Official Bear week again!!!

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought this might get everyone ready for the Bears this week!

Attachments

• 4b5362924d252b8bd561b09132d0fe00.jpeg
    4b5362924d252b8bd561b09132d0fe00.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 257
  • 6bb65b02613876c5ab74525c43c6e624.jpeg
    6bb65b02613876c5ab74525c43c6e624.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 607d1a5a9941b1ef18d69380e33422d5.jpeg
    607d1a5a9941b1ef18d69380e33422d5.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 92e3e2303eaa1c44b3ebfc034b70f248.jpeg
    92e3e2303eaa1c44b3ebfc034b70f248.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-Discount-Doobie-Check.jpg
    Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-Discount-Doobie-Check.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,772
  • hylyqz9mpttdo3twfyc6.jpg
    hylyqz9mpttdo3twfyc6.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 243
  • BGUu_sICQAEWpbV.jpg
    BGUu_sICQAEWpbV.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,070
  • Jay-Cutler-pick-6.jpg
    Jay-Cutler-pick-6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 702
  • USATSI_7642053_168380188_lowres.jpg
    USATSI_7642053_168380188_lowres.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 221

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
& I'll be there!!

Flight from London, UK to Chicago on Friday morning then driving up to Green Bay!

I cannot wait.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HUGE Game! Primetime spot. Lambeau field. Playing the Bears. What an atmosphere it's going to be. So much on the line, as well. We are right behind the Lions in the NFC North race, the same record as Dallas in the wildcard race and just 1 game behind the Eagles (who we get next week) for one of the top seeds in the NFC. 8 games left and 5 of them will be at home. It's time to take care of business because every goal is right there for us.

Bears- 20
Packers- 34

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HUGE Game! Primetime spot. Lambeau field. Playing the Bears. What an atmosphere it's going to be. So much on the line, as well. We are right behind the Lions in the NFC North race, the same record as Dallas in the wildcard race and just 1 game behind the Eagles (who we get next week) for one of the top seeds in the NFC. 8 games left and 5 of them will be at home. It's time to take care of business because every goal is right there for us.

Bears- 20
Packers- 34

yep... I consider this a knock out blow to the Bears. If the Bears get this game, like somebody else mentioned in another thread, as amazing as it might sounds they would be in the hunt. If they lose they're done. It's a huge game for the Bears.

The thought of killing yet another season for them just makes my day.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a Joke.

Whats the Difference between Bears fans and Marty Mcfly?

Eventually Marty Mcfly stopped going back to 1985...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep... I consider this a knock out blow to the Bears. If the Bears get this game, like somebody else mentioned in another thread, as amazing as it might sounds they would be in the hunt. If they lose they're done. It's a huge game for the Bears.

The thought of killing yet another season for them just makes my day.
They took out our Air-Run last year which may have taken away our chances for a bye in the playoffs.
Payback is a b***h, huh Bears?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a team wants to be in the playoffs at the end of the season, it can't give half-effort in the division. They must sweep one or two of their divisional opponents.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people very confident about us against the bears. To be honest im a bit nervous the bears have a great receiving core and a QB who on his day can be very good. Our defence needs to be playing well on sunday as chicago have a chance to stay with us in a shootout. Pressuring cutler is the key if we can hit him he will make mistakes, if we can get a lead he will make mistakes. Chicago are gonna be up for this game and with these rivalries owt can happen.

I think we will win but i doubt we will blow them away

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Bears still lead the overall in the NFL's oldest rivalry 93-90-6 the Packers have been historically dominant in the last 20 years of it. Since 1994 the Packers are 31-11 against the Teddy Bears; including 11 season sweeps and victories in the two biggest games of the rivalry- the 2010 NFC Championship and the final day to win the division last year.

On a note of caution, though, 5 of Chicago's 11 wins in the last twenty years have come at Lambeau; including last season's 27-20 decision when Aaron Rodgers was knocked early with a fractured collarbone.

Putting an asterisk by that game, the Packers are 11-3 against Da Bears during the Rodgers era and have lost only that Rodgers-less game at home to them during this time.

Nine of the last 14 games have been decided by 8 points or less.

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we will win, but not if we give up 500 yards and 33 first downs. Bakhtiari will have to be better than he has in order to control Jared Allen. It'll be a close game, probably decided by turnovers, our only hope on defense.

Packers 34 Bears 30

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we will win, but not if we give up 500 yards and 33 first downs. Bakhtiari will have to be better than he has in order to control Jared Allen. It'll be a close game, probably decided by turnovers, our only hope on defense.

Packers 34 Bears 30

This is yet another annual ritual in Packer land. The over-stating of Jared Allen. More often than not Jared Allen has not only NOT destroyed the Packers the past few years....in most meetings he's been a complete non-issue. As the above poster stated, a hot Jay Cutler with some weapons at his disposal is a much bigger concern. Jared Allen is to a defense what Greg Olson is to an offense. He may make a play or two but he IS NOT going to take over a game.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people very confident about us against the bears. To be honest im a bit nervous the bears have a great receiving core and a QB who on his day can be very good. Our defence needs to be playing well on sunday as chicago have a chance to stay with us in a shootout. Pressuring cutler is the key if we can hit him he will make mistakes, if we can get a lead he will make mistakes. Chicago are gonna be up for this game and with these rivalries owt can happen.

I think we will win but i doubt we will blow them away

I picked GB to win by 14, but that is because I hope they come out after the bye ready to get the sour taste out of their mouth from the New Orleans game and because it is at Lambeau. But, I am nervous (I think I am always nervous about games, haha) about this one, too. If Cutler and Forte come out playing well, we could have a fight on our hands. But I think us at home will play a big role, too.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The over-stating of Jared Allen.
Allen's time as an elite pass rusher appears to be over, but he's had more sacks against the Packers than any other team he's faced during his career, which a lot of fans think is noteworthy. Bakhtiari handled him fine last year, but seems to me Bak has taken a step backward this year, and he'll have to be at his best to stop him. This is a huge game for both teams: The Bears are basically out of playoff consideration with a loss; and the Packers with a loss would be 2 games behind Detroit in divisional games. Detroit would then have to lose 2 of the 3 remaining games against Chicago and Minnesota in order for us to catch them for divisional wins with a win on the last weekend (assuming we beat Minnesota in Minnesota). So our chance at a divisional Championship is also in jeopardy with a loss. Huge game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Amish will be in thou house! My first Packer Bear game - I have about 20 games under my belt, but never a bears game.

So is there a parking area designated for horse and buggies?

I will predict 32-0 Packers. And in the 2nd quarter I am thnking they do even better.
In all seriousness, I see it Packers 32-23. Cutler will have it tough, but their RB should do well.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
View from Lambeau south aka http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/55535-SUPER-BOWL-WEEK!!!
It's only the first week of November but this is the Chicago Bears Super Bowl week. We can all conclusively say that the Bears will not go 8-0 or 7-1 down the strech to earn a playoff spot. This season is done after this week regardless of a win but it's PACKER week *****es!

This is it for the 2014 season and it comes down to GB yet again. This is our Super Bowl. If we win this game we can always look back and say "yea we sucked but we beat the Packers in GB"!

Drink, eat and enjoy the end of the 2014 season.
they already have threads about their next coach and are hoping for a top 10 draft pick.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 34 Bears 30

We better hope Shields and Burnett are back in the secondary by Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

Allen's time as an elite pass rusher appears to be over, but he's had more sacks against the Packers than any other team he's faced during his career, which a lot of fans think is noteworthy. Bakhtiari handled him fine last year, but seems to me Bak has taken a step backward this year, and he'll have to be at his best to stop him.

Bakhtiari has been decent in pass blocking but has had troubles in run blocking since entering the league. Jared Allen isn´t an elite pass rusher anymore but he was a factor in previous seasons vs. the Packers, especially in 2009 when he combined for 7.5 sacks in the two games.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks Poppa San. Here was the best set of posts in that thread:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Originally Posted by WestsideResider
"We win and we're a game back. I'm not saying, I'm just saying."

Posted by Spartan
"Not if the Lions win. Not even if the Lions lose. They say Bears fans are dumb. You might be a big reason why."

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather forecast is low 30's by kickoff possibly windy.
I'm going to the game and never even thought about checking the weather. Now I'm excited since I just saw this on the Nat'l Weather Service forecast for Green Bay: Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28

Bring on a night snow game at Lambeau!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to the game and never even thought about checking the weather. Now I'm excited since I just saw this on the Nat'l Weather Service forecast for Green Bay: Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28

Bring on a night snow game at Lambeau!

Yep... better snow than rain if you're a fan in the stands.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is from McGinn’s “notes” about the Packers/Bears game:
Maybe a return to Lambeau Field on Sunday night will help defensive end Jared Allen find that elusive "half a step" he admitted to lacking in the first half of his first season for the Chicago Bears. Allen leads the Bears in pressures with 17 but has merely 1½ sacks, a far cry from his average of 13.3 in 10 seasons for Kansas City and Minnesota.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-bears-b99383621z1-281555651.html

The Packers will also see DT Jeremiah Ratliff for the first time as a Bear. Their OL is banged up and they’ll play a little bit of musical chairs there. Their bad safeties are banged up. But they should be incredibly fired up for this game and playing away may help their backs-against-wall attitude. The Packers are better and should win, but taking anything for granted would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts