Notes: Thompson: Rookie similar to Tauscher

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay let's engage logic circuits. Thompson says he reminds him of Tauscher, but not quite, Tauscher was a 7th Round pick. We got this guy in the 6th I think it was? So on the basis of those inferences from Thompson I still call it a reach. How's that for my reasoning? :D

I'm not saying he can't be good or that he can't be coached up to be good either, I just feel it was a reach pick.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Okay let's engage logic circuits. Thompson says he reminds him of Tauscher, but not quite, Tauscher was a 7th Round pick. We got this guy in the 6th I think it was? So on the basis of those inferences from Thompson I still call it a reach. How's that for my reasoning? :D

I'm not saying he can't be good or that he can't be coached up to be good either, I just feel it was a reach pick.

LOL.. fair enough.. I just hope one of the two kids jumps out at camp.. we need some consistency and some decent push behind the front three of Colledge, Spitz and Coston.. someone to put a fire in there behinds to concentrate, say low and play pissed off that someone is going to take their jobs..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's not be hasty. there's no reason to bring logic into the picture.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Let's not be hasty. there's no reason to bring logic into the picture.

I think you forgot a smiley on that one LOL. Seriously I think most Packer Fans want their team and all the players to be the best we can possibly field, I'm not saying Sitton or any other pick in this years draft won't make a solid contribution, I just felt he was a reach. That's my opinion, it does not have to be anyone the opinion held by anyone else.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not a problem dude. I don't know the guy, so I don't have an opinion... or i'd like to make myself think i don't have one. lol.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is on many teams picks in the 6th and 7th Rounds do not always even make the Practice Squad let alone the Regular 53 Man Roster

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Greg C. said:
I thought this was a bizarro article. He makes it sound like the only reason they took him was because of the comparison to Tauscher.

I also like how the bit about Sitton ends with, "Thompson maintained that Sitton wasn't a reach." Umm, okay.

I think what makes the article a little odd is that the writer was patching together quotes from a press conference, which would've been all responses to questions, but he does not include the questions. So, for example, when Thompson "maintained that Sitton wasn't a reach," he probably said that because some reporter asked if Sitton was a reach. A dumb question, but those are the kinds of questions they ask sometimes.

I think the mention of vertical jump is funny. Could somebody please tell me the significance of vertical jump for an offensive tackle? Do they maybe have to jump up in the air to block a guy who is trying to jump over them?

explosiveness in the legs. for run blocking

Thanks, bozz. I hadn't thought of that.

Members online

Latest posts