NYG to Packer Fans

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the NYG really are peaking now, just as I thought they were -- and of course, you didn't. You must admit, that was a manhandlng win today. Even after the refs plainly blew the call on the first GB fumble -- even after the ridiculous call on Osi in the 4th quarter -- both of which will be "reversed" by the NFL this week -- it was the fundamental weakness of your defense, and your offense's slippery hands, that did you in.

Nevertheless, the Packers are a class organization with good prospects. Problem this year was (1) you were trying to repeat, which is hard enough, (2) on top of that, you went 13-0, creating even more pressure, (3) the press and you anointed Rogers as a football God, creating even more expectations, and (4) many Packers fans drank the BS about Rogers.

Based on today's game, Eli Manning is plainly in Roger's league throwing the ball. As is Brady, Peyton Manning, and Brees. Which doesn't mean that the 49ers or Ravens won't win the SuperBowl. This is a TEAM game.

If you want to keep on denying these matters, cry in your soup all winter. Otherwise, truly enjoy your winter break. Most of you get it -- and know football.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on today's game, Eli Manning is plainly in Roger's league throwing the ball.

You're out of your gourd on this point. I could have completed those 3rd and longs against the Packers' secondary. Just because Eli shredded the "worst defense in the history of football" does not put him on par with AR.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, NYG, this is probably the best post I've seen you make. I can't really refute your claims. Only I don't think there is any BS concerning Rodgers. You clearly have a case with Eli, I admit to being wrong not to of including him with Brady, Peyton, Brees and Rodgers. Congrats on the win, you have a really good chance of winning all. Enjoy it! Please beat the Patriots if you both make it! A lot of us won't feel nearly as bad if the Pats get beat.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're out of your gourd on this point. I could have completed those 3rd and longs against the Packers' secondary. Just because Eli shredded the "worst defense in the history of football" does not put him on par with AR.

You simply don't know football. End.

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to keep on denying these matters, cry in your soup all winter. Otherwise, truly enjoy your winter break. Most of you get it -- and know football.

I will vote for the 49ers and the Patriots to help make sure the Giants don't win another Tempt Destiny billboard.

Let's see if the superstition that the Giants have never won a Super Bowl without the Tempt Destiny billboard is a jinx or not. Let's see how YOU enjoy that!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not so sure on that. I may not be the biggest fan of Eli, but he made a case for himself today, regardless of our D. The true test will come against San Fran's D and I think Eli can beat them.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, NYG, this is probably the best post I've seen you make. I can't really refute your claims. Only I don't think there is any BS concerning Rodgers. You clearly have a case with Eli, I admit to being wrong not to of including him with Brady, Peyton, Brees and Rodgers. Congrats on the win, you have a really good chance of winning all. Enjoy it! Please beat the Patriots if you both make it! A lot of us won't feel nearly as bad if the Pats get beat.

Enjoy the winter!

Zen

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look at Eli's numbers. he is playing very well... i think rodgers is a pinnacle of the breed, but Eli is not leagues behind him.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at Eli's numbers. he is playing very well... i think rodgers is a pinnacle of the breed, but Eli is not leagues behind him.

Not saying he isn't playing well. I just think you can't really say that, based on today's performance, they're on the same level due to him picking apart the worst defense in football. I'd call him elite, but probably the worst of the elites unless you include Big Ben based on his SB wins.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eli is not in the league of rodgers, brady et al when it comes to CONSISTENCY. But when eli plays his best and elite games, he matches the other elite quarterbacks pass for pass. As we have witnessed numerous times in the playoffs, eli always shows up to big games. And when he does, he is another brees/rodgers/brady

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ceodore knows his football quite well. I just don't think he'll be buying a ticket for the Eli Express Train anytime soon. Can't really complain, because you seem to feel the same way about Rodgers.

No, I think Rogers is great. But Ceodore (and his ilk) keep writing that the Packers lost it -- no, the NYG whooped the Packers in every phase of the game, as you well know, Kitten. And it's funny to hear Packer fans now admitting (after the loss) that their defense leaves a bit to be desired -- which everyone else has known for months, just look at the stats

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I think Rogers is great. But Ceodore (and his ilk) keep writing that the Packers lost it -- no, the NYG whopped the Packers in every phase of the game, as you well know, Kitten

Yes, you guys did. But had the Packers played to their full potential and had they not of dropped those balls, you'd of seen a whole different game. The Pack didn't bring it. Not to take anything away from the Giants, your team is unbelievable today and you deserve the win.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, you guys did. But had the Packers played to their full potential and had they not of dropped those balls, you'd of seen a whole different game. The Pack didn't bring it. Not to take anything away from the Giants, your team is unbelievable today and you deserve the win.

As Rogers correctly said, in the NFL, it's all about how you perform on game day -- plainly, the NYG were a primary cause of many of the mistakes the Packers made, including the drops (which in some cases arose from passes that were a bit off due to the pressure Rogers was feeling). Don't even try to suggest otherwise.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I think Rogers is great. But Ceodore (and his ilk) keep writing that the Packers lost it -- no, the NYG whooped the Packers in every phase of the game, as you well know, Kitten. And it's funny to hear Packer fans now admitting (after the loss) that their defense leaves a bit to be desired -- which everyone else has known for months, just look at the stats

Don't post things you don't know about, otherwise you'd know that we have an "OFFICIAL DEFENSIVE ISSUES" thread on this forum that, if i'm not mistaken has been here since the Packers/Saints game. And while the Giants played well, we doomed ourselves with our mistakes. Dropped passes, poor ball protection, blown defensive coverages. Those were all our mistakes.

Take for example the touchdown at the end of the half, how are we going to have 2 defenders BEHIND a reciever and no one in front of him on a hail mary?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Rogers correctly said, in the NFL, it's all about how you perform on game day -- plainly, the NYG were a primary cause of many of the mistakes the Packers made, including the drops (which in some cases arose from passes that were a bit off due to the pressure Rogers was feeling). Don't even try to suggest otherwise.

It was also on the receivers, they usually make those catches. A lot of things went wrong for the Pack and yes, much of it had to do with you guys. We picked a really bad time to have a bad game.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't post things you don't know about, otherwise you'd know that we have an "OFFICIAL DEFENSIVE ISSUES" thread on this forum that, if i'm not mistaken has been here since the Packers/Saints game. And while the Giants played well, we doomed ourselves with our mistakes. Dropped passes, poor ball protection, blown defensive coverages. Those were all our mistakes.

Take for example the touchdown at the end of the half, how are we going to have 2 defenders BEHIND a reciever and no one in front of him on a hail mary?

Oh, so Nicks didn't make an amazing play on the ball? Wake up.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was also on the receivers, they usually make those catches. A lot of things went wrong for the Pack and yes, much of it had to do with you guys. We picked a really bad time to have a bad game.

Well, maybe just maybe the NYG were the primary cause of your "bad game"

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all seriousness, have a great winter, spring and summer -- see you guys next year! It's only a football game!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, so Nicks didn't make an amazing play on the ball? Wake up.

How do you make an amazing play on a jump ball? If there was someone in front of him that he had to take the ball away from i'd call it a great play. But when no one is in front of you to get in your way, well then its just a catch.

Giants played better than us today, i'll be the first to admit. But to say we didn't screw ourselves and the Giant's performance was the sole reason they won is just silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts