1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Bear week again!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mcoomer146, Nov 3, 2014.

1. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +57
    Thought this might get everyone ready for the Bears this week!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    & I'll be there!!

Flight from London, UK to Chicago on Friday morning then driving up to Green Bay!

I cannot wait.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    HUGE Game! Primetime spot. Lambeau field. Playing the Bears. What an atmosphere it's going to be. So much on the line, as well. We are right behind the Lions in the NFC North race, the same record as Dallas in the wildcard race and just 1 game behind the Eagles (who we get next week) for one of the top seeds in the NFC. 8 games left and 5 of them will be at home. It's time to take care of business because every goal is right there for us.

Bears- 20
    Packers- 34

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    yep... I consider this a knock out blow to the Bears. If the Bears get this game, like somebody else mentioned in another thread, as amazing as it might sounds they would be in the hunt. If they lose they're done. It's a huge game for the Bears.

The thought of killing yet another season for them just makes my day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    I got a Joke.

Whats the Difference between Bears fans and Marty Mcfly?

Eventually Marty Mcfly stopped going back to 1985...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    A new yearly tradition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    They took out our Air-Run last year which may have taken away our chances for a bye in the playoffs.
    Payback is a b***h, huh Bears?

• Like Like x 1
  8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    If a team wants to be in the playoffs at the end of the season, it can't give half-effort in the division. They must sweep one or two of their divisional opponents.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. searmh

searmh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    people very confident about us against the bears. To be honest im a bit nervous the bears have a great receiving core and a QB who on his day can be very good. Our defence needs to be playing well on sunday as chicago have a chance to stay with us in a shootout. Pressuring cutler is the key if we can hit him he will make mistakes, if we can get a lead he will make mistakes. Chicago are gonna be up for this game and with these rivalries owt can happen.

I think we will win but i doubt we will blow them away

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    While the Bears still lead the overall in the NFL's oldest rivalry 93-90-6 the Packers have been historically dominant in the last 20 years of it. Since 1994 the Packers are 31-11 against the Teddy Bears; including 11 season sweeps and victories in the two biggest games of the rivalry- the 2010 NFC Championship and the final day to win the division last year.

On a note of caution, though, 5 of Chicago's 11 wins in the last twenty years have come at Lambeau; including last season's 27-20 decision when Aaron Rodgers was knocked early with a fractured collarbone.

Putting an asterisk by that game, the Packers are 11-3 against Da Bears during the Rodgers era and have lost only that Rodgers-less game at home to them during this time.

Nine of the last 14 games have been decided by 8 points or less.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I believe we will win, but not if we give up 500 yards and 33 first downs. Bakhtiari will have to be better than he has in order to control Jared Allen. It'll be a close game, probably decided by turnovers, our only hope on defense.

Packers 34 Bears 30

12. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394

This is yet another annual ritual in Packer land. The over-stating of Jared Allen. More often than not Jared Allen has not only NOT destroyed the Packers the past few years....in most meetings he's been a complete non-issue. As the above poster stated, a hot Jay Cutler with some weapons at his disposal is a much bigger concern. Jared Allen is to a defense what Greg Olson is to an offense. He may make a play or two but he IS NOT going to take over a game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    I picked GB to win by 14, but that is because I hope they come out after the bye ready to get the sour taste out of their mouth from the New Orleans game and because it is at Lambeau. But, I am nervous (I think I am always nervous about games, haha) about this one, too. If Cutler and Forte come out playing well, we could have a fight on our hands. But I think us at home will play a big role, too.

14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Allen's time as an elite pass rusher appears to be over, but he's had more sacks against the Packers than any other team he's faced during his career, which a lot of fans think is noteworthy. Bakhtiari handled him fine last year, but seems to me Bak has taken a step backward this year, and he'll have to be at his best to stop him. This is a huge game for both teams: The Bears are basically out of playoff consideration with a loss; and the Packers with a loss would be 2 games behind Detroit in divisional games. Detroit would then have to lose 2 of the 3 remaining games against Chicago and Minnesota in order for us to catch them for divisional wins with a win on the last weekend (assuming we beat Minnesota in Minnesota). So our chance at a divisional Championship is also in jeopardy with a loss. Huge game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    The Amish will be in thou house! My first Packer Bear game - I have about 20 games under my belt, but never a bears game.

So is there a parking area designated for horse and buggies?

I will predict 32-0 Packers. And in the 2nd quarter I am thnking they do even better.
    In all seriousness, I see it Packers 32-23. Cutler will have it tough, but their RB should do well.

16. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    View from Lambeau south aka http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/55535-SUPER-BOWL-WEEK!!!
    they already have threads about their next coach and are hoping for a top 10 draft pick.

17. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Weather forecast is low 30's by kickoff possibly windy.

18. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517

We better hope Shields and Burnett are back in the secondary by Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    Bakhtiari has been decent in pass blocking but has had troubles in run blocking since entering the league. Jared Allen isn´t an elite pass rusher anymore but he was a factor in previous seasons vs. the Packers, especially in 2009 when he combined for 7.5 sacks in the two games.

20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Yes, I believe Clifton was injured in those 2 games--he never had much success against Clifton.

21. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Thanks Poppa San. Here was the best set of posts in that thread:

22. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    I'm going to the game and never even thought about checking the weather. Now I'm excited since I just saw this on the Nat'l Weather Service forecast for Green Bay: Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28

Bring on a night snow game at Lambeau!

23. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Yep... better snow than rain if you're a fan in the stands.

24. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,042
    My bladder is reacting and I`m sitting next to the radiator. Enjoy the game ;)

25. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    This is from McGinn’s “notes” about the Packers/Bears game:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-bears-b99383621z1-281555651.html

The Packers will also see DT Jeremiah Ratliff for the first time as a Bear. Their OL is banged up and they’ll play a little bit of musical chairs there. Their bad safeties are banged up. But they should be incredibly fired up for this game and playing away may help their backs-against-wall attitude. The Packers are better and should win, but taking anything for granted would be a mistake.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014