NYG to Packer Fans

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you make an amazing play on a jump ball? If there was someone in front of him that he had to take the ball away from i'd call it a great play. But when no one is in front of you to get in your way, well then its just a catch.

Giants played better than us today, i'll be the first to admit. But to say we didn't screw ourselves and the Giant's performance was the sole reason they won is just silly.

First, it was a GREAT catch by Nicks.

Second, when a team spits the bit, the biggest reason is the other team. And this was no last minute thing, like in 2007 -- this was far worse.

Zen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ive just watched the jump ball play over and over and im putting the credit squarely on nicks.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine but even having that play take place was the result of our defensive mistakes. We let a man run allllllll the way across the field and let him run out of bounds and stop the clock.

NYCDBS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's cut the crap... Look at all of the measurable metrics on offense receivers quarter back ratings running game the packers outmatched us in almoat every area but the Giants dominated this game... You know why??? Eli Manning. I'm tired of tbis Eli might be in the same league as Rodgers Brees Brady bla bla bla.... Look at this game biggest game of the season everything on the line Rodgers shrank and Eli shined. Enough Said he proved what Giants fans have known for years he IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THIS LEAGUE... Enjoy the offseason you guys ran into a buzz saw!!!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
eli is not in the league of rodgers, brady et al when it comes to CONSISTENCY. But when eli plays his best and elite games, he matches the other elite quarterbacks pass for pass. As we have witnessed numerous times in the playoffs, eli always shows up to big games. And when he does, he is another brees/rodgers/brady

Just a question, but isn't part of being elite being consistent? I mean what you are saying seems to be "When Eli is elite, Eli is elite."
The truth is, until this year Eli was incredibly inconsistent, but he has been pretty consistent this year. I still would not say he is elite because I do not know that a single year of consistency makes one elite, but if he remains consistent at this level he has to be at least considered.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I think Rogers is great. But Ceodore (and his ilk) keep writing that the Packers lost it -- no, the NYG whooped the Packers in every phase of the game, as you well know, Kitten. And it's funny to hear Packer fans now admitting (after the loss) that their defense leaves a bit to be desired -- which everyone else has known for months, just look at the stats

Uh...NYG...Eli Manning will not be able to beat the 49ers defense next Sunday. Did you see Drew Brees offense just get crushed? Yeah...Eli won't be able to beat a great defense like the 49ers.

Stop trying to praise Eli like he is elite, he defeated a LAST place defense.

Zen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be the greatest Quarterback in New York Giants history. he may continue to develop into a friggin monster and prove to be amazing down the field.

but im not going to say hes the greatest quarterback in the NFL right now. I think hes top 3.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Uh...NYG...Eli Manning will not be able to beat the 49ers defense next Sunday. Did you see Drew Brees offense just get crushed? Yeah...Eli won't be able to do beat a great defense like the 49ers.

The Giants can beat the Niners. Almost did already. I just don't still get this love affair with the Saints. Outside the dome they are mortal. If they had beaten the Niners though yesterday then the Saints would probably be my pick for the SB. They are near impossible to beat in that crazy dome.

Brees is a lot like Peyton Manning. They have great regular seasons most of the time but can't carry their bad D's in the playoffs on the road.

Alex Smith will have it tougher as well vs. this Giants pass rush over the Saints pathetic D.

Eli is a QB who often balls when expected to lose. He will beat the first/second seeds and the Patriots and those types of teams when everyone says he will get out gunned by Brady/Rodgers/Favre/Romo etc. I overlooked him a bit in this game but on the flip side I thought the Packers offense would be MUCH better despite the D.

The Giants are the most dangerous of the final 4 teams left IMO due to their balance on both sides of the ball and the fact that they are healthy for the first time all year lately.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
he IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THIS LEAGUE...

You lost me there, bro. One game may be enough to convince me he is elite, but I draw the line at calling him the best QB in the league. Let him play a whole season as he did today and then I'd give this consideration.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be the greatest Quarterback in New York Giants history. he may continue to develop into a friggin monster and prove to be amazing down the field.

but im not going to say hes the greatest quarterback in the NFL right now. I think hes top 3.

In the Giants organization, yes. League? Keep trying.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You lost me there, bro. One game may be enough to convince me he is elite, but I draw the line at calling him the best QB in the league. Let him play a whole season as he did today and then I'd give this consideration.

If Eli wins another ring this year many may start to say he is the better Manning. Just watch. It will happen. They will point to the big games and put him over his older brother. I hope they don't do this though and let them be separate.

Ben has two rings but he is not at the top of my list.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's cut the crap... Look at all of the measurable metrics on offense receivers quarter back ratings running game the packers outmatched us in almoat every area but the Giants dominated this game... You know why??? Eli Manning. I'm tired of tbis Eli might be in the same league as Rodgers Brees Brady bla bla bla.... Look at this game biggest game of the season everything on the line Rodgers shrank and Eli shined. Enough Said he proved what Giants fans have known for years he IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THIS LEAGUE... Enjoy the offseason you guys ran into a buzz saw!!!

I give you after the 3rd q Rodgers stunk..

but from q1-3 they dropped 8 passes..Clearly you cant sit there and say he made them drop?

The way our day went it balls were hitting the guys in the HANDS and couldnt catch it...Example of what a receiver should do

That one 3rd down conv to Ballard? 2 inches higher and he doesnt catch it...But he streched as high as he could and caught it to keep drive going..No matter if it was to high or not..He caught it, our guys couldnt

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh geez, here come the NYG pinheads claiming their greatness....

The Packers alone beat themselves today no one else. A-Rod is not to blame in this game as well as Manning is not to congratulate. The Packers disposed of them selves /end of story.

I am beginning to believe having the off week is a detriment more so than a gift. This league is all about peaking at the right time. When you take the cake and sit for 3 weeks it is hard to maintain a fire.

Not to take anything away from the giants, but face the facts the packers did not play the way the had the previous 16 weeks.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants can beat the Niners. Almost did already. I just don't still get this love affair with the Saints. Outside the dome they are mortal. If they had beaten the Niners though yesterday then the Saints would probably be my pick for the SB. They are near impossible to beat in that crazy dome.

Brees is a lot like Peyton Manning. They have great regular seasons most of the time but can't carry their bad D's in the playoffs on the road.

Alex Smith will have it tougher as well vs. this Giants pass rush over the Saints pathetic D.

Eli is a QB who often balls when expected to lose. He will beat the first/second seeds and the Patriots and those types of teams when everyone says he will get out gunned by Brady/Rodgers/Favre/Romo etc. I overlooked him a bit in this game but on the flip side I thought the Packers offense would be MUCH better despite the D.

The Giants are the most dangerous of the final 4 teams left IMO due to their balance on both sides of the ball and the fact that they are healthy for the first time all year lately.

I guess we'll see, but history usually repeats itself. The team with the more dominant defense usually wins. Giants allowed 400 points all season long opposed to the 49ers allowing 229 points.

It will be a good match, if Eli can defeat this young 49ers defense (which is eerily reminiscent of the late 90s/early 00s Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense) than I will give him major props.

In all of the Giants wins this season, they have yet to defeat a top 10 defense.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a question, but isn't part of being elite being consistent? I mean what you are saying seems to be "When Eli is elite, Eli is elite."
The truth is, until this year Eli was incredibly inconsistent, but he has been pretty consistent this year. I still would not say he is elite because I do not know that a single year of consistency makes one elite, but if he remains consistent at this level he has to be at least considered.
Don't worry, NOT ONE person cares if you don't think he's elite. Ask Rogers -- he'll tell you, your nuts.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. was on board till this. Why not say the best of all time?

No, that would be like what your fans were saying about Rogers all year and are choking on now -- and we know what BS that is -- he's very good, simple as that -- no messiah

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh...NYG...Eli Manning will not be able to beat the 49ers defense next Sunday. Did you see Drew Brees offense just get crushed? Yeah...Eli won't be able to beat a great defense like the 49ers.

You weren't saying that about your defense BEFORE THE GAME, WERE YOU? WAKE UP!

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh geez, here come the NYG pinheads claiming their greatness....

The Packers alone beat themselves today no one else. A-Rod is not to blame in this game as well as Manning is not to congratulate. The Packers disposed of them selves /end of story.

I am beginning to believe having the off week is a detriment more so than a gift. This league is all about peaking at the right time. When you take the cake and sit for 3 weeks it is hard to maintain a fire.

Not to take anything away from the giants, but face the facts the packers did not play the way the had the previous 16 weeks.

you don't get it -- NYG O and D whooped your *** -- ask Rogers, he'll tell you that

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the NYG really are peaking now, just as I thought they were -- and of course, you didn't. You must admit, that was a manhandlng win today. Even after the refs plainly blew the call on the first GB fumble -- even after the ridiculous call on Osi in the 4th quarter -- both of which will be "reversed" by the NFL this week -- it was the fundamental weakness of your defense, and your offense's slippery hands, that did you in.

Nevertheless, the Packers are a class organization with good prospects. Problem this year was (1) you were trying to repeat, which is hard enough, (2) on top of that, you went 13-0, creating even more pressure, (3) the press and you anointed Rogers as a football God, creating even more expectations, and (4) many Packers fans drank the BS about Rogers.

Based on today's game, Eli Manning is plainly in Roger's league throwing the ball. As is Brady, Peyton Manning, and Brees. Which doesn't mean that the 49ers or Ravens won't win the SuperBowl. This is a TEAM game.

If you want to keep on denying these matters, cry in your soup all winter. Otherwise, truly enjoy your winter break. Most of you get it -- and know football.
We need a "thumbs down" option for crappy posts for trolls like this.

atthegates97

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a Giants fan claiming to 'know football'... that might be the best thing ive read all day.

just ignore these fools. i live in new york, so i know how all of these clowns act. i bet this kid didnt have a care in the world for football during his teams 4 game losing streak. like most giants fans.

Members online

Latest posts