in the pocket and showed more pocket presences. Also remember Troy has also started only 6 games as well.

I think the packers are coming out hungry and needing this win to stay in the playoff hunt. Should the niners lose sadly we can still be in the running with us still having to play 3 more division games so far we only lost 1 of those. we are 2-1 in our division. Should we lose Sunday no doubt we have to win the remainder games.. Should we lose out. I'll be routing for the packers should they make the playoffs. Always like Rodgers and Clay Matthews is a beast.

L

Lunchboxer

Lets bounce back from the loss to ATL.

And hope Da Bears lose to who ever they are playing.

Who are the Bears playing this week are they playing against anyone good.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Da Bears are playing at the Lions this week.
Look for the Lions upset.
They're mad they got shallacked on Thanksgiving.
They're mad the refs STOLE the first game of the season from them by saying Calvin Johnson did not, in fact, catch that game-winning touchdown pass even though 100% of the Bears, the Lions, and the crowd knew he did.

Payback.

Lions 24
Burrs 17

Cutler gets back to his old self with 2 interceptions, and Suh and Corey Williams and Kyle Vandenbosch just obliterate the Bears pathetic OL and they sack Cutler 8 times. Injuring him in the 4th quarter when Suh smashes Cutler down on his shoulder. Just as Peppers did to Stafford in the opening game of the season.

Packers roll 49ers 38-0.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Everyones talking about how we need breaks. Frank Gore going down for the season sounds like a break to me. Westbrook may have looked good, but he's not as hard a runner as Gore or Turner.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what everyone is over looking is the 49ers special teams play. Ther St looks very good with ginn returning punts and kick. They can beat us if our St don't show up this game. As far as Troy smith is concerned I think capers should keep Troy bottled in don't give him throwing lanes wich I don't think they will throw much. Just St plz step up to the plate and we got this game.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Detriot plays 60 mins of football for a change...they need to remind the bears that they still suck.

Packers beat 49ers. 34 to 10.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Detriot plays 60 mins of football for a change...they need to remind the bears that they still suck.

Packers beat 49ers. 34 to 10.

The Lions should be out for some revenge against the Bears. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about their game 1, Lions were robbed and should of won that game!!!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
But with the Bears luck, Suh will be injured and Calvin Johnson would get shut out. I do hope that the Lions kill the Bears though, and wipe the smug off Cutler.

But onto the Packers game, go Navy and Gold! Stop the 49ers in their tracks and bring home a WIN! Though I don't mind the throwbacks why would they wear them in December? Packers didn't have home games in December back then?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the game,and I feel for the 49ers like us they lost one of their good r.bs Westbrook is still good Crabtree caught an awesome pass Troy Smith did good but I think the Cards bad defense,that blunder between q.b and r.b Beenie Wells it went down hill from there for them.Now for us think they go in this game and play the way they have Jackson really needs to show he is a r.b and not let A-Rod get more yards than him how embarrassing is that,s.t they need to wach out we can get burned there,that is really the only concern I have is giving up a t.d on a kick off or punt return.But the pack should prevail think they will win by 45-7 just because I want them too.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still dont think we'll have very much to worry about this game. Especially with Gore now out.

Against ATL the reason Ryan was able to be so efficient was because their running game was dominating, opening up the play action etc. (man just imagine if we were able to have an effective running game making opposing defenses have to respect the run!)

I dont know, overall i just dont feel like we're going to have too much trouble with these guys.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, so many comments and it's still Tuesday...

I've said before people, chill out. We win this game, easily. Then we win against the Lions. Then we probably lose against the Patriots. Then we win against the Giants, and the last game will be a nail biter against the 9-6 Bears, but we'll win, go 11-5 and get the #2 seed in the playoffs.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Somewhere, Clay Matthews III is watching tape and licking his chops. Even with Gore gone, I think the OL problems are much bigger for the 49ers. I am going to predict a solid Packer victory. Singletary will make it through the entire game without getting fired, but I would suspect 50-50 at the end of the season. (I'm still waiting for word in ATL if Smith's job is safe :) ). The Packers work out a little frustration from the ATL loss.

Packers 45 49ers 10
CMIII 2 sacks

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a battle of two teams that can't rush for sh*t.
GB wins because they can pass!
Nate Clemens is a shutdown cb but 85 should put up good #'s
plus if he's covered DD and JJ will step up.

Short week for SF + Long road trip + GB weather + GB Passing = GB WIN
34-21

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the kind of game where good teams blow up the weaker opponent. The Niners are nearly as banged up as the Packers and I fully expect MM to press them hard for 60 minutes. Relentless comes to mind. Same thing the next week against the Lions and I really believe we match up well with the Patriots and have a good shot of coming away from Bahstahn at 10-4.

Members online

Latest posts