Official Bear week again!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Eagles give up a TON of big plays through the air, we are at home, eagles wont have nick foles instead it will be mark sanchez....... Peppers and clay will feast again. Maybe not as much of a blow out, but a damn good win again next week is in store.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles give up a TON of big plays through the air, we are at home, eagles wont have nick foles instead it will be mark sanchez....... Peppers and clay will feast again. Maybe not as much of a blow out, but a damn good win again next week is in store.
Mark Sanchez is overrated.
And maybe this time it will be a nuts fumble. As in "Aw nuts" and off the family jewels! LOL

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Eagles have had 5 easy games so far on their schedule, hardly a rough road so far..... We shall punch them in the jaw as well. Statement time for the pack!!!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't often visit other teams' boards, but I had to see what the Bear fans were saying over on one of their boards. This post nearly caused me to blow my cereal milk through my nose this morning:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bears forum is the best to lurk on to see funny rants?

www.bearsfansonline.com

:D I almost pizzed my pants reading some posts last night. My God... the same exact guys that were trying to tell me the past 2 years that this Bears offense would be unstoppable are now saying fire the entire team! lol

They are going out of their minds and it is FANTAAAASTIC! :laugh::laugh: One guy wrote something about wishing that Virginia McCaskey would have aborted her kids. They are out of control. 670 the score this morning was awesome! I LOVE IT!

BTW... I'm looking for a thread that was on here about that same subject where guys were anointing Alshon Jeffery the next Jerry Rice. Say what you want about Jay, other than Forte that's about the most over-rated group in the NFL. Alshon Jeffery hasn't proven shi# yet in my mind.

H

HardRightEdge

Schadenfreude is, at best, a guilty pleasure. In the end, celebrating the misfortunes of others is a race to the bottom.

H

HardRightEdge

www.bearsfansonline.com

:D I almost pizzed my pants reading some posts last night. My God... the same exact guys that were trying to tell me the past 2 years that this Bears offense would be unstoppable are now saying fire the entire team! lol

They are going out of their minds and it is FANTAAAASTIC! :laugh::laugh: One guy wrote something about wishing that Virginia McCaskey would have aborted her kids. They are out of control. 670 the score this morning was awesome! I LOVE IT!

BTW... I'm looking for a thread that was on here about that same subject where guys were anointing Alshon Jeffery the next Jerry Rice. Say what you want about Jay, other than Forte that's about the most over-rated group in the NFL. Alshon Jeffery hasn't proven shi# yet in my mind.
While you're at it, go back a couple of years and find where some guys were saying Shields has made Jeffery his little b*tch. With Williams having returned to his pre-shoulder injury form, it's now a dual effort.

Jeffery has beaten up some secondaries, just not ours.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Schadenfreude is, at best, a guilty pleasure. In the end, celebrating the misfortunes of others is a race to the bottom.
There was a time when the shoe was on the other foot and I remember it well. I really don't worry too much about the other team's or fan's feelings. In the final analysis, it's just a game.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's the Bears fans. The most classless in all of football other than Raiders fans. Yes, I very much enjoy their pain.

PLEASE don't attempt to pull the old "Well, it's just because they are our rival that we hate their fans". Try telling that to somebody that's attempted to watch a game in Chicago without getting beer thrown at them the entire game.

Packer fans are fantastic by enlarge. The Bears have a very large portion of complete a-hole fans.

H

HardRightEdge

It's the Bears fans. The most classless in all of football other than Raiders fans. Yes, I very much enjoy their pain.

PLEASE don't attempt to pull the old "Well, it's just because they are our rival that we hate their fans". Try telling that to somebody that's attempted to watch a game in Chicago without getting beer thrown at them the entire game.

Packer fans are fantastic by enlarge. The Bears have a very large portion of complete a-hole fans.
I know all about it...I lived in the Chicago area from 1973 - 2012, through the dark years and into the light. I've been to Bears game wearing Packer attire; I've been to Cubs games in Braves attire. I never had a problem with anybody...not so much as a word. I hear these kinds of complaints from many fans in many opposing venues. It makes one wonder who is precipitating the exchanges.

It also helps to have an appreciation for the game that matches the appreciation of the team. It brings some perspective to the proceedings.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know all about it...I lived in the Chicago area from 1973 - 2012, through the dark years and into the light. I've been to Bears game wearing Packer attire; I've been to Cubs games in Braves attire. I never had a problem with anybody...not so much as a word. I hear these kinds of complaints from many fans in many opposing venues. It makes one wonder who is precipitating the exchanges.

It also helps to have an appreciation for the game that matches the appreciation of the team. It brings some perspective to the proceedings.

lol...of course...why would I expect anything different than that type of response.

Just last year a friend of mine was at Chicago for a game with his wife. This is a guy that doesn't say shi# if he had a mouth full of it. Beer poured on him and said it literally was brutal. We were at an event and he was telling this story and of the handful of guys that also had been there, almost every one said the same thing. ...and no... these are a bunch of old men that are anything but instigators.

There was a thread on here a while back about this and plenty of stories told. I have a place in northern WI. Same exact thing with Bears fans up there by enlarge. I really could give a rip what you want to believe or spew here or insinuate, they're often a classless bunch of idiots.

I was at the Vikings game this year in GB and some drunk Packer fan was being a dckhead to some Viking fan for no reason at all. Me and about a dozen other fans around told him to knock it off. ya... THAT'S happening in Chicago HRE. RIGHT! :tup:

H

HardRightEdge

lol...of course...why would I expect anything different than that type of response.

Just last year a friend of mine was at Chicago for a game with his wife. This is a guy that doesn't say shi# if he had a mouth full of it. Beer poured on him and said it literally was brutal. We were at an event and he was telling this story and of the handful of guys that also had been there, almost every one said the same thing. ...and no... these are a bunch of old men that are anything but instigators.

There was a thread on here a while back about this and plenty of stories told. I have a place in northern WI. Same exact thing with Bears fans up there by enlarge. I really could give a rip what you want to believe or spew here or insinuate, they're often a classless bunch of idiots.

I was at the Vikings game this year in GB and some drunk Packer fan was being a dckhead to some Viking fan for no reason at all. Me and about a dozen other fans around told him to knock it off. ya... THAT'S happening in Chicago HRE. RIGHT! :tup:
You're a combative individual who likes to SHOUT and provoke. "Just sayin" (ugh).

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Last night was a Packers fan’s schadenfreude dream. I understand some Packers fans consider the Vikings the biggest rival but many (perhaps mostly old-timers like me) consider the Bears the permanent chief rival of the Packers. The rivalry took a very positive turn when Bob Harlan brought Ron Wolf to Green Bay; since then the Packers have won over 72% of the games against the Bears (according to the jsonline game story http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/Packers-roll-to-another-easy-victory-over-Bears.html). More recently, McCarthy has won 9 of the last 10 against them, including the game that has to burn a hole in the heart of true Bears fans: Their biggest rivals beating them at their house for a chance to go onto Super Bowl XLV. And to rub more than a little salt in the wound, the Packers went on to win their second championship since the Bears last won one, nearly three decades ago. (Keeping the Bears out of the playoffs in last season’s dramatic finale was just the cherry on top of that huge Sundae.)

Fast forward to this season and the Packers not only annihilated the Bears last night – the amazing thing about the 41-point margin was the game wasn’t that close. I’m not even sure how early that game was over, but it was early, early, early. The Bears played with the Packers for almost a half in their first game this year and then the Packers scored 69 unanswered points. Sixty-nine. Even worse for the Bears is they became the first NFL team since 1923 to surrender 50 or more points in back-to-back games. Wow, how long has it been since Lovie roamed the Bears’ sidelines? This is from the Tribune’s Steve Rosenbloom column, Why wasn’t Marc Trestman fired at halftime? http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ers-sunday-night-debacle-20141109-column.html
At 3-6, the Bears are done. They are hopeless. They are leaderless. They appeared heartless at times in the first half Sunday. How much more damning evidence does Emery need? Emery has to fire Trestman now. He has no other option if he wants to keep his job, and even then, Emery still might get whacked. Emery’s odd choice of coach has destroyed all hope for the next three years because the Trestman decision was tied to the $54 million the GM guaranteed to Cutler.

Emery could’ve franchise-tagged the erratic quarterback for one year and let him walk if he played as badly as, well, he has played this year. Emery could’ve whacked Trestman, too, and started over. How good would that option be now? How dreadful will the remainder of Cutler’s contract feel now? It’s over. Trestman’s career here. Emery’s career here. Maybe Ted Phillips’, too. Maybe they can get a group rate for the national convention of village idiots.
In January, Cutler signed a seven-year, $126.7 million contract. According to Rotoworld, he will receive $22.5M this season, $15.5M next year and $16M in 2016. That’s the $54M all guaranteed. That Trestman’s contract has two-and-one-half seasons to run seems like a footnote in comparison. Imagine if the team you rooted for had that much cash and cap space tied up with Cutler. But I think it’s even worse than that for the Bears.

Here’s the Sun Times Rick Morrissey’s reaction to last night, titled The Bears are Finished:
The right thing would have been for general manager Phil Emery to make his way down to the Bears’ locker room at halftime and inform head coach Marc Trestman that his services would no longer be needed for the second half of Sunday’s game and beyond. And then for Emery to fire himself too.

From there, it would have logically followed that the McCaskeys would see the error of their ways and divest themselves of their ownership of the Bears and go into something better suited to their unique talents. Butter churning, perhaps. Or pizza delivery.
http://chicagosuntimes.com/football/the-bears-are-finished/

After a bye week to work out their problems, the Bears’ HC could only say he was ‘confounded’. After hiring an “offensive genius” and tying up a “franchise QB” to work with him, what’s left to say about the GM, except he doesn’t have a clue? (BTW, did you see the graphic showing the Bears have the most players signed from other teams in the league and the Packers the fewest?). Morrissey indicates why the Bears problems could be even worse than Emery, Trestman, and Cutler. Years ago I read the McCaskeys have enough loyalist in the organization to undermine the authority of the GM. If that’s true, firing Emery and Trestman and even eating Cutler’s contract won’t work. I’m not sure if firing team president Ted Phillips will help much either. So Morrissey may be onto something: The fix may require selling the Bears and how likely is that to happen?

The situation reminds me a little of the post-Lombardi pre-Bob Harlan dark ages. Not exactly of course but their organization may need an even greater fundamental change than Harlan instituted. If that’s really what it will take to turn the Bears around, last night’s schadenfreude dream could signal a Bears fan’s nightmare with no end in sight.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
......They are out of control. 670 the score this morning was awesome! I LOVE IT!

Streamed 670 the Score at work this morning. Totally enjoyable. Rather hilarious. Calls for heads to roll, burning effigies, taking over Halas Hall. The basic fed up venting. Did agree with the disapproval of the tweets to and about Tressmans daughter about being a bad person because of what her father's job is.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Streamed 670 the Score at work this morning. Totally enjoyable. Rather hilarious. Calls for heads to roll, burning effigies, taking over Halas Hall. The basic fed up venting. Did agree with the disapproval of the tweets to and about Tressmans daughter about being a bad person because of what her father's job is.

The comments wishing Virginia would have had abortions was classy. Wishing Rodgers get hurt was really a nice touch. Ya...all in all I would agree that they're a great group. Kind of like the boy scouts if I might say so myself.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't often visit other teams' boards, but I had to see what the Bear fans were saying over on one of their boards. This post nearly caused me to blow my cereal milk through my nose this morning:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
:D

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night was a Packers fan’s schadenfreude dream. I understand some Packers fans consider the Vikings the biggest rival but many (perhaps mostly old-timers like me) consider the Bears the permanent chief rival of the Packers. The rivalry took a very positive turn when Bob Harlan brought Ron Wolf to Green Bay; since then the Packers have won over 72% of the games against the Bears (according to the jsonline game story http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/Packers-roll-to-another-easy-victory-over-Bears.html). More recently, McCarthy has won 9 of the last 10 against them, including the game that has to burn a hole in the heart of true Bears fans: Their biggest rivals beating them at their house for a chance to go onto Super Bowl XLV. And to rub more than a little salt in the wound, the Packers went on to win their second championship since the Bears last won one, nearly three decades ago. (Keeping the Bears out of the playoffs in last season’s dramatic finale was just the cherry on top of that huge Sundae.)

Fast forward to this season and the Packers not only annihilated the Bears last night – the amazing thing about the 41-point margin was the game wasn’t that close. I’m not even sure how early that game was over, but it was early, early, early. The Bears played with the Packers for almost a half in their first game this year and then the Packers scored 69 unanswered points. Sixty-nine. Even worse for the Bears is they became the first NFL team since 1923 to surrender 50 or more points in back-to-back games. Wow, how long has it been since Lovie roamed the Bears’ sidelines? This is from the Tribune’s Steve Rosenbloom column, Why wasn’t Marc Trestman fired at halftime? http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ers-sunday-night-debacle-20141109-column.html In January, Cutler signed a seven-year, $126.7 million contract. According to Rotoworld, he will receive $22.5M this season, $15.5M next year and $16M in 2016. That’s the $54M all guaranteed. That Trestman’s contract has two-and-one-half seasons to run seems like a footnote in comparison. Imagine if the team you rooted for had that much cash and cap space tied up with Cutler. But I think it’s even worse than that for the Bears.

Here’s the Sun Times Rick Morrissey’s reaction to last night, titled The Bears are Finished: http://chicagosuntimes.com/football/the-bears-are-finished/

After a bye week to work out their problems, the Bears’ HC could only say he was ‘confounded’. After hiring an “offensive genius” and tying up a “franchise QB” to work with him, what’s left to say about the GM, except he doesn’t have a clue? (BTW, did you see the graphic showing the Bears have the most players signed from other teams in the league and the Packers the fewest?). Morrissey indicates why the Bears problems could be even worse than Emery, Trestman, and Cutler. Years ago I read the McCaskeys have enough loyalist in the organization to undermine the authority of the GM. If that’s true, firing Emery and Trestman and even eating Cutler’s contract won’t work. I’m not sure if firing team president Ted Phillips will help much either. So Morrissey may be onto something: The fix may require selling the Bears to and how likely is that to happen?

The situation reminds me a little of the post-Lombardi pre-Bob Harlan dark ages. Not exactly of course but their organization may need an even greater fundamental change than Harlan instituted. If that’s really what it will take to turn the Bears around, last night’s schadenfreude dream could signal a Bears fan’s nightmare with no end in sight.
Excellent analysis. It is truly amazing how far the Bears have fallen. I felt kinda sorry for the fans at halftime. The DB play on Nelson's TD's was just pathetic.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I will have to admit nobody whines quite like a sore Bears fan. They'll be whinin' all week too, count on it.

Members online

Latest posts